Hog Valley Trail Riders- Friends of the Ocala National Forest

Started by GrizzlyBear, May 04, 2006, 05:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyBear

OK, we are starting a new club.  It is going to be formed as a Non Profit 501(c)3.  It will mean that we can solicit donations AND apply for grants.  We are going to form it for  the purpose of being "friends of the Ocala National Forest".  Doing this we will be able to get funds to help make the trail system the best in the country.  I have been promised legal help (ironically from the same group that  represented the group that got Rodman shot down, but it is free)

I am going to need help to cover costs,There will be incorporation and filing fees.  As I can not ask for donations until until we gat the 501(c)3, I am opening membership up to anyone who wants to join. $20.00 the first year, or $30.00 and you get a kelly green tee Shirts with our yellow logo.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

eric


foreman1

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on May 04, 2006, 05:17:09 PM
OK, we are starting a new club.  It is going to be formed as a Non Profit 501(c)3.  It will mean that we can solicit donations AND apply for grants.  We are going to form it for  the purpose of being "friends of the Ocala National Forest".  Doing this we will be able to get funds to help make the trail system the best in the country.  I have been promised legal help (ironically from the same group that  represented the group that got Rodman shot down, but it is free)

I am going to need help to cover costs,There will be incorporation and filing fees.  As I can not ask for donations until until we gat the 501(c)3, I am opening membership up to anyone who wants to join. $20.00 the first year, or $30.00 and you get a kelly green tee Shits with our yellow logo.


You are on the right track with this idea!
Most enviro groups have the prefix of "Friends of the what ever " and do exactly as you are planning.
One example is friends of the fakahatchee , they are mostly nature folks with some hunters mixed in. They've , like most NPO's apply for government grants for their projects . From trail maintenance to building expenses.

Good thinkin'.
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

needforspeed


AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

GrizzlyBear

It is a new club. If you feel the way I do, you can be on the Board when we incorporate.

Terry
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Chillinthemost

Count me in, I'll be up there at my place the end of the month. I can look you up.
  I see in your sig that you have a Rhino now, arent they great. Whats is the latest on Rhino use on the trails?
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

GrizzlyBear

allowed everywhere except the ATV and motorcycle section only, and I am working on the ATV section.  I rode the Rhino yesterday and everyone was inpressed.  They realize that when the rule was setup (6 yrs ago), there really wasn't anything like a UTV
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

Chillinthemost

Quote from: GrizzlyBear on May 04, 2006, 07:21:22 PM
allowed everywhere except the ATV and motorcycle section only, and I am working on the ATV section.  I rode the Rhino yesterday and everyone was inpressed.  They realize that when the rule was setup (6 yrs ago), there really wasn't anything like a UTV
I hope you can let them see that the little bit of extra width is not an issue. I also had a problem taking my Rhino into Big Cypress Preserve. The problem being that it doesn't fit the current description of an ATV and its also not a swamp buggy so the inspection station will not issue permits at this time to these types of vehicles. These vehicles are new to the sceen and becoming very popular so the regulations need to be revisited.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

GrizzlyBear

2 guys from Big Cypress were there, They also saw what the Rhino did.  Also, I will be on a cruise with my whole (15) family, kids and grandkids
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

duroc825


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com