Night Rides???

Started by 1FasterBlaster, July 09, 2006, 12:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

Is there anywhere in N.Florida where we can get together and ride at night? Is there anyone else here that likes riding at night? Please let me know.

klutchbuster400

Riding at night is a freaking blast if you do it at the right place!
I did it at river ranch, That was an experience in itself for me, being my first night ride in a huge forest lol.
If ya'll start a night group ride, let me know, I'll see if dad has time off to do some riding!

Ida_Mann

when night riding was legal in ONF I used to go,,,,talk about fun.

even after riding there for years,,,suddenly at night the familiar becomes unfamiliar and you get lost easily,,,,,can be scary but fun at the same time.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Ida_Mann on July 09, 2006, 08:33:37 PM
when night riding was legal in ONF I used to go,,,,talk about fun.

even after riding there for years,,,suddenly at night the familiar becomes unfamiliar and you get lost easily,,,,,can be scary but fun at the same time.

Id@

I agree. The best is stopping in the middle of the woods and everyone shutting down their machines. Talk about dark!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

qt314nfla

That's what I was thinking dead silence except for the cracking and popping sound of opening a beverage..... ;D

klutchbuster400

Quote from: QT314 on July 09, 2006, 09:55:41 PM
That's what I was thinking dead silence except for the cracking and popping sound of opening a beverage..... ;D
Mmmmmmm, you just inspired me to go get some coke.

susieblazer



  YEAH THATS ANOTHER REASON TO LOOK OUT FOR THE GUY BEHIND U AND TAKE A HEAD COUNT WHEN U START TAKE BREAKS... AND END THE RIDE, CASE IN POINT.......1984 NIGHT RIDE IN ONF 1a.m. ( BUGGY CLUB ) THE KID IN FRONT OF US FAILED TO WAIT AT A TURN AND WE WENT PAST..........WE DOUBLED BACK BUT NOBODY AROUND..........WAITED FOR AN HOUR....NOBODY CAME BACK..............AND YES VERY DARK WHEN WAITING WITH OUR 4 YEAR OLD.........WE DECIDED TO MAKE OUR WAY TO A FAMILIAR SPOT TO GET BACK TO THE CAMPGROUND................SO WE MADE IT TO SR42 AND BACK TO CAMP......AT BREAKFAST WORD GOT AROUND THAT HOSS400 ....WAS P.O'D AND APPOLOGIES WERE MADE..NEVER BY THE LITTLE %#* THAT LOST US...............SOOOOOOOOOOO WATCH OUT FOR EVERYONE............HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE............
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

rubicon500kid

i love night riding its awsome
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

1FasterBlaster

The first time Hoss400 and SusieBlazer took us to Ocala, we went in search of Big Scrub on our own.We got lost and ended up in the forest at night.It was the most awsome riding.We totally forgot we were lost and just rode.
We eventually made it back to camp at 11:30PM. I really think we need to organize more night rides. I think more people would show up for that than regular riding.If anyone has any idea's, let me know.

Joedirt

When we  go riding  , we ride during the day just to pass the time until it is time to night ride..LOL
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

MachineDog

Night rides are awesome, got to watch the trail though so you don't get hit or get lost. I'd recommend especially in a night ride to bring a GPS.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

MadMudder

OMG, we get lost in the middle of the day with a gps and everything.. Imagine where we would be if it was at night. Might wind up in colorado or something 8) Na, that would be cool but youre not supposted to ride in ocalla at night but theres lots of things your not supposted to do there but you do anyway...
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

backinsaddle

If you haven't gone night riding...you don't know what you're missing...it's just you, the darkness, and a small patch of light in front of you...I highly recommend if you get the opportunity to go, to take it.

anyone who's a snowmobiler know's what night riding's about...as it's dark every day by the time you get home from work.

tony pitts

This is the wife here... Got to tell you my story of night riding in the ONF.  I should tell you that my sense of direction in the daytime really sucks, so nighttime is out of the question....  Me, my son (around 12 at the time), the hubby and a few of his buddies go night riding.  We were deep in the woods on an almost moonless night. I get mad at hubby for yelling at our kid and pop off at him in front of his friends.  A short time later, me and the kid wind up completely alone (we missed a turn somewhere).  We had to wait in the dark woods, all alone, hearing every little noise for about 30-45 minutes before someone came back and found us (luckily it wasn't a bear).  To this day, hubby swears it wasn't on purpose, but I wonder......
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

AintSkeered

It wasn't on purpose. You had the kids with you. LOL  :)
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

jayman

I have never done a night ride.  I would have to be REAL familar with area before I would even attempt.  But it sure sounds like a lot of fun
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

ScooterB

Night rides are the BEST! 

U just got to know the trail or have a good "tour guide"
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

susieblazer


  Night rides are a blast.......and the familiar becomes the unfamiliar..even after 26 years of traveling on them day and nights............ :drive.gif
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com