Golfcart flipping over in Okachabee

Started by Lil_Rider2006, April 24, 2006, 07:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil_Rider2006

You won't believe what I aw at Okachobee Saturday.A guy in a golf(I think he had a little kid on there) turned too sharp and flipped over and started to bleed(but how could i know that because I wasn't that close).All the 4-wheelers out in the mud started to crowd around him.All of a sudden this really big monster truck goes in and helps him.Well thats all I know from this accedent.

cheropride

Was this at l-cross, we were there.  The guy bashed is head real bad and the girl broke her foot.  If this is the same one, thank God there was no kids.  I know the girl that was in there, they just hit a rut and flipped.  The roll bar got both of them, just goes to show, anything can & will flip.  She is fine, though, broke foot in two places, I think he is fine too, but don't really know him.  But he did take a good hit on the head.  It was scary to see though. 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Mudneck

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 25, 2006, 07:26:20 PM
Ban golf carts, they're dangerous!

So is a half track w/460 in it doing 25 across the mud after drinking 24 pack bud light???

I think thats a STUPID comment above! ???
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Mudneck

Exactly, I was there & quite impressed with ALL the contraptions,to make a statement like that is immature. How many homemade gadgets were driving around that place.There was some awsome American Engineering there! Who is to say what may or may not be dangerous is not for anyone but the builder to say!
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

qt314nfla

I believe he was saying ban them as a joke.  Since every time something happens accident or what not ppl start banning what ever it is.

MuddFreak77

Quote from: SomBch on April 25, 2006, 08:18:20 PM
...so i say if your gonna ban something ban stupid people

you can fix a car, you can fix a roof but you can't fix STUPID!!!    ;D

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

AintSkeered

Sorry girls, I assumed my previous comments would be appreciated as sarcasm for the current threat to Durhamtown Plantation. On Friday, the local pigs will be attempting to get an injunction to shut them down because of alleged excessive injuries and deaths there. My sarcastic point is to just ban life because it causes injury/death, eventually! There's far-greater risks driving your cars or crossing our streets!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

SWAMP_DONKEY

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 25, 2006, 08:36:49 PM
Sorry girls, I assumed my previous comments would be appreciated as sarcasm for the current threat to Durhamtown Plantation. On Friday, the local pigs will be attempting to get an injunction to shut them down because of alleged excessive injuries and deaths there. My sarcastic point is to just ban life because it causes injury/death, eventually! There's far-greater risks driving your cars or crossing our streets!

By Local Pigs I assume you are in reference to police officers?? Who is the first person you call when in danger or need help...Grow up and respect them!!!

big-daddy

Quote from: SWAMP_DONKEY on April 25, 2006, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: AintSkeered on April 25, 2006, 08:36:49 PM
Sorry girls, I assumed my previous comments would be appreciated as sarcasm for the current threat to Durhamtown Plantation. On Friday, the local pigs will be attempting to get an injunction to shut them down because of alleged excessive injuries and deaths there. My sarcastic point is to just ban life because it causes injury/death, eventually! There's far-greater risks driving your cars or crossing our streets!

By Local Pigs I assume you are in reference to police officers?? Who is the first person you call when in danger or need help...Grow up and respect them!!!

Maybe his talking about is girlfriend?
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Joedirt

Quote from: AintSkeered on April 25, 2006, 08:36:49 PM
Sorry girls, I assumed my previous comments would be appreciated as sarcasm for the current threat to Durhamtown Plantation. On Friday, the local pigs will be attempting to get an injunction to shut them down because of alleged excessive injuries and deaths there. My sarcastic point is to just ban life because it causes injury/death, eventually! There's far-greater risks driving your cars or crossing our streets!

A good example of HOW NOT to be taken seriously.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Patricia Pearce

 ;D ;D Hi everyone! Just going to make the facts known. It was not a golf cart, it was a RHINO 440 and the guy did not hit a rut, he was doing donuts and flipped. The girl did not even know him and later said it was stupid to load up with someone she did not know and also did not know how much alcohol he had consumed prior to her riding with him. He went to the hospital and got 3 stitches over his eye in the eyebrow area. She broke her foot. Once again there is not a cure for  STUPID!

