Main Menu

winch help

Started by honda guy250, June 19, 2006, 01:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honda guy250

my friend and i both own a 2006 kymco 300, which weighs approximately 600 lbs, he recently bought a 2000 lb. winch for it, which i have also decided to invest in. well today we had the opportunity to test his out when he got stuck. now i understand there is a stall rating and a maximum rating but his winch would not pull him out, even when he tried to drive while winching it still wouldnt pull it out. he doestnt have a fairlead on it, would that make the winch that inneffective. i decided to go ahead and purchase a 3000 lb unit and i will be using a fairlead, should that work for me. any help would be greatly appreciated.

yunt2ride

I would think that would be fine if you have a good winch. I have a warn 2500 on my polaris and it is strong but I am probably gonna step up to a 3500. Remember that your cable will still get wrapped up even with a fairlead but you do need one. I always unreal mine after I go playing and real it in correctly.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

shortcut

If you ad a snatch block you'll double the capacity of the winch.
Is this all there is ?

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]