Questions about l-cross

Started by mikeE36, July 22, 2006, 11:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeE36

How are the trails?
What are they like?
Can you go anytime or just on certain days?
Could a dirt bike ride there?
Whats the fee to get in?
Does anyone have the address to this place so I can do a mapquest.

brett711

lcross is not trails.. l cross is a bunch of mudholes that everyone plays in..
they do have trail rides through the large areas of land they have, its a supv ride given 2 times.

the fee is 30 bucks. they are off 78 near buckheadridge.
2007 honda rancher

kawGIRL

#2
Didn't see you today brett, is it "chicken boy" now instead of " goat boy "  ;D
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

cheropride

I would not say L-cross has any trails either.  I also would not say L-cross would be the place for a dirt bike.  If you want more information, check out their web-site
www.l-cross.com.

As for me, I where to do another l-cross type deal, I would probably rather go to Peace River.  There are atleast some trails and we used to ride the overflow (when the river is down).  I don't know if you can still ride the overflow, have not been out there in years.  Keep in mind there are a lot of rules within the campground regarding riding, but if you ride the overflow no-rules.  Use to see all types of bikes from ATVS, dirt-bikes, trucks, you name it was there. The river side of the overflow had alot of hills and stuff, and the otherside had alot of mud. And at the least if you got hot, you had the river, which is really nice.  The best time to go is when the river is low, cause if it is high alot less places to ride.  But if you were interested, I would call to see if you can still ride the overflow.  There are also some trails w/in the campground.  www.peacerivercampground.com. There is also a link on their web-site to check the river levels, but like I said, been long time since we have been there.


Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Shotgun

You can't ride out of the campground anymore.

cheropride

That would figure, take away a good thing.  The overflow was a good place to ride, wasn't that big, but it was fun... Thanks for update....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Cory1020

not much for trails mainly mudholes. l-cross.com has alot of info. dirtbikes, wouldnt want to take a dirtbike there, might not even be allowed, check the site. and the family event is every third weekend of the month. adult weekends (18 and over) are when ever they plan them.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Shotgun

L-Cross is a blast for shure!

kawGIRL

Quote from: Shotgun on July 24, 2006, 01:27:06 AM
You can't ride out of the campground anymore.
Yeah we used to go there it was a nice quite place in the off season.  After Hurricane Charley we went there and help clean-up with our bikes for the Red-Cross.
I think if you go in the "OFF " season they don't care if you are not an A S S  ;)

http://community.webshots.com/album/77906710MrXVOp
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Shotgun

The police said no more riding out there, so the campground owners said you had to stay in the campground. The last time we were there they were very unfriendly towards people with ATV's so we stopped going and started going to L-cross.

FORD4X4GIRL

Quote from: Shotgun on July 24, 2006, 01:44:02 AM
L-Cross is a blast for shure!

I wouldn't exactly say it's a blast...Had some good times at L-Cross, but alot of problems there. ( Trucks getting broken into ( problem that happens often from what others tell me) and Traffic is a big issue there also). The major problems with L-Cross is that it gets waaaayyyyy over crowded & drunks on atv's & buggys is just dangerous. If you have children riding with you I say no to L-Cross. Can't even tell you how many times we almost got hit the last time we were there. The other problem with L-Cross is that it is expensive compaired to some of the other events. If you are in the Broward/Palm Beach Area, I reccomend Holeylands WMA over L-Cross.... But thats just my opinion...
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

cheropride

Agreed on that regarding kids, I went there once w/my 7 year old, thought I was going to have a heart-attack or have to kill someone.  I heard that they have put a place just for kids, but it does get really crowed. 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

FORD4X4GIRL

Quote from: cheropride on August 01, 2006, 07:05:41 PM
Agreed on that regarding kids, I went there once w/my 7 year old, thought I was going to have a heart-attack or have to kill someone.  I heard that they have put a place just for kids, but it does get really crowed. 


The place that they do have for the kids is a very tiny section with no mud hole though..... I took my friends 14 yr old daughter & I wanted to kill someone with all the things she saw on a "Family" weekend .....
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

Shotgun

#13
All VERY good points. I am just happy to have a place to ride. I used to ride the Yucapan every week. Now I ride maybe 8 times a year at L-cross. (I decided to edit my own remarks to protect us all)

sbripple

I never had a problem at L-cross.Just wish they had better wash down area.Also the concerts are a joke.Lousy sound sytems .The mud holes are a blast and I dont think small kids belong anywhere near there.People that bring small kids are really askin for trouble.I am glad mine are grown.A lot of youngsters drinkin ,but it isnt condoned,just hard to enforce.

backwoods boy

if your lookin for a good mud bog w/o drunks go to www.oceanpond.net
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

sbripple


yunt2ride

Quote from: muddy buddy on August 16, 2006, 12:54:37 AM
if your lookin for a good mud bog w/o drunks go to www.oceanpond.net


MuddyBuddy, It has its share of people drinking also. My cousin said this past months event was dry. I would not drive 100's of miles for this event until it rains some up here.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Keeter

