Ocala Thunderbowl Gearing help.....

Started by Skully, June 20, 2006, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skully

Hiya Guys,
Anybody want to share a good starting point for a big-bore 250R with 60" rear tires at Ocala? I'm guessing Ya'll run in 6th gear on the 1/4 mile...... Yes, No?

Thanks for any help, and if you don't want to share these all important, double secret, I could tell you...But then I'd have to kill Ya race setups........ I understand!

And do they still have practice for quads on Friday nights?
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

derek330

sorry bro i dont think anyone is going to tell you.. :(  me and scott have the only fast 250r's and if we told you our gearing then we would have to kill you!! lol :o
i will pm you with a little tip.....
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: derek330 on June 20, 2006, 02:30:20 PM
sorry bro i dont think anyone is going to tell you.. :(  me and scott have the only fast 250r's and if we told you our gearing then we would have to kill you!! lol :o
i will pm you with a little tip.....

WTF!!!  THANKS DEREK! THE ONLY FAST 250R'S!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Quad32x

HaHa. 2:L

[attachment deleted by admin]
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

derek330

#4
hey sorry man i was just sayin.. you aint won the pro class yet......  you R is fast just not as fast as mine!!  :o  just teasin'........  i know your R is on its way up!!  you just got some major tuning issues.
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Skully

QuoteHaHa.

Tim, Tim, Tim...... And to think that I was going to ask you to ride the Hybrid !!  Is that anyway to treat another FBR? ;D
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

Quad32x

Quote from: Skully on June 20, 2006, 05:48:17 PM
QuoteHaHa.

Tim, Tim, Tim...... And to think that I was going to ask you to ride the Hybrid !!  Is that anyway to treat another FBR? ;D
You  should  see  how  he  picks  on  me ! :'(  The  big  bully. :o 2:L

[attachment deleted by admin]
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

Scott270r

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

Hoosier Daddy

#8
Quote from: derek330 on June 20, 2006, 03:42:11 PM
hey sorry man i was just sayin.. you aint won the pro class yet......  you R is fast just not as fast as mine!!  :o  just teasin'........  i know your R is on its way up!!  you just got some major tuning issues.

Actually, I have about 10 open class wins.. Remember you have only raced with us for a few months.. why are we calling it the pro class now? were not getting paid...
Ive been between bikes for the past few months... why do you think dave went with my old motor set up?
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

derek330

sorry man (open class). no we are not getting paid but it is the highest class at ocala.... so it should be the pro class... i guess- 
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

Its the pro class because that's what Ocala management calls it, we always called it the open class...open to run what you brung.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Hoosier Daddy

well, tell them they need to pony up the $$$ then...  ;) since its "Pro"
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

derek330

i'm down with winning some cash.................. :o
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

HillKiller

  Hey Skully,
When are you bringing that R and Predator to Ocala?
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Skully

I'm waiting on reeds for the LT250/500 hybrid, they should be here any day now.Both R's are ready, and I'm still mad at the Pred ever since it threw me into the wall at Dade City! ;D

Anyway.... Looks like 2-3 weeks before I can make it.

And do they still practice on Fridays at Ocala?
[url="http://www.skullymotorsports.com/"]http://www.skullymotorsports.com/[/url]

Scott270r

Skully,

That LT250/500 should be awesome. Let me know if you are looking for a rider for it if Tim doesn't want to. I still am in between bikes with nothing to ride.  :'(
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

HillKiller

Quote from: Skully on June 21, 2006, 12:00:02 PM
I'm waiting on reeds for the LT250/500 hybrid, they should be here any day now.Both R's are ready, and I'm still mad at the Pred ever since it threw me into the wall at Dade City! ;D

Anyway.... Looks like 2-3 weeks before I can make it.

And do they still practice on Fridays at Ocala?
No practice at Ocala Friday nights. Last I heard they are running carts on Fridays and open practice is Weds. I would say just go to DC on Thursdays but the tracks are entirely different so I don't think you would learn much to help for Ocala. There is plenty of room at Ocala so you should'nt have any issues with the walls there! ;D
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com