GOD LOVES ME!! BIKE THIEVES ARRESTED!!!!!!!!!!

Started by SoFlaEiger, May 01, 2006, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayman

Great story, I am glad you got it back.  One question, did the police try to pursue anything against you and your buddy for throwing items at their truck (like property damage, assault)?  Just wondering if they get a slap on the wrist and still be able to come after you.
2006 RTR Performance LTR450 #15- Mine
2008 RTR Performance TRX450R #42- Sons
2008 Poooolaris RZR #64- Wifes

www.centralfllistings.com

caospop

They went to the wrong JAIL !!!. Im still mourning the loss of my bike. :'( :'( I havent been that lucky. my 03 vinson is still MIA. Im keeping the keys as a keep sake. :D. I wish they would have ended up in Dade County Jail. I have a special place in my heart for ATV thieves there i have the plesure of working there. Congrats on your find. 
2007 Polaris Sportsman

SoFlaEiger

i don't think they're in any jail.  it pisses me off.

and no, there is no action against me for throwing the club.  The detective asked me if i threw it and i told him "Ya, i felt like my life was in danger because they were driving right at me so I did what I could to defend myself and get out of the way"  I also told them they tried to run over my friend and he said teh state might seek charges for vehicular manslaughter (attempted).  The detective told me i could have shot them if i wanted to and been ok.

Fox17

Quote from: SoFlaEiger on May 02, 2006, 08:53:53 PM
The bike is chained to a tree now and blocked in by bobcat front end attachments lol

The bad news is this: the kids were only 17 and had a clean record, so all they'll get is a slap on teh wrist and a class they'll have to attend.  No jail time, no nothing.

f**k our justice system.  I wish we would have gotten them outta the truck before the cops got there, and no, i wouldn't be tellin the "EXACT" story had they gotten out before the cops arrived hehe :)

i agree!!

Fox17

Quote from: SoFlaEiger on May 07, 2006, 09:10:54 PM
i don't think they're in any jail.  it pisses me off.

and no, there is no action against me for throwing the club.  The detective asked me if i threw it and i told him "Ya, i felt like my life was in danger because they were driving right at me so I did what I could to defend myself and get out of the way"  I also told them they tried to run over my friend and he said teh state might seek charges for vehicular manslaughter (attempted).  The detective told me i could have shot them if i wanted to and been ok.

its too bad you didnt have a gun.

SoFlaEiger

well, today i got the paper from the courthouse stating that they know the juvenille's were arrested and asked what i thought would be a fair punishment and if any harm was done to me or my bike.  I'm going to recommend that they serve 3 years probation, 100hrs of community service picking up trash at the HoleyLands, and a 6 month suspension on their license for almost running my friend over. 

I'm going to make a new thread with this so i can get input...

Thrumud

Happy you got your quad back.  My brother lived one block north of Stirling ( North of that small air strip ) and ( south of Landmark Estates. Several times we had our 3 quads just covered with a tarp in the back.  Your story just gives me the chills. 
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

RAD 450r

Keep them inside...Out of sight, out of mind
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com