ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS IS????????

Started by TOY_DOCTOR, December 18, 2003, 05:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOY_DOCTOR

LETS SEE HOW WELL YOU GUYS KNOW YOUR QUADS, THIS IS A MADE IN THE USA QUAD, IT WAS MADE IN 1986, BY A COMPANY IN MINN. THIS IS ONE OF THE FIRST QUADS I EVER RACED AND HAVE A BOX OF TROPHYS TO SHOW FOR IT.. BE SURE TO NOTICE THE CARB COMING OUT THE LEFT SIDE..I WILL FILL YOU IN LATER ON WHAT IT IS.   FIRST THE QUIZ..
TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's

KEV96

DIDN'T THAT COMPANY MAKE 3 WHEELERS BACK IN THE 80'S? IS THE COMPANY CALLED TIGER?

UpEnSmk420

Im pretty sure its a Tiger.  I seen one the other day on BansheeHq.com.  Old bike.  

Not to mention, it says "Tiger" on the swing arm.

erbilabuc

Its a Tiger 250R- not too popular because the year they released them was the year that 3 wheelers got banned and there was a possible ban on all atv's so the demand wasnt popular. Then along came yamaha and saved the day with the Banshee; too bad it took over ten years for anyone else to catch up but at least its gotten better. This isn't a flame war, I am just stating the facts that Yamaha was the only sport quad producer for 10 years straight. If Honda would of done it then I would of put Honda.
Thug Nasty
1 good thing about being bull-legged is you never need a belt.

Kirklandrock

Hey Ken,
     Rick Todd (BMS) used to be a Tiger dealer.. I rode the Tiger 200 and the Tiger 250 3-wheelers at a few races back in the day when 3 wheels was the way to go... They were pretty cool.....
           Take Care and See Ya on the 28th...
                      Merry Christmas
                                Joe
#918 FTR H/S series (on hiatus)

MX411


RTR_380/450R

HEY JOE! Been a long time since IVE seen one of those!!
Hes right though, POPS (RICK TODD) , OR DAD AS I LIKE TO CALL HIM, used to be a Tiger Dealer. Its a Rotax engine, the same company that powers SEA DOOS!  It was a great bike for flat track also.  Dad actually had a 500 Tiger as well. I dont think he ever lost on that bike actually. Seriously, not one race! When the power hit in those things, it got real scary real fast.  Nowadays they would be somewhat impressive, but back then they were unstoppable.  HARD TO KEEP EM RUNNIN' GOOD THOUGH.

NICE POST!
JT
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

RTR_380/450R

QuoteHey Ken,
     Rick Todd (BMS) used to be a Tiger dealer.. I rode the Tiger 200 and the Tiger 250 3-wheelers at a few races back in the day when 3 wheels was the way to go... They were pretty cool.....
           Take Care and See Ya on the 28th...
                      Merry Christmas
                                Joe

BY THE WAY! Rick Todd at (BMS) BARTOW MOTORSPORTS, not BRANDON MOTORSPORTS. Wanna clear that up because of previous posts by many people about the horrible service they recieved from BRANDON MOTORSPORTS!

GOTTA KEEPS POPS GOOD NAME!
THANX
JT
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com