Anyone know what happened Sunday at Scottsmoor?

Started by randyz, June 05, 2006, 09:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randyz

Saw the news last night and they had rescue guys going in on atv's and they landed the helicopter at the dry lake.  Hope whoever got hurt is going to be ok.  I wonder if they are going to shut it down now that someone got hurt?

mudman8024

I was going to ask the same question.  I was coming up 95 and saw a couple of ambulances and a sherriff as I was passing by.  I hate to say it but if someone got seriously hurt this is probably the end of riding at 5a.  At least on the BRevard county side.

FLCat

I was at 5A yesterday and nothing happened while I was there.  It must have been after I left.  Crap, I hope someone wasn't seriously hurt! 
I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin

Tripyn

I asked a friend who lives out there and they thought it was something to do with the boating accident out by there.  There were a lot of emergency personnel out there for that incident. 

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

FLCat

That wouldn't explain the rescue guys on atv's going in there.   There isn't any water out there for a boat to be on.  It's dry as a bone out there.
I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin

Tripyn

Not it wouldn't.  I am not sure what time it was but that boating accident happened not to far from that location. Some other people at work (who know I ride out there) were telling me about it today-said the watered down the dry lake before the chopper landed to keep the dust down.  I looked on-line and could not find any info about it.  We keep old papers around, I will see what I can find in there. 

randyz

Well my son and I are going riding tomorrow.  I'll let you know if its closed down.

randyz


fire20

If this helps a girl rolled her four wheeler down and injured her back and neck,so far she is going to be ok.Not heard of any plans to shut things down,alot of people ride there and really not many injuries for the amount of people that ride there.
Dave

gatorjohn


FLCat

Thanks for the update fire20.  I'm glad to hear she will be ok.  Do you know if she rolled off one of the ridges? 
I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin

fire20

Dave

gatorjohn

They can be tricky in spots, have to take your time in a few places.

Tripyn

Really sorry to hear that, those ridges can be very tricky and dangerous!

muddmxr

went out to 5a saturday before rabbit run everything was normal, rode all day,was very dry,any one know what happened at the river,heard cops,gamewarden was out giving tickets, got stuck in the river,couple guys pulled him out still gave them tickets,said the river is shut down.
700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman

Tripyn


muddmxr

sorry about that, the st. jons river went riding 2weeks ago rode from 524 and 95 to 46 and back. wanted to go ride this weekend thats when i heard about the cops giving tickets. i guess they call that area canaveral groves.cool ride ther is a cool little bar and place to eat have really good food, place to park a.t.v.
700 Sportsman
500 Sportsman

Round Man

That was my Buddy "Lumpy" that brought the medic's out to moose pond on his Brute,,,Same guy that brought Mud Mixer some gas when he almost ran out on the St.Johns river...(Gotcha Buddy) >:D

For now,,,St.Johns is still open from the south end ,,no more acces from hwy 50.... :'(

Some girl at moose pond crashed  her Quad,broke her coller bone and some ribs & had to be air lifted out..Hope she is ok...

Round Man
LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION
OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT
RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY
WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING - -----------

WOW - WHAT A RIDE!!!"

gatorjohn

Where do you park to get to the SJR from the south end?

backwoods boy

what road do you go on to get to the place you ride in the groves is the restaurant lone cabbage im from cocoa and need a place to go muddin 
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

gatorjohn

I heard recently that it was satellite blvd off 520 but you might get ticketed

backwoods boy

yeah i go shootin out there a buddy of mine flipped his quad out there a few days ago n totaled it but thats all hard bottom stuff
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING