Banshee and 250R owners.... I have a question...

Started by Old_School, August 04, 2006, 04:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old_School

What's the most cc's you can get out of your motors? I'm on another board and some dude is telling me that shees can go up to 1000cc's and R up to 500. I've seen 500cc shees and 330 R's but nothing more. I'm calling BS on him. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Hoosier Daddy

#1
Quote from: Old_School on August 04, 2006, 04:04:09 PM
What's the most cc's you can get out of your motors? I'm on another board and some dude is telling me that shees can go up to 1000cc's and R up to 500. I've seen 500cc shees and 330 R's but nothing more. I'm calling BS on him. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -Mark

ive seen 500 out of the sabertooth 250r motors. I have a 380cc R with is the biggest before you go to a saber.
and something like 610 out of a banshee. A 1000cc no way. anything above a 421cc Cub would be stricty a drag bike IMO.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Nightbreed

#2
What about the Polonda 250R's? Do they count?


Mrs.N here..Sorry , I didnt realize he was logged in.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

TRX450R_Racer

Like Nightbreed said, You put a Polaris jug on a 250R bottom end and you have a 500cc 250R.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Old_School

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 04, 2006, 04:31:55 PM
Like Nightbreed said, You put a Polaris jug on a 250R bottom end and you have a 500cc 250R.

Wow, didn't know you could do that. Pretty cool. But IMO I don't consider that to be a actual 250R motor at that point.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Old_School on August 04, 2006, 04:58:23 PM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on August 04, 2006, 04:31:55 PM
Like Nightbreed said, You put a Polaris jug on a 250R bottom end and you have a 500cc 250R.

Wow, didn't know you could do that. Pretty cool. But IMO I don't consider that to be a actual 250R motor at that point.  -Mark

well if your going to go in the 500cc range you oatta go with the sabers, everyone is getting 90+ on gas out of them, 100 on ALKY, the polandas are what in the 70-75 range..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

TurboBanshee_kid

610cc for the banshee but I have seen some with triple cylinders
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

Hoosier Daddy

#7
Quote from: TurboBanshee_kid on August 04, 2006, 06:04:16 PM
610cc for the banshee but I have seen some with triple cylinders

did you read the above post.? :K  i think some some said that already..  :-\  a triple isnt a banshee motor, otherwise you could have the argument of saying over a 1000cc is possiable but when you stick a busa motor in there..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Fox17


Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Fox17 on August 05, 2006, 03:28:06 AM
a busa motor is 1300cc.

:tsktsk.gif   i was making a general statement. i wasnt tring to be exact on the cc's of a busa motor since that not what this topic is about. But thanks for your intellectual thought anyway..  8)
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

fastrnrik


Fox17

just makin sure you knew. jk. there might be some stupid people on here that learned something. they may have been confused or somethin. besides i had nothing better to do.

Smoknbanshee

banshee stock motor 64 mm bore 54 mm stroke.  cut and i talked about this yesterday biggest bore currently is 79 mm (that I know of) and there is an 89 mm bore (that is being tested w/ lots of welding on the banshee cases.  These are the biggest bores that I know of that will fit banshee cases with lots of modifications.  The most stroke that I know of is 20 mm stroke more than factory.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, cause there might be something out there bigger than I know of.

(bore x bore x stroke x .7845 x # of cylinders)/1,000 = cc's

stock
(64 x 64 x 54 x .7845 x 2)/1,000 = 347 cc's

biggest I know of open to public
(79 x 79 x 74 x .7845 x 2)/1,000 = 725 cc's

biggest I know of not open to the public
(89 x 89 x 74 x .7845 x 2)/1,000 = 919 cc's

most of the triples that are used for drag racing are around 1,000 cc's right now.  Next year they will probably be up to 1300 cc's from what I have heard.


Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Hoosier Daddy

#13
man! the cash flow never ends..
I assume the 919cc uses billet cases? talk about a 9K motor!
79mm bore! thats freakin huge! whos making cylinders that big now?
Im sure with a crank with that stroke the bottom of the case has to be paper thin..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Smoknbanshee

#14
chris, cut might be able to chime in and talk about the 79 mm bore cylinders.  That is where I got my information from, I am just the #'s cruncher.  Now you know why I won't have a banshee anymore.  Racing dogs is alot more fun IMO.  I enjoy watching my dog race a whole lot more than I have ever enjoyed drag racing. 

cut has posted information on www.atvflorida*******.com site that reveals the 89 mm bore cylinders.  i am not sure if cut is on this site much anymore.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

Old_School

Ok, help me out here. Increasing the stroke to the point of coming out of the sleeve....... do they re-sleeve the jugs and make them longer? Wouldn't a longer stroke limit the amount of rpms shees can turn. I know they spin to the moon and that's where they make their power but lower their powerband wouldn't be thing would it?  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

Hoosier Daddy

most aftermarket cylinders are made for a certian stroke, some 250r cylinders as well. if you looked under my cylinder you would see a .25" spacer to lift the cylinder up so the piston doesnt pop out. I know its best to keep an engine as square as possiable, meaning for EXAMPLE a 64mm stroke x 64mm piston would be square. as long as you keep the squish and compression down they will go into over rev. when you tightin them up they seem to fart out at top end.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"