Are ATVS Allowed in the Green Swamp?

Started by AmericanRobster, July 25, 2006, 09:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I have heard of a place called the Green Swamp, I don't know where it is though. I was just wondering if anyone knew about it and if ATVs where allowed to ride out there.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

UncleRico

The Green Swamp is on the northern edge of Polk County.


Just beware of the Swamp Ape, that's where it lives.


Very dangerous.  As for wether you can ride there, I don't honestly know. I bet you could use utilities back there, because it's suppose to be good hunting grounds.
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cheropride

Swamp ape, now that's funny, never seen it, but boy I have smelled him.... lol
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

foreman1

Quote from: americanrobster on July 25, 2006, 09:15:08 PM
I have heard of a place called the Green Swamp, I don't know where it is though. I was just wondering if anyone knew about it and if ATVs where allowed to ride out there.

I hunted there a few years ago and  it was street trucks only on a designated trail , no atv's.
When hunting season is over the gate was closed so if you wanted access you had ride a bicycle or walk.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

blupits04

st. johns water management and the game commission will write tickets for riding in the management area.or in the mud,lakes,orwater ways of anykind if you get caught it's pretty steap ticket.all the water ways south of hwy 50 are covered by that due to alot of natural springs and some of tampas water comes from there.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com