z400,kfx,dvx the good things and the bad things

Started by WOODY_450r, July 02, 2006, 12:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WOODY_450r

is there any thing wrong with the 400's? i heard the frame was weak on the 03's?   is there anything else? and also what do you like about your 400's
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!


JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4

klutchbuster400

Quote from: WOODY_450r on July 02, 2006, 12:54:40 AM
is there any thing wrong with the 400's? i heard the frame was weak on the 03's?   is there anything else? and also what do you like about your 400's
Now im curios, why do you want to know about 400's?

Any who, the 03's have weak frames, but i havent had ANY  problems with mines, 04 is perfect it think, 05- 06 has clutch cover problems.
I LOVE my z, I think it will last me a very long time before i upgrade.

kenz

I have an '06 Z400.  I love it.  It does have the corrosion issue with the magnesium clutch cover, but Suzuki has finally come around and issued a recall and they are replacing the covers. 

The suspension and handling are good.  The frame is improved over the '03 model.  I put a DMC Quiet exhaust on mine and got the jetting dialed in.  It made noticable improvement over stock.  Much better throttle response and more power throughout.  This may cause a debate, but if you are considering the 400s the best and cheapest mod you can do to the Z400 and it's clones is change the stock gearing for better performance on the trails(or track).  Replace the 14, 40 sprockets to 13,41.  It makes it much more responsive, you'll really be able to whip it through berms and tight turns. 

Overall the bike is a blast to ride and with good maintenance it should last a long time.  It will be a long time before I get tired of it.  Besides, there are plenty of mods out there for it so you can always improve the bike as your skills and quest for speed and power increase.
2008 YFZ450
FTR 30+ #34B
Sarasota Area Quad Riders

kfx400rob

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on July 02, 2006, 01:15:19 AM

Now im curios, why do you want to know about 400's?

Any who, the 03's have weak frames, but i havent had ANY  problems with mines, 04 is perfect it think, 05- 06 has clutch cover problems.
I LOVE my z, I think it will last me a very long time before i upgrade.

the only problem is the suspension sucks realy bad on the 04 and down and the 03 has the crapy grab bar as part of the sub frame wich is lame. i just got my leter from suzuki for my free clutch cover so now there realy isnt any downside to the 05 and 06

EDIT: oops this is kawasaki400racer
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com