4x4 light blinking on my rubicon

Started by PropaneDr, July 22, 2006, 11:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PropaneDr

 :banghead.gif  My Rubicon is only a couple of months old. its an 06 model with 5.1 hours on the engine. Today i took it out of the garage and tried to run it a little. the battery was dead.  so i started it with the rope. ran it for a few minutes, then decided to put it in 4wd. it engaged into 4wd, ran about 100 feet then it started to blink two times, then pause, then two times. The only way for me to get it into 4wd is to turn it off, then back on. and it will only stay in 4wd for about 100 feet.  Any  ideas ?

thanks

Cory1020

sounds like an eletrical problem. i would say take it to the shop b/c it has a warranty.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

561rincon

read the manual i think you have to reset it. i had to do the same to sister-in-laws bike when i put a winch on it and D/C the cable to battery.
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

cheropride

That's weird, my Kawi was doing that last weekend.  After long rides, the 4x4 light would start blinking, even though I never put it in 4x4.  The only way I go get mine to go off what to turn the bike off and back on.  So thanks for the reminder, I meant to look into that when I got back.  I need to really service mine this weekend - overdue.... 

If anyone knows what this might be, would love the input -  Kawi 360 Prairie 4x4, but I guess it is happen on a variety of manufactures...

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP