Advice on QUADZILLA

Started by Roostin300ex, July 25, 2006, 05:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostin300ex

my local shops mechanic is selling his 1989 Quadzilla 500.  He recently rebuilt it and says he needs to sell it in order to pay bills.  It has lots of extras (ohlins, nerfs, wiseco, etc.).  I bought a 1997 300 ex and thn a 1993 kx125.  I had lots of trouble with the 300 ex and a little with the kx125.  I am worried about the age issue and with age comes problems.,  I want a fast quad and have been looking at used yfzs and trxs but this is a lot less.  $2500 is what he is prob gonna ask, do u suggest steering awAY or lookin into it further?

thanks
1997 Honda 300 Ex...some mods...FOR SALE
1993 KX-125 pro circuit exhaust, renthal bars, khlein carb, flywheel, excel rims, powdercoated rims and forks, moose bar guards, ceet, oh yea a spare engine!

klutchbuster400

the quadzilla is one BAD@SS quad. I have seen a few and they are just crazy, this one kinda sounds mx'd out, If you think you can maintian it well and can handle itm then sure!

fastrnrik

Quadzillas are bad to the bone. I have one that's being rebuilt right now. They're definately not for the faint of heart. There is a guy on here, Quad32x, that is the man on anything Quadzilla, and he's very helpful. If he doesn't reply to your post, look him up.

TRX450R_Racer

Get a newer 4 stroke. 2 strokes are a dieing breed. Anyone I know that had a Quadzilla worked on it more than they rode it. Get a YFZ, TRX, LTR or a Z400, depending on what you want to do with it. If you look hard enough you can find a deal.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

fastrnrik

After some thought, if your not going to devote the time and money to keep up the maintenence on the 'Zilla, then leave it alone. You would probably be happier with a newer 4 stroke quad. I don't what type of riding you do with it, but a Z400 is a good all around quad, and they're available pretty cheap. I have a YFZ, and it's an excellent bike also, but like any thing with a motor, speed costs $$$. Make no mistake though, my hopped up YFZ doesn't stand a chance in a straight up race against my Quadzilla. :'(
Oh, and hey TRX450R, come on up to Ocala, there are several of the "dying breed" 2 strokes around here that would love to break it off in your 4 poke's poop chute. ;) 

TRX450R_Racer

#5
Quote from: fastrnrik on July 25, 2006, 09:49:13 PM
After some thought, if your not going to devote the time and money to keep up the maintenence on the 'Zilla, then leave it alone. You would probably be happier with a newer 4 stroke quad. I don't what type of riding you do with it, but a Z400 is a good all around quad, and they're available pretty cheap. I have a YFZ, and it's an excellent bike also, but like any thing with a motor, speed costs $$$. Make no mistake though, my hopped up YFZ doesn't stand a chance in a straight up race against my Quadzilla. :'(
Oh, and hey TRX450R, come on up to Ocala, there are several of the "dying breed" 2 strokes around here that would love to break it off in your 4 poke's poop chute. ;) 

As long as there are turns involved and it's not a straight line, I wouldn't run my mouth. It's like the Raptor complex, people want them because of the big cc numbers.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.