anyone know where to get a rancher top end rebuilt?

Started by Cory1020, June 13, 2006, 02:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory1020

My friend blew up his rancher. needs top end fixed. Starts but knocks really loud and bad. It was smoking for a while and burned all the oil out of it. In the fort myers area. Local dealer (sunsports) is extremly expensive to get work done to atvs. Trying to find a place that would be cheaper to get it fixed at. any help would be appreciated.
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Yamaha72

Sounds to me like he REALLY REALLY overheated the crap out of the thing, possibly warped it...... As for your problem every dealership is expensive, so if you have decent mechanical understanding go out and buy the shop manual ($50) and do it yourself, it will tell you step by step how to do it.... If you do not want to take that approach your SOL..... You gotta take it to someone, and to find a private, good quad mechanic is like a needle in a haystack, every where else (shops) are all expensive.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Cory1020

I thought about that but they don't have alot of time (they own land clearing buss.). I figured the rod was bent. I have the manual, I'll have them look at it to see if they want to do it. But it would quite a bit of work. They'll prob. end up spending the money and taking it to a shop. Thanks for the advice though
99 F-150 4x4
8" lift on 35x13.5 cooper sst

02 Rubicon
06 Rancher 4x4
01 Rancher 4x4
98 Fourtrax 2x4
06 Raptor 700
05 Rincon

Yamaha72

Quote from: hrancher350 on June 13, 2006, 03:31:19 AM
I thought about that but they don't have alot of time (they own land clearing buss.). I figured the rod was bent. I have the manual, I'll have them look at it to see if they want to do it. But it would quite a bit of work. They'll prob. end up spending the money and taking it to a shop. Thanks for the advice though

Not a problem, but if the rod was bent it wouldn't run.....
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

svtbolt04

Quote from: hrancher350 on June 13, 2006, 02:45:08 AM
My friend blew up his rancher. needs top end fixed. Starts but knocks really loud and bad. It was smoking for a while and burned all the oil out of it. In the fort myers area. Local dealer (sunsports) is extremly expensive to get work done to atvs. Trying to find a place that would be cheaper to get it fixed at. any help would be appreciated.

Cypress Cycle in naples does some decent work.

Either that or L.A. Cycles in lehigh.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.