Hunting Poll - For or Against

Started by fastrnrik, July 06, 2006, 06:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are You For Or Against Hunting?

For Hunting
43 (74.1%)
Against Hunting
5 (8.6%)
Don't Care
10 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

fastrnrik

 :pig.gif I have started this poll to see peoples opinions on hunting, as a lot of policies and laws that affect hunting also directly affect ATV riders, and vice versa. I noticed in the "God" thread, that hunting and animal rights came into the discussion, so rather than hi-jack the holy thread, I started a new one. This poll covers no particular type of hunting, just hunting in general. Let me know your thoughts.

wilburz

If its brown its going down!

I like to group the anti-hunters with the tree huggers. They both just like to whine alot and blow smoke up peoples arses.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Anoriginal

My life basically revolves around hunting.

Ida_Mann

grew up with hunters,,,,personally am not patient enough and would rather sit in a tree stand to get a really good picture of a deer instead of a really good chili,,,but that's just my thoughts.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Paul_S

Quote from: fastrnrik on July 06, 2006, 06:38:38 AM
:pig.gif I have started this poll to see peoples opinions on hunting
Hey blastrnirik do you honestly think that this site is the best place to get a balanced answer to this poll? - A southern based website that is focussed on the outdoors.

Posting it here, is one step above running this poll in field and stream. The results are going to be predictable.

Perhaps you are having some doubts that sitting in a tree all day waiting to blast a deers head off is not as manly as you want to think it is. This forum is probably the best place to reassure you though.

fastrnrik

  Hey Paul_S, how are you today my old friend. Yes, I feel it is a fine place to get a balanced answer. I am not looking for a national average, as those statistics are readily available from any national Hunting or Anti-Hunting organization. (Although, keep in mind, each group "massages" these figures to meet their own agendas). I was just curious after our last exchange of opinions what the feeling was amongst the other people on this site.
  I don't think the results will be predictable, as I was pretty surprised by the resulting discussions from the "God" thread, and the "Homosexuals at the Ford Dealer" thread. I think it is a generalization to think that because we ride ATV's and live in the south, that everybody on here is a hunter. Heck the majority of the people in this state are not southern at all, as they are transplants from up north. Just read the thread from a few weeks ago about where everyone is from.
I have no doubts about my beliefs in hunting. And you should know that there is more to hunting than "sitting in a tree waiting to blast a deers head off". How about trying to call in a Wild Turkey or a flock of Ducks? Or, better yet come on to Ocala and we'll take 5 or 6 Catahoula Leopard Hounds out and catch, alive, a 300 to 400 pound Wild Boar Hog.  :pig.gif  I'll even let you pet it. LOL.
  I see that you are trying to provoke me by questioning my "manliness", and my need to "reassure" it. Really, all it does, is make me laugh. If you really want to question "what I'm made of", ride on over to Ocala, and I'll be happy to show you. I'll even buy the cold beverages.       

Scramdaddy

I personally dont hunt. I dont mind that others do hunt.  I am niether for or against. I do avoid hunting area's during hunting season when I ride if that means anything.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

wilburz

Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 10:27:27 AM
Quote from: fastrnrik on July 06, 2006, 06:38:38 AM
:pig.gif I have started this poll to see peoples opinions on hunting
Hey blastrnirik do you honestly think that this site is the best place to get a balanced answer to this poll? - A southern based website that is focussed on the outdoors.

Posting it here, is one step above running this poll in field and stream. The results are going to be predictable.

Perhaps you are having some doubts that sitting in a tree all day waiting to blast a deers head off is not as manly as you want to think it is. This forum is probably the best place to reassure you though.

Finally Paul-S is here. There are anti-hunters on this site just like yourself. You are apparently uneducated about the ways of preserving wildlife. I won't try to explain it to a pathetic tree hugger like yourself. or maybe you are one of those bird watchers? You probably like to sit out in a flower bed in your banana hammock and watch hummingbirds fly dont you? Or maybe you like to sit around and watch the View with your fellow antis? Your a dork!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

wilburz

Oh yah, and I would much rather drive around in a buggie while drinking excesively until a little doe runs out in front and I can run it over. Saves the earth from getting lead poisoning!
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Paul_S

Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 12:03:30 PM
"pathetic tree hugger like yourself".  - "Your a dork!" ??
You don't know nothing about me, d*ckwad. Are you one of those tough guy typers?

