Rear Sprocket + Axle?

Started by Yamaha72, May 05, 2006, 12:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yamaha72

I just recently bought new JT sprocket's and RK X-ring chain for my raptor. I noticed after I put the parts on that at the rear end were the sprocket is actually around the axle there is play... All the sprocket hub nuts are tight, and I can move the sprocket around, very slightly but still worries me? Does anybody have any info???

   I was thinking maybe a faulty sprocket?      Thanks, Luca
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

tony pitts

 tighten your axle nut next to your brake rotor  the splines are probably loose also.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Yamaha72

#2
I was thinking that, what are the splines?   Thanks
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

tony pitts

 im sorry i miss worded that last sentence i ment to say the rotor hub was loose on the splines splines are the teeth that the  hub locks to the axle kind of like your chain and sprocket do
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

Yamaha72

Yea I know what you are talking about now, the spline..... What do I do besides tighten the axle lock-nut?       Thanks, Luca
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

TRX450R_Racer

Have you ever changed the axle bearings? If not you need them. I change mine every year.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.