accident at Croom today

Started by tileman, April 30, 2006, 06:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tileman

 They had to bring the med flight chopper into Croom today to lift someone out that apparently hit a tree. I don't know any more just that the chopper sat on the ground for over an hour untill they got the person out to it.  I was hoping someone else was ther that might know more
02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110

atvtrailer

saw it, but dont kno what happened
05 450r #13B

blupits04

I saw it too but,we never saw them bring anyone out or saw anyone hurt on any of the trails we were on.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

Alba450

Dang.............these accidents are happening every day now :o   



***Ride Safe guys***
Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"

greenmachine

Still just that though....an accident. I am sure that more accidents happened on I-75 that day than at croom. Hope he or she is ok.

MachineDog

Follow hondas slogan. *Stupid Hurts* So be careful everyone and wear a helmet. And always put it on before you leave the shed, I've hit my head on that damn shed door atleast a billion times and wether it hurts or not it really pisses ya off when it happens. :ouch.gif Hope the fellow rider is okay. :)
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

tileman

that is a good point. I enjoy it at Croom but I am just amazed at how many little kids are riding by with a bicycle helmet and shorts. I don't let my kids ride around the back yard without full protection
02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110

TRX450R_Racer

I was there also. I didn't see it but I heard he hit a tree and his friend went for help. The friend who went for help wasn't able to bring them back to where it happened. They had to search the woods to find him.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

blupits04

has anyone heard anymore about the wreck.
[url="//www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits"]www.freewebs.com/bluegottypits[/url]

FLCat

I hope that rider will be ok. 

It's a real shame they didn't have a GPS so the friend could lead help back quicker. 
I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin

MUDDBUGGERS

The person that hit the tree is my ex-boss.  I heard about the accident on Tues and an update on Thursday.  The last I heard, he broke his legs and had major facial damage that will require surgery. As of Thurs. he was in the hospital in critical condition. although He is expected to recover in 4 to 6 months.  Will update when I hear more. 

Scramdaddy

I wish him the best. Thats a lot of injuries.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

MUDDBUGGERS

thanks, I will pass that along

wyldelee

Do you know what caused the accident? We were there that day, (in the picnic area), and we called Emergency services when someone raced up saying there was an accident, but we never saw anything, and didn't hear what actually happened to cause the accident?

DZ 350

D@MN he hit a tree and had that many injuries, how fast was he going??

Sorry to hear about this terrible injury, hope he recovers soon!!
-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)

TRX450R_Racer

Trees can hurt ya. One of my buddys was air lifted out of Croom from hitting a tree. He Broke his left wrist and left fimur.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

GrizzlyBear

Check the post on how to fix the problems at Croom-  AND CALL A STATE REPRESENTATIVE.
2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org

MUDDBUGGERS

I SPOKE TO A CLOSE FRIEND AND HERE'S THE LATEST.  HE SPLIT HIS CHIN.  NOT SURE WHAT THAT ACTUALLY MEANS.  HE CRUSHED IS LEFT LEG BAD ENOUGH THAT THE DOCTORS ARE GOING TO TRY TO GRAFT IT, IF THEY CAN FIND ENOUGH DONER BONE.  THEY MIGHT HAVE TO USE PINS AND RODS.  HE'S HAD 2 BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS AND ALMOST DIED. HE IS LOOKING AT POSSIBLY 5 TO 6 MORE SURGERIES.  HOPEFULLY, HE WON'T LOSE HIS LEG. I DON'T ALOT OF DETAILS YET, BUT WILL TALK TO HIS BROTHER AND FIND OUT MORE. I WILL TRY TO FORWARD ANY GET WELL WISHES IF POSSIBLE.  NOT SURE IF HE HAS ACCESS TO A COMPUTER OR NOT.  I WILL KEEP THIS SUBJECT NOTIFIED OF ANY CHANGES.   

svtbolt04

What kind of bike was he on?
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

FLCat

I'll say a prayer for him for sure.  Long road ahead of him. 
I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin

tileman

hope all turns out okay. it's kind of scary to think that it can happen to anyone. I know sometimes when we ride that i think how many times i say that was a close call, and go on but it doesn't always happen that way
02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110

gearhead400

i've wrecked a few times out there, nothing bad at all until my last one. Got really lucky and im being a lot more cautious now. People just get out there and go balls to the wall on their brand new fast quads and this is normally the result. Not saying this is what happened here, but its normally the cause. Hope everything turns out for the better for this guy.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com