Someone has a different upbringing than you then they are pathetic, or a dork. You should really be more careful about what you type, and who you are typing it to, I am neither of those things and one day you may have to back up your comments tough guy.

561rincon

im for hunting not for hunting down an alligator,snake, or any other creature just because you built your house on their habitat and it ate you or your lil dog. if you dont like or feel safe around wildlife move back to NY!!!!!!!!!! >:(
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

Paul_S

Quote from: fastrnrik on July 06, 2006, 11:39:57 AM
  Hey Paul_S, how are you today my old friend. Yes, I feel it is a fine place to get a balanced answer. I am not looking for a national average, as those statistics are readily available from any national Hunting or Anti-Hunting organization. (Although, keep in mind, each group "massages" these figures to meet their own agendas). I was just curious after our last exchange of opinions what the feeling was amongst the other people on this site.
  I don't think the results will be predictable, as I was pretty surprised by the resulting discussions from the "God" thread, and the "Homosexuals at the Ford Dealer" thread. I think it is a generalization to think that because we ride ATV's and live in the south, that everybody on here is a hunter. Heck the majority of the people in this state are not southern at all, as they are transplants from up north. Just read the thread from a few weeks ago about where everyone is from.
I have no doubts about my beliefs in hunting. And you should know that there is more to hunting than "sitting in a tree waiting to blast a deers head off". How about trying to call in a Wild Turkey or a flock of Ducks? Or, better yet come on to Ocala and we'll take 5 or 6 Catahoula Leopard Hounds out and catch, alive, a 300 to 400 pound Wild Boar Hog.  :pig.gif  I'll even let you pet it. LOL.
  I see that you are trying to provoke me by questioning my "manliness", and my need to "reassure" it. Really, all it does, is make me laugh. If you really want to question "what I'm made of", ride on over to Ocala, and I'll be happy to show you. I'll even buy the cold beverages.       
Hey blastrnirik, I am sure you are not gay, I do feel hunting is though, but thats just my opinion, I am sure the inbreds get mad if someone has an opinion different from their's, but I don't categorize you with them.

Would share a beer with you anytime, let you know if we get down there anytime soon. Offer is open to you if you come up to the Osceola forest - or anywhere in N. Fl. to ride.


Old_School

I don't care if someone hunts as long as they eat whatever they kill. I think it's stupid to kill a nice 10 point only to stick it on a fuggin wall.  :-\
What a waste.

-Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

wilburz

Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 12:03:30 PM
"pathetic tree hugger like yourself".  - "Your a dork!" ??
You don't know nothing about me, d*ckwad. Are you one of those tough guy typers?

Someone has a different upbringing than you then they are pathetic, or a dork. You should really be more careful about what you type, and who you are typing it to, I am neither of those things and one day you may have to back up your comments tough guy.

You said you don't think it is too manly to sit in a tree and blow a deers head off, did'nt you? I know that about you. Thats enough for me. Sound like you are the anti hunter type. That is what all punk-arsed anti hunters think, that hunters just sit around waiting to blow somethings head off. Sorry I called you a dork. Maybe that was a little strong. Also sounds like you are the tough guy, with all that tough guy talk. I am also carefull about what I type. So your words are not at all frightening me.  I also have mad skills with a bow-staff!  
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Paul_S

Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 12:03:30 PM
"pathetic tree hugger like yourself".  - "Your a dork!" ??
You don't know nothing about me, d*ckwad. Are you one of those tough guy typers?

Someone has a different upbringing than you then they are pathetic, or a dork. You should really be more careful about what you type, and who you are typing it to, I am neither of those things and one day you may have to back up your comments tough guy.

