Confoosed

Started by IneedPOWA, May 25, 2006, 12:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IneedPOWA

Yeah well I am newer to quads.  I still dont have one yet, and I need all of your opinions.  I don't know to get a sport or utility quad,  I live on a lake that ahs recently started drying up from lack of rain and now is muddy and slippery, and I was thinking about a 4x4.  Then my friends all have sports and stuff and the4x4 couldnt keep up they said.  Now I dont know what to do, what do you all recommend?

MachineDog

It depends how deep in the slippery stuff you want to go. You could manage with a sport, but if you're going through more than about 8 inches of the slop you may want a 4x4. Otherwise as long as you aren't hitting the bottom of the floorboards a sport should be fine.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

dreth

totaly different worlds! 4x4 are usually a slower pace through water and mud. sports are usually doing wheelies, jumping, and high speed trail riding. the question is what type of riding is closest to you? if there is alot of mud and water then go with the ute, if not...............

IneedPOWA

http://l0ck.effex.us/Lake.php


Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  ;)

Ida_Mann

Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 25, 2006, 09:28:48 AM
http://l0ck.effex.us/Lake.php


Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  ;)

jealous,,,nope, I already got two quads, a utility 4X4 and a sport  8)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

gery350

Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 25, 2006, 09:28:48 AM
http://l0ck.effex.us/Lake.php


Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  ;)


i have a dog! ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

klutchbuster400

Quote from: gery350 on May 25, 2006, 09:47:45 AM
Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 25, 2006, 09:28:48 AM
http://l0ck.effex.us/Lake.php


Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  ;)


i have a dog! ;D
and a pain in the butt son! ;D

rednipj

This is my opinion, if all your friends ride sport get sport.  A friend of mind had a sport traded it for a ute and now he rides with other utes and us sports just ride together and meet with them later.  Unless it's strickly trail riding where everyone just cruises.  Also, you might look at something like the new 400 wolverine, it has 2 and 4 wheel drive capabilities.  You have some sport and a little extra something for the mud.  I know my bike gets stuck in about 4" of muck, so I just stay away.  Also utes are sealed better for the mud and water, I just had to replace the bearings in my rearend because of water damage.  Hope this helps, Good luck.

IneedPOWA

Quote from: Ida_Mann on May 25, 2006, 09:38:07 AM
Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 25, 2006, 09:28:48 AM
http://l0ck.effex.us/Lake.php


Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  ;)

jealous,,,nope, I already got two quads, a utility 4X4 and a sport  8)

Id@

I was referring to the vid, I have riding area access out my back gate, not quad wise

IneedPOWA

Quote from: rednipj on May 25, 2006, 09:54:17 AM
This is my opinion, if all your friends ride sport get sport.  A friend of mind had a sport traded it for a ute and now he rides with other utes and us sports just ride together and meet with them later.  Unless it's strickly trail riding where everyone just cruises.  Also, you might look at something like the new 400 wolverine, it has 2 and 4 wheel drive capabilities.  You have some sport and a little extra something for the mud.  I know my bike gets stuck in about 4" of muck, so I just stay away.  Also utes are sealed better for the mud and water, I just had to replace the bearings in my rearend because of water damage.  Hope this helps, Good luck.

But behind my house is all mud and I dont have a trailer right now to take a sport to croom or n e thing.  So a utility would make more sense?

gery350

i could tell you this. if your young and your friends have sport bikes, get a sport bike.
you can ride up and down the enbankment(sp). what will happen is all your friends will be haulin up and down doing wheelies while your cruising a big heavy bike.

again it all comes down to the type of riding you like.

good luck.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

rednipj

I also see other peoples homes next to this lake, they might not be too happy with you messing with their views.  One thing you will find out is that people love to complain when they see a youngone having fun.  I lived on five acres and the neighbors complain about the noise.  Also had a jet ski and the old people along the river complained about the noise.  Other things to think about.

MachineDog

I'd probably get a sport just to keep up with your buds. A ute will by grinding away trying to keep up. :/ Besides, that looks more like water to me than muck, do you know if the dirt got all muddy underneath? Either way you should be good enough, just gon't go through the deepest parts. :\
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

IneedPOWA

Quote from: rednipj on May 25, 2006, 10:26:35 AM
I also see other peoples homes next to this lake, they might not be too happy with you messing with their views.  One thing you will find out is that people love to complain when they see a youngone having fun.  I lived on five acres and the neighbors complain about the noise.  Also had a jet ski and the old people along the river complained about the noise.  Other things to think about.

