riding Big Cypress

Started by bigeasy, May 03, 2006, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigeasy

anyone ride big cypress? is it worth the 50.00 to register? any pics?
Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
05 rincon 650      (wife)
05 250 EX           (daughters)

Anoriginal

Sport bike? Not worth it. 15mph limit, etc. With a Utility is will be fun. My advice; go with someone who's been before the first time you go. They can show you how to get tech'd in, etc and where to access and ride. Oasis is probably the best place to ride from with an ATV and usually has the best parking, etc.

Don't take this place casually. It can hurt you if you're unfamiliar with it and/or unprepared. Also, late spring is the best time to go. It's dry and still cool at night. When the reains come, forget about using an ATV in Big Cypress.

PM me and I'll answer any questions I can.

Best of luck to you!

bigeasy

thanks for your input, me and 4 freinds are planing a overnight in two weeks their for the weekend. Any suggestions as to being prepared and what to take.
Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
05 rincon 650      (wife)
05 250 EX           (daughters)

450R_Matt

I was down Turner River Rd last weekend and it was posted at 2 of the gates that it was closed due to fires or somthing like that.. 
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Anoriginal

Portions of the Tuner River Unit were closed last week due to a serious fire. Last word was that it was reopening over the weekend. It is extremely dry out there right now and if I'm not mistaken, no camp fires are allowed at this time.

The place is like a tinder box right now. Years of undergrowth supplemented by what last year's hurricanes knowcked down combined with a historically poor burn management programmake that place ripe for a big fire.

Bigeasy, PM me and I will give you a list of stuff I would bring if I were you.

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com