You said you don't think it is too manly to sit in a tree and blow a deers head off, did'nt you? I know that about you. Thats enough for me. Sound like you are the anti hunter type. That is what all punk-arsed anti hunters think, that hunters just sit around waiting to blow somethings head off. Sorry I called you a dork. Maybe that was a little strong. Also sounds like you are the tough guy, with all that tough guy talk. I am also carefull about what I type. So your words are not at all frightening me.  I also have mad skills with a bow-staff!  
Not trying to frighten anyone. You call me names I am not going to just let it go.

Just to clear this up, if you don't like hunting, you are a punk-arsed anti-hunter?

Also please keep your staff away from me,  I know what you hunters like to do with your "bow" staffs.

MadMudder

Wow, you guys are really having it out. But as for me I dont give a rats a** about shooting something. But im not aginst it either. I know hunting is just as important to them as fourwheeling or fishing is to me. I just dont have the heart to shoot a deer walking through the woods. Now if my family was going hungary and bambi happen to cross the stream infront of me then it would be a different story. But i do have something to say about your argument, Paul, not everyone from the south is a backwards inbred moron that thinks that there way is always right. Although there are some that are like that, the majority of us aren't. So dont come down here and start pointing fingers and calling names cause we got pleny of names to call you if you want it that way.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

wilburz

Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 01:53:30 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 12:03:30 PM
"pathetic tree hugger like yourself".  - "Your a dork!" ??
You don't know nothing about me, d*ckwad. Are you one of those tough guy typers?

Someone has a different upbringing than you then they are pathetic, or a dork. You should really be more careful about what you type, and who you are typing it to, I am neither of those things and one day you may have to back up your comments tough guy.

You said you don't think it is too manly to sit in a tree and blow a deers head off, did'nt you? I know that about you. Thats enough for me. Sound like you are the anti hunter type. That is what all punk-arsed anti hunters think, that hunters just sit around waiting to blow somethings head off. Sorry I called you a dork. Maybe that was a little strong. Also sounds like you are the tough guy, with all that tough guy talk. I am also carefull about what I type. So your words are not at all frightening me.  I also have mad skills with a bow-staff!  
Not trying to frighten anyone. You call me names I am not going to just let it go.

Just to clear this up, if you don't like hunting, you are a punk-arsed anti-hunter?

Also please keep your staff away from me,  I know what you hunters like to do with your "bow" staffs.

Alright. So to clear this up - You are against hunting right? Even with the rules and regulations set forth by the state of Florida? Do you eat beef? Ever seen how a slaughter house is run?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Paul_S

Quote from: MadMudder on July 06, 2006, 02:06:30 PM
Wow, you guys are really having it out. But as for me I dont give a rats a** about shooting something. But im not aginst it either. I know hunting is just as important to them as fourwheeling or fishing is to me. I just dont have the heart to shoot a deer walking through the woods. Now if my family was going hungary and bambi happen to cross the stream infront of me then it would be a different story. But i do have something to say about your argument, Paul, not everyone from the south is a backwards inbred moron that thinks that there way is always right. Although there are some that are like that, the majority of us aren't. So dont come down here and start pointing fingers and calling names cause we got pleny of names to call you if you want it that way.
Wow this is why people don't post very much on this site opposed to how much they read.

"So dont come down here and start pointing fingers and calling names cause we got pleny of names to call you if you want it that way."

Let's see...... "I won't try to explain it to a pathetic tree hugger like yourself. or maybe you are one of those bird watchers? You probably like to sit out in a flower bed in your banana hammock and watch hummingbirds fly dont you? Or maybe you like to sit around and watch the View with your fellow antis? Your a dork!"     or    "Sound like you are the anti hunter type. That is what all punk-arsed anti hunters think"

Do you really think those comments are fine but mine are not?  I guess that is ok, or he can say anything but I can't retaliate? Not in my world.