I went to L-cross last month and had a great time. I am still torn between what I enjoyed the most. The 30 something year old monther with her 9 year old girl on the front right and her 7 year old little girl on the front left of their honda Rancher hitting bumps and weaving in and out of the trucks. Or, oo oo oo  the 14 year old girl with a beer in each hand dirty dancing on tool box in the back of a two-wheel drive Dodge and then here is the clincher, two 50 year old Dumb A.. drunk idiots screaming at the girl, and oh yeah her 14 year old friend next to her with a beer in her hand, to take her top off.  Yeah, good times! NOT! This is not a Family Place. Family weekend or not. IMHO
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

sbripple

keeter  yes there is underage drinking.They have a real tough time enforcing underage drinking rules just like in the real world.You need to find a church camp to ride in if you think you cant overlook the drunk kiddies and idiots,they are everywhere.I never had a problem.Would not take young kids there.

qt314nfla

#20
The Pierces do their best to make it a good environment on family weekends.  The 'beads game' use to be an every event thing.  They put a stop to that stating that no one is allowed to even have beads on family weekends as an effort to stop the nudity.  They offer adult weekends for those adults that wish to participate in that type of scenery.

They do not condone under age drinking and I have seen on many occasions staff carding questionable drinkers.  I have seen them take all the beer out of coolers of under age people entering the event.  Nothing is fool proof though.  If caught drinking under age they will throw the persons out of the park and if they are with their family they will remove the entire family.

Is it the family giving these kids beer though?  Sometimes they do I'm sure.  More often though it's guys giving the girls beer to see what they will do.  And giving the younger guys beer as a right of passage.  I do not give drinks to anyone that I do not know personally and don't offer it to under age kids.  Some of these kids are lying about their age some steal it from unattended coolers.  Or they go out their w/ older siblings and friends.  This all leading to unsupervised minors.

The Pierces can only do so much and they try their best to prevent this.  I don't have children so I have no issues w/ having them out there.  If I did have kids I would probably not let them ride w/o me w/ them.  Best thing to do is if you see something that is not right get security (remember the person and vehicle), they do a good job at handling situations when they know about them.

cheropride

Quote from: sbripple on August 17, 2006, 11:49:27 PM
keeter  yes there is underage drinking.They have a real tough time enforcing underage drinking rules just like in the real world.You need to find a church camp to ride in if you think you cant overlook the drunk kiddies and idiots,they are everywhere.I never had a problem.Would not take young kids there.

Not to disagree, but why must you respond w/a comment like "find a church camp".  I too have a kid, and I too tried the l-cross thing and I too was not impressed at all.  I really feel that l-cross should be strickly 18 and over, it's like the woodstock of ATV's/4 Wheel Drives.  It is NO place for kids.  Am I saying it is the Pearce's fault, no.  But if you not going to have the rules and/or enough people to enforce the rules, you need to get the kids out of there.  I am sure alot of you are under 18, but sorry when you get older you will see things differently, especially once you have your own kids. 

The place is just way to out of control w/kids.  Especially younger ones.  I really feel, someone is going to get killed out there and more than likely it will be a kid.  Kid's can't really distinguish immediate danger, because they are too caught up in the moment.  As for it being the parents fault for underage drinking and stupidy - FOR SURE!!!  You know, you have to a driver license to drive a car, with some of the parents that I see, I think you should have to have a license to have a kid. 

Anyone with KIDS - L-CROSS IS NOT THE PLACE!!!  That's just the bottom line.  It's a disaster waiting to happen.  The one time I went there, was a bunch of hoes, running around in the mud with 1/2 suits off, you know what take that crap somewhere else.  But if it where a strickly 18 over place, then you know what blows your shirt up, as they say.

They should rename it to RedNeck Woodstock, cause that's exactly what it is.

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

yunt2ride

What we people need to remember here is on family weekends there is obviously gonna be a larger group out there, especially when you have the same adult group but now they have their kids with them also, so that being said, you will have twice as many people running around out there except now a lot of them are kids. I have been there many times and can never say that I have seen anyone under age drinking. If you ever see someone then you need to let security know instead of bash the Pierces on here. I have let Mark and Patty know several times when things were not right and they always get someone to take care of the issues. Now the real question is, have I ever taken my kids there knowing how it is. Why yes I have but they are always like a duckling following there mother because I do not let them ride out by themselves. I watch them like a hawk. Now do I plan on taking them back, probably not but not because of the drinking but because there is to many people out there on those weekends, plus I had rather go to the adult events so I can have fun myself instead of have to watch the kids.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

sbripple

chero it wasnt everyone it was me,and you just restated my comments.Lets see how many diferent ways we can say young drunks are a problem at l-cross,and dont take yer kids.

fire20

I am posting because I go to the adult events and have a good time, I also have 6 kids
2- 5y/o twins  1-9y/o   1-11y/o  1-13y/o   1-15y/o I have taken them to the family event and never had a problem but I do watch them VERY CLOSE and wheelers are parked at dark and kids stay at camp till morning. They all help watch out for each other and know what is right and what is wrong. I will continue to take them why should they be punished for what Might happen. we all have a good time. I think if parents are responsible for themselves and thier children all will be ok. You hear alot of accidents of children getting hurt or killed when there is no one around and no drinking involved. There are irrisponsible drivers anywhere you go not just L-Cross. 
Dave