Well the fact is I know almost everyone on that lake.  Plus none care cause about 50% also have ATV's lol.  Just as long as you dont ride everyday for about 2 hours, everyone usually pics the same day and goes out and rides.

IneedPOWA

Quote from: MachineDog on May 25, 2006, 10:36:32 AM
I'd probably get a sport just to keep up with your buds. A ute will by grinding away trying to keep up. :/ Besides, that looks more like water to me than muck, do you know if the dirt got all muddy underneath? Either way you should be good enough, just gon't go through the deepest parts. :\


Actually that vid was taken about a week ago, and with the lack of rain here, it has dried up into mud mostly, to the right i has very little water and all the alligators are mad lol.  But yeah its muddy and crap, but around the corner to the right is an island about 300 feet ahead that has sandy trails and a sand bowl made by someone along time ago which is where the sports go, but they are limited.  Utility wouldnt be as limited.  Maybe I can talk my dad into buying himself a utility and me a sport, and I can choose between the too lol

klutchbuster400

after seeing that vid, i say get a sport, look at all that free space, 2x4 terriroty, and even then you would have to drop alot of money into a 4x4 to get across that lake.

MachineDog

Actually, depending in how deep that goes, I've been in deeper lakes with my recon. I should get a good pic of it, but I have a pic of the recon upto the racks in the middle of a lake/pond about 200 feet from land. My dad had to pull me out from 50 feet away.. in the water.
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

greenmachine

#17
"Confoosed" I was thinking this was a thread about "Overhaulin" or something to do with Chip Foose? Start tearing up that property with any type of quad & see how happy all your friends on that lake...errr mudpit are. You better check & see before you go ballzout & buy a quad to ride out there, the only one jealous will be you when you are ticketed & paying fines out the azz!!! ;) BTW, jealous of a 15yr old who cant spell confused??? :D :D :D

rubicon500kid

i got a sport (well had one ) and a 4x4 too but now i sold my 400ex to my friend and im selling my 4x4 for a brute froce 750  alot of my friends ride at the track and ride sports but thats not me yea i love riding sport bikes but every time i ride i get muddy lol so iv decied to go with a brute
its all up to u ur friend might ride sport but if u dont like to then theres no point cuz you wouldnt be having fun
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

IneedPOWA

#19
Quote from: greenmachine on May 25, 2006, 02:36:17 PM
"Confoosed" I was thinking this was a thread about "Overhaulin" or something to do with Chip Foose? Start tearing up that property with any type of quad & see how happy all your friends on that lake...errr mudpit are. You better check & see before you go ballzout & buy a quad to ride out there, the only one jealous will be you when you are ticketed & paying fines out the azz!!! ;) BTW, jealous of a 15yr old who cant spell confused??? :D :D :D

No, I hate Chip Foose.  And the thread titled is supposed to go with thread smartone.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 25, 2006, 05:58:28 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on May 25, 2006, 02:36:17 PM
"Confoosed" I was thinking this was a thread about "Overhaulin" or something to do with Chip Foose? Start tearing up that property with any type of quad & see how happy all your friends on that lake...errr mudpit are. You better check & see before you go ballzout & buy a quad to ride out there, the only one jealous will be you when you are ticketed & paying fines out the azz!!! ;) BTW, jealous of a 15yr old who cant spell confused??? :D :D :D

No, I hate Chip Foose.  And the thread titled is supposed to go with thread smartone.
not too sound like a smart @ss, but what does conFOOSed have to do with the thread?

IneedPOWA

Quote from: klutchbuster400 on May 25, 2006, 06:52:11 PM
Quote from: IneedPOWA on May 25, 2006, 05:58:28 PM
Quote from: greenmachine on May 25, 2006, 02:36:17 PM
"Confoosed" I was thinking this was a thread about "Overhaulin" or something to do with Chip Foose? Start tearing up that property with any type of quad & see how happy all your friends on that lake...errr mudpit are. You better check & see before you go ballzout & buy a quad to ride out there, the only one jealous will be you when you are ticketed & paying fines out the azz!!! ;) BTW, jealous of a 15yr old who cant spell confused??? :D :D :D

No, I hate Chip Foose.  And the thread titled is supposed to go with thread smartone.
not too sound like a smart @ss, but what does conFOOSed have to do with the thread?

No clue :D

greenmachine

Your post really says a lot about you. You are new to the forum & start a thread bragging about your "lake/track/view from backyard". Get a quad then talk smack, until then go play with your shovel & pail in your dried up lake young one.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com