GBC Gators - good tire?

Started by wilburz, February 10, 2005, 09:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilburz

thinking about buying some new 25 inch tires. want to know if the gator is a good mud tire or is a 25 mudlite better?  
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Kris_Moore

I have gators and love them. but if you are staying with 25" go with mudbugs. They have the ddeep tread in 25". Gators and lights only have 5/8" in 25" and bugs have 1 1/4". Gators and bugs have the same tread design though. Imo mudlights suck.
94 polaris sportsman 400 4x4: 27" gators, snorkeled, wiseco hi comp. piston, 2" lift, and lots more...
98 grizz 600: 26" bear claws and 2000# winch
04 blue sportsman 700: stock
94 polaris 300 4x4: 25" 489 at's and 1700# winch

wilburz

I want to mount the 25's on my stock rims. they are 9 inch. the bugs don't come in a 25-x-9 size. only the gators do. I beleive. You don't like the mudlites? How about ride quality?  
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

RnkOutlaw

If you plan on playing in some mud and dont want to worry get some Outlaws or Vampires
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

wilburz

I am keeping the stock 9 inch rims dude. I don't believe those tires you mentioned come in that size. Those tires ride like cement blocks on anything other than 1 foot of sludge anyways.  
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

RnkOutlaw

I have a honda foreman with stock rims and I have 27x12 on the back and 27x9.5 in front and there outlaws and they dont rub and fit the rim perfect
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

wilburz

right, you have 12 inch tall rims. I have 9 inch tall rims. the second number on your descriptions of your tires is the width. the third number is the size of the whole inside the tire. get my drift?  
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

RnkOutlaw

Ohh your right, sorry about that, I think you can get Mud sharks there allright tires or blackwaters work really good.
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

wilburz

what company makes those two tires you mentioned?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

wilburz

those sharks and blackwaters do not look to be to good for the mud. I like riding in mud and some trail riding out at ms&g. those two tires are rather pricey compared to the gators.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Kris_Moore

look here: http://www.highlifter.com/store/Tires.html

I found vamps, tri claws, bear claws, gators, bugs, and lights in 9" rim, and there may be a few others.
94 polaris sportsman 400 4x4: 27" gators, snorkeled, wiseco hi comp. piston, 2" lift, and lots more...
98 grizz 600: 26" bear claws and 2000# winch
04 blue sportsman 700: stock
94 polaris 300 4x4: 25" 489 at's and 1700# winch

wilburz

thanks Kris, now I have to do some research.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Kris_Moore

no problem. I forgot to say that i wouldnt recommend bear claws either if you like to mud. I have a set of them, and they just dont dig at all. They sit on top of mud and just spin until they are slick.
94 polaris sportsman 400 4x4: 27" gators, snorkeled, wiseco hi comp. piston, 2" lift, and lots more...
98 grizz 600: 26" bear claws and 2000# winch
04 blue sportsman 700: stock
94 polaris 300 4x4: 25" 489 at's and 1700# winch

IT200

Here's a good place to get really good prices on mud tires
http://home.cfl.rr.com/tyres4less/
Polaris 500 4x4
Yamaha Warrior
Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4
Suzuki DRZ 400

wilburz

thanks it200. looks to be a good site.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Truegrit

The vamps come in 9". They are good in the mud and ride almost like stock on the trail. Also look in to the Mud Machine, they perfoem well and ride smooth.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

Truegrit

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]