"WHOOPS"

Started by Unknownracer, May 01, 2006, 11:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknownracer

Went to Ocala this weekend. I never understood what people were talking about when they talked about WHOOPS, but I know now.  What a pain in the ass.  I don't care what kind of bike you have after a long day of riding return to the camp site under the power lines is murder  :(.

I was also talking to one of the rangers and he mention in the next couple of weeks they will be closing the Big Scubes area to all ATVs and Dirt Bikes.  Opening up some new trails at the North side camp.  Anyone have any input on these new trails yet??

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Unknownracer on May 01, 2006, 11:54:30 AM
Went to Ocala this weekend. I never understood what people were talking about when they talked about WHOOPS, but I know now.  What a pain in the ass.  I don't care what kind of bike you have after a long day of riding return to the camp site under the power lines is murder  :(.

I was also talking to one of the rangers and he mention in the next couple of weeks they will be closing the Big Scubes area to all ATVs and Dirt Bikes.  Opening up some new trails at the North side camp.  Anyone have any input on these new trails yet??

They have been saying that for awhile now. We went during new years and they said as of Jan 1st the whole area was to be closed and we could only ride the powerlines that day. Still hasnt happened. I don't think they know what they are doing, bunch of yahoos.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

DevoCorum

I have to admit...whoops are a pain in the ass...I went to Holey Lands and didn't "understand" what whoops where, but you're right, after all day off ridin an you head back on a main trail and you hit like a 1/4 mile of whoops...pretty sucky, but its a small price to pay to ride your ATV  ;)
they must really suck on a sport bike...
2004 Bombardier Outlander 400

[url="http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg"]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/devocorum/mudsmall.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

Quote from: DevoCorum on May 01, 2006, 12:13:25 PM
I have to admit...whoops are a pain in the ass...I went to Holey Lands and didn't "understand" what whoops where, but you're right, after all day off ridin an you head back on a main trail and you hit like a 1/4 mile of whoops...pretty sucky, but its a small price to pay to ride your ATV  ;)
they must really suck on a sport bike...
They are better on a sport bike if you know how to ride. You can skip across them and stay on top.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Honda328i

Quote from: Bigscrb15 on May 01, 2006, 12:18:50 PM
Quote from: DevoCorum on May 01, 2006, 12:13:25 PM
I have to admit...whoops are a pain in the ass...I went to Holey Lands and didn't "understand" what whoops where, but you're right, after all day off ridin an you head back on a main trail and you hit like a 1/4 mile of whoops...pretty sucky, but its a small price to pay to ride your ATV  ;)
they must really suck on a sport bike...
They are better on a sport bike if you know how to ride. You can skip across them and stay on top.

Those power lines still suck on a sport bike with Elkas sailing over them  >:(  And supposedly the rangers say that's the only part we can ride?  I don't think they care about people's safety then because every accident I have seen at Scrub has been on those powerline whoops, not on the trails.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

RAD 450r

There not that bad, if u get used to them, They train you pretty well, work out the legs and stuff
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

KXKID

i love the woops at ocala i fly through them

Toomey

Those powerline whoops are nothing compared to what's at Croom I'd say.  And on an MX dirt bike, you can really scoot over them, very smooth over the whoops.
Looking for a junker dirt bike project.

450rcrazy

Once you learn to ride woops there not to bad, but they still wear you out .you can only float across them for so long and you will get tired.definately a good work out .ocala is ok once you get out of 2 stroke range. there are still a few places at croom that are not wooped out but not many.

Yamaha72

Quote from: Toomey on May 01, 2006, 07:44:20 PM
Those powerline whoops are nothing compared to what's at Croom I'd say.  And on an MX dirt bike, you can really scoot over them, very smooth over the whoops.

I agree, the whoops at Croom are terrible after a couple days riding....

I just go 3-4th gear pinned and they just feel like little bumps at that speed.
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Numkut

Probably good for you and good for training, but honestly who actually enjoys riding straight whoops for miles? On my bike its nothing but on our Grizzly it is a pain, but I must say when I go to the track I haul butt through the whoops from all the "training"  ;) My opinion on ONF? I'll probably never go back after my last trip all the good places are shut down, when I went we would literally spend a 1/4 of our day at Blue Sink chilling out, eating, swimming, and making freinds now they have taken that as well, not to mention all the pits and stuff, what do pits have to do with the ecological environment??? I have never seen any endangered birds down in a big ol sinkhole, take away the fun spots and people are bound to go find new ones. Sorry for ranting just watched that crazy lady vid and I'm alittle worked up lol.
YZ250
Grizzly 660 (Dad/Moms ride)
[url="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg"]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/numkut/Numkut_Sig.jpg[/url]

Yamaha72

Quote from: Numkut on May 02, 2006, 08:36:56 PM
Probably good for you and good for training, but honestly who actually enjoys riding straight whoops for miles? On my bike its nothing but on our Grizzly it is a pain, but I must say when I go to the track I haul butt through the whoops from all the "training"  ;) My opinion on ONF? I'll probably never go back after my last trip all the good places are shut down, when I went we would literally spend a 1/4 of our day at Blue Sink chilling out, eating, swimming, and making freinds now they have taken that as well, not to mention all the pits and stuff, what do pits have to do with the ecological environment??? I have never seen any endangered birds down in a big ol sinkhole, take away the fun spots and people are bound to go find new ones. Sorry for ranting just watched that crazy lady vid and I'm alittle worked up lol.

NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com