Does anybody else here have a 2 up ATV?

Started by AmericanRobster, July 24, 2006, 12:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanRobster

I was wondering if anyone other then me had a 2 up ATV?
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

GrizzlyBear

don't have one, but as a trail ranger we see them all the tine in the ONF
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

UncleRico

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

wheelie_boy

05 kx 250f

Kawa3

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

FishaHallic

Nice looking ride except for the windshield.

sweetrider215

 ya sorta u can turn the cargo box into one .




Andrea
yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
mud gear tires
winch
cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07

Gamer

Most places are starting to require if your going to tow someone that the ATV be made to do so.  That's why I wish more companys start making them.  Artic Cat and Bombardier are the only ones making them that I know of.  I wish Yamaha would make one.  I need to buy one so my son can start going with me in Big Cypress.

sweetrider215

hey Gamer i saw that u can have a seet personally made for the yamaha wolverines casue i  have a wolverine and i was looking into it but we bought another wheeler so we dont need it 
yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
mud gear tires
winch
cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07

Gamer

Quote from: sweetrider215 on July 25, 2006, 12:27:17 PM
hey Gamer i saw that u can have a seet personally made for the yamaha wolverines casue i  have a wolverine and i was looking into it but we bought another wheeler so we dont need it 

Big Cypress will not allow you to tow people unless the manufacturer of your ATV states it is specifically designed to hold a passenger.  I have one of those seats that fits on the rack and they won't let me use it.  Now I can use it at Holeylands only because I have not been told I can't.  I think in 2007 or 08 there is a new law that will go into effect in Florida that says you will not be allowed to tow anyone on an ATV unless it is designed to do so.

sweetrider215

geez i think that is stupid b/c some manufactures dont make the wheelers that way
yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
mud gear tires
winch
cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07

MIARAP1


MachineDog

Quote from: sweetrider215 on July 25, 2006, 02:25:36 PM
geez i think that is stupid b/c some manufactures dont make the wheelers that way

By 2008 most should. Besides, it is NOT safe to use it as a 2-up unless designed for it. This means extended and raised floorboards, longer wheelbase to keep the passenger over or in front of the rear wheels, handles, etc. If that law goes into effect for holylands then we'll prolly be looking at getting a 2-up in a few years.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

AmericanRobster


Me & my Girl on my ARCTIC CAT TRV 500 4X4.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

UncleRico

Doesn't the windshield get in the way when you're skipping over the whoops at about 45?
UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."

cheropride

AmericanRobster cool picture, that's sweet.  Me being a female and all, just like that.... Way cool...

And I am glad it was not only me, I didn't know what a 2-up was either.  Ah dah, I thought it was a shifting thing, too funny.
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

AmericanRobster

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

MachineDog

Quote from: UncleRico on July 25, 2006, 08:53:59 PM
Doesn't the windshield get in the way when you're skipping over the whoops at about 45?

It's not designed to do that, but it wouldn't get in the way I wouldn't think. If so, I'd remove it. :/
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

jcaldwell

Polaris came out with an atv that holds two people.
Honda 400ex
Sportsman 500

fastrnrik

I thought those things looked kind of clownish when I saw them at the dealer. After seeing the picture of it in use with you and your lady, it looks kind of cool. Is it comfortable for two normal sized people? (you look about my size)

AmericanRobster

I really like it alot, it has a smooth ride, and still goes fast even with the weight of 2 people. I will have to admit this is my first ATV that I have ever owned. The first time that I have ever got to ride an ATV was in Alaska, though that ATV was only a Polaris 380 I still got hooked and wanted one from that day on. Since then I met a great girl who is likes to try new things. So, I soon looked into the 2 up and from there I was sold on it.
2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com