What is the Ocala National Forest Association

Started by GrizzlyBear, June 14, 2006, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyBear

The ONFA is a non-profit that we are setting up to partner with the U.S. D.A Forest Service.  It is a result of the workshop in May of 2006 and our stated mission is to " Partner iwth the Forest Service to provide sustainable recreation in the Ocala National Forest. We have the blessing of ATVFLORIDA.com and Ida_mann is on the Board of Directors as there representative.

We have many goals, but first we must take small steps.  I am in the process of getting 501(c)3 approval now. This approval will allow us to raise funds and apply for grants to increase facilities and programs in th ONF.

We will need many volunteers.  Besides trail Rangers we will need people to help at trailheads, organize programs and rides and just about anything else a group can do.

We will be a major player in determining what will happen in the ONF in the furure.

As soon as we have the Board of Directors first meeting, we will be determining dues and looking for your help.  As you have questions, post them here and we will try to answer them.  Feel free to make any suggestions you wnat.  It is only through your input that we can know what is wanted and needed.

Terry

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on June 14, 2006, 03:29:12 PM
The ONFA is a non-profit that we are setting up to partner with the U.S. D.A Forest Service.  It is a result of the workshop in May of 2006 and our stated mission is to " Partner iwth the Forest Service to provide sustainable recreation in the Ocala National Forest. We have the blessing of ATVFLORIDA.com and Id@mann is on the Board of Directors as there representative.

We have many goals, but first we must take small steps.  I am in the process of getting 501(c)3 approval now. This approval will allow us to raise funds and apply for grants to increase facilities and programs in th ONF.

We will need many volunteers.  Besides trail Rangers we will need people to help at trailheads, organize programs and rides and just about anything else a group can do.

We will be a major player in determining what will happen in the ONF in the furure.

As soon as we have the Board of Directors first meeting, we will be determining dues and looking for your help.  As you have questions, post them here and we will try to answer them.  Feel free to make any suggestions you wnat.  It is only through your input that we can know what is wanted and needed.

Terry



Sounds great Terry, glad to see someone being proactive about our riding spots and the future of the sport :Clap.gif

indianjoe

Way to go Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great Idea :) :) :) :)

duroc825

Sounds great keep up the great work and let us know how and when we can help. I would love to help out when things get organized and hope others do too. I believe this is a very good direction for riders of the forest to go so we don't have to depend on grandma and grandpa types that already volunteer with the Forest Service. No offense to them it's just better if actual riders get invloved in taking care of things and it should help in our voices being heard.

bmd11

Thank you in advance for your contributions and hard work! I'm sure everyone that uses ONF will appreciate the benefits of your labor.
'92 LT250R #11- Sold * * * '96 LT80 #24- For sale * * * '87 LT80 #16- For sale

MachineDog

This is great! Nice to see finally someone can do something about the riding problem. Good job.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

1Scorpion

I have a very busy schedule but I really want to help out when I can! I don't get to the site very often but I'll keep checking in. Let's Gitter Done !  I wanna ride.

stacktester

Terry, I think this is great and it will work. What I'm afraid of is keeping people interested. For example if somebody quits riding at ONF for a while or whatever will we be able to keep enough volunteers involved. Most people who will volunteer don't live close to ONF. I was thinking along the line of if you ride 1 day and volunteer 1 day you would get free campsite at Delancy or Big Scrub. Have they put any water @ Delancy West as of yet? That is a nice place, but they need water bad.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

GrizzlyBear

No water yet, but this is a good idea.  Keep them coming.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

dreadhed

When you need some volunteers let me know.  I don't live to far & would be willing to help out.  I may not be able to do it every weekend, but some sort of schedule could be worked out. I would be more than happy to help w/ ONF.  Besides it gives me a reason to go to ONF.lol   Good luck with every thing.

logger

Partner iwth the Forest Service to provide sustainable recreation in the Ocala National Forest.

What does it mean to partner and what is sustainable recreation? What exactly is the partnership?

GrizzlyBear

Partnering means to work with the Forest Service, not against them, and sustainable means to provide recreation that will be able to be around for many years without destroying the Forest.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

1FasterBlaster

I think this will be the initiative that a lot of us riders have been waiting for.I don't see there being a problem at all finding volunteers, or losing the interest of anyone that rides. We all love O.N.F. and as long as there is dirt there...my interest is there.
  I think if you posted a fund raising ride to help O.N.F., there would be a lot of support from everyone.Hell, just from seeing a regular group ride organize, I wonder what we all would do if everyone new it meant possibly more riding priviliges.
  I'm there!!

logger

What is required to become a trail ranger??

GrizzlyBear

There is about 3 days training involved.  It starts with a 1 day ridealong to see if there are common interests (we like you, you like us).  Then there are 2 days of ATV certification and training.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

logger

How many people do you have for trail rangers? Can someone do this by themselves?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com