Good Quality Flatbed Trailers- what brands? Looking at Triple crown

Started by yfz450man, August 06, 2006, 04:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfz450man

I'm looking at getting a 6X12 or possibly 5X13 or 5X14 flatbed/open type trailer with gate, and was wondering what are the quality brands that are out there for a decent price. 

I"ve looked at some cheaper ones, mainly the new ones you see in the paper for $850, but they have very little paint on them and look like they will rust fast.  I saw one on a dealers lot that he had been using that was rusted more than I would like to see on a newer trailer, and he told me it was 6 months old.  I don't want to haul a rustbucket, and would prefer to spend a little extra on a trailer thats going to be more durable.

I've looked at some Triple Crown trailers, and they appear to be a step above the "cheapie" ones out there, but I haven't seen one that's 6 months old or older since I've been looking.  Does anyone know about Triple Crown trailers? 

What are the other brands you would recommend?  I guess lawn businesses would buy the quality ones, perhaps I need to pay more attention to what they have!! 

THanks
Donate to the Jeremiah Jones Recovery Fund :
[url="http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm"]http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm[/url]

FORD4X4GIRL

triple crown is pretty good or else i would look into big tex .....
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

yfz450man

Donate to the Jeremiah Jones Recovery Fund :
[url="http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm"]http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm[/url]

NPRVinson

I have a Triple Crown trailer and they are good trailers for the price. I got a 6x16 at R&R for $1100 tandam w/ 15'' wheels. You have to touch them up once in a while. I also had a Po-Boy which was a good trailer too. I looked at the Emerson's and they were not as well built as the Triple Crown in my opinion.

yfz450man

Quote from: NPRVinson on August 07, 2006, 12:41:26 PM
I have a Triple Crown trailer and they are good trailers for the price. I got a 6x16 at R&R for $1100 tandam w/ 15'' wheels. You have to touch them up once in a while. I also had a Po-Boy which was a good trailer too. I looked at the Emerson's and they were not as well built as the Triple Crown in my opinion.

Where's R&R?  I'm looking for a dealer who carries Triple crown....

Thanks!!
Donate to the Jeremiah Jones Recovery Fund :
[url="http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm"]http://jbatvracing.com/88Live2Ride/jones.htm[/url]

FOREMANRON

R&R IS IN HUDSON ON 19 ABOUT 10 MINUTES NORTH OF HWY 52. I HAVE A 6X16 AND THEY WERE THE CHEAPEST ON TRIPLE CROWN OUT OF 2 OTHER PLACES IN TAMPA BY $200.00 PLUS
2007 POLARIS RANGER 700 MOSSY OAK WITH A WARN 4.0 WINCH,2006
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 700