FYI I don't think everyone in the South is an inbred moron, but they certainly exist and someone insulting me like that because I have a different opinion from him certainly would fit the profile. I have lived in Fl for 20 years and know and are friends with plenty of Southerners.

eldiablo64

yeah huntin is cool.used to hunt wild hogs all the time but haven't been in years.I think huntin with dogs is for sissies.get out there and hunt if your gonna don't sit around waitin for a dog to chase somethin towards you.IMO
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 02:12:52 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 01:53:30 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on July 06, 2006, 01:03:17 PM
Quote from: wilburz on July 06, 2006, 12:03:30 PM
"pathetic tree hugger like yourself".  - "Your a dork!" ??
You don't know nothing about me, d*ckwad. Are you one of those tough guy typers?

Someone has a different upbringing than you then they are pathetic, or a dork. You should really be more careful about what you type, and who you are typing it to, I am neither of those things and one day you may have to back up your comments tough guy.

You said you don't think it is too manly to sit in a tree and blow a deers head off, did'nt you? I know that about you. Thats enough for me. Sound like you are the anti hunter type. That is what all punk-arsed anti hunters think, that hunters just sit around waiting to blow somethings head off. Sorry I called you a dork. Maybe that was a little strong. Also sounds like you are the tough guy, with all that tough guy talk. I am also carefull about what I type. So your words are not at all frightening me.  I also have mad skills with a bow-staff!  
Not trying to frighten anyone. You call me names I am not going to just let it go.

Just to clear this up, if you don't like hunting, you are a punk-arsed anti-hunter?

Also please keep your staff away from me,  I know what you hunters like to do with your "bow" staffs.

Alright. So to clear this up - You are against hunting right? Even with the rules and regulations set forth by the state of Florida? Do you eat beef? Ever seen how a slaughter house is run?
You would have to better define against hunting.  I like animals so I would never go out of my way to kill one for fun. I think it is barbaric. If you enjoy it though - good luck to you.  Don't expect my approval though.

Do I like eating beef though - hell yeah.

If that sounds hypocritical to you, so be it, I am 44 years old and I really don't care what you think.

FishaHallic

I don't hunt and never will but like someone else said as long as you eat what you kill and do it legally I don't have a problem with it. 

Dr.Dirt

If you eat what you kill go ahead. I myself would hunt if given the oppurtunity. It's a chance to get back to your roots and just like riding quads, can be a family activity.

fastrnrik

"Can't we just all get along?" :'( :'( :'( LOL
Alright, everybody settle down. I didn't start this little discussion on an open forum to create "friction" and have everybody wanting to talk s#@t and fight. Everybody's entitled to their own personal opinion, and that's what I'm looking for, either way, for or against. I was really hoping one the hardcore envro's would answer because they are particularly fun to get riled up >:D. Iknow, because my sister in law is a super duper animal rights activist, PETA member, etc., and every chance I get, I get into it with her  :gh. Also, where are the Christian guys from the "GOD" thread who were saying that hunting is sinful? I would like some more info on that train of thought, and they seemed more than willing to discuss...

P.S.- I don't know what kind of hogs you hunted diablo, but I've personally seen a 500 pound Boar kill 8 bad azz, Catahoula Leopards and Pitbulls in one fight. He then knocked one man down and mauled him SEVERELY, and cut/bit all the fingers off of another mans right hand. He then charged the truck and punched several holes in the sheet metal with his cutters, which were 5" long, before he was finally shot. No sissy hunting here. The hogs we hunt don't "run torwards you". They run to a spot that they like, and then turn to fight, which is where we go in to catch them - alive. All of this is usually at night. Definately not for sissies.  ;)    

eldiablo64

the dog thing was more for deer hunting,I know those hogs are bad azz .I saw a car that got totaled by one that t-boned it running across the road.luckily we never encountered any that big in the woods
TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  [url="//floridamotoplex.com"]FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: fastrnrik on July 06, 2006, 05:30:23 PM
"Can't we just all get along?" :'( :'( :'( LOL
Alright, everybody settle down. I didn't start this little discussion on an open forum to create "friction" and have everybody wanting to talk s#@t and fight.     
Don't expect to much open discussion, seems like on this forum you disagree with the bully's and you get jumped on. Can't imagine most people having the time or inclination to put up with the abuse.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com