Thanks,
Patti
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

Brians06grizz

2001 F150 4x4 XLT Ext cab Stepside.
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80 FOR SALE!
       
1979 CJ5 SOA Lift,6cyl-T18 4 speed with granny.Offhouser intake with Edelbrock carb
35x12.50x15 Wild Country's

greenmachine

#13
When the tree huggers get their eyes on this, it is loaded with ammunition against the people who respect this sport. L-Cross will be "banned" if we continue to openly speak of how drunk all these people are while operating golf carts, rhinos, atv's & even half traks. Just another post with a big black eye & all the drunks are the reason my family will never attend these events. I am sure everyone has a good time, but the booze dont mix with machinery. The girl with the broken foot could sue for her injuries because everyone has already admitted he was drunk & operating the rhino, the release that most places make you sign holds no weight when there is absolute negligence. I am not attacking L-Cross, but the unruly behavior that these events have become. Last week we were hearing about an employee of another similiar type mudbog damaging someones vehicle, now this. It is just a matter of time unfortunately.

yunt2ride

The employee damaging someones vehicle was not at L-Cross
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Patricia Pearce

 :) :) :) It was not an Employee, it was the OWNER and that did not take place at L-CROSS! That took place at another MUD BOG! You are right about
the posts not being a good thing all of the time. However, we at L-CROSS do encourage constructive criticism, especially when it comes to a FUN & SAFE time for those that attend our events. We correct anything we can as quickly as possible. Remember we have 4 son's and started this for them
to have a place they can have fun and also be supervised! We are parents
as well as business owner's and would not have it another way.

Thanks,
Mark & Patti
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

greenmachine

Quote from: yunt2ride on April 26, 2006, 12:24:29 PM
The employee damaging someones vehicle was not at L-Cross
Sorry about that insinuation, I fixed my mistake. I just wish more positives would make this forum than all the negatives.

Patricia Pearce

You are Right and Wrong. People  get hurt in this sport EVERYDAY, it doesn't
matter where they ride, if they have been drinking, if they are riding double, if they have helmets on or not. I read as many posts as possible on many websites everyday and there is never a day that goes by that I don't read about a bad injury or death. In National Forest's where I know they are not  drinking alcohol and even officers of the law. I also here about people being hurt and having accidents in the automobiles, boats ect. We all have to be careful every day with the choices we make and be aware  of the other guy as well as our limitaions and experience in the hobbies we choose. Almost all sports can be dangerous my god look at Rodeo, Nascar, watersports, Horseback riding, etc. Have FUN and keep on enjoying what you do, most of all be SAFE!!!!

Thanks,
Mark & Patti
SAFE!
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

Joedirt

Quote from: greenmachine on April 26, 2006, 12:47:56 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on April 26, 2006, 12:24:29 PM
The employee damaging someones vehicle was not at L-Cross
Sorry about that insinuation, I fixed my mistake. I just wish more positives would make this forum than all the negatives.

Everything can go smooth a Million times....the one time it does not is what they remember...
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

yunt2ride

I must say that most everbody that goes to these events are going to drink and release some steam somehow or another on weekends. If it was not for places like this to attend and not for our off road vehicles where would these people be. They would be at the bars and on our streets driving drunk and then how many people would be killed on our roadways. Even innocent people just going to the grocery store. At least at these events everyone there knows what to expect and its keeping the drunks off the streets. I go there and I never drink while I am out there or only maybe drink one or two the whole weekend but I know that most of the adults are drinking so i watch out for them.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

greenmachine

Quote from: Patricia Pearce on April 26, 2006, 12:28:14 PM
:) :) :) It was not an Employee, it was the OWNER and that did not take place at L-CROSS! That took place at another MUD BOG! You are right about
the posts not being a good thing all of the time. However, we at L-CROSS do encourage constructive criticism, especially when it comes to a FUN & SAFE time for those that attend our events. We correct anything we can as quickly as possible. Remember we have 4 son's and started this for them
to have a place they can have fun and also be supervised! We are parents
as well as business owner's and would not have it another way.

Thanks,
Mark & Patti
Does this mean your 4 sons will be taking part in the adults only wet t-shirt contests next weekend? You write something in open discussion that contradicts what you write in the where to ride section.  I would have to assume your 4 sons are adult age. ??? I do appreciate anyone who opens a park for us to ride in but dont blow smoke(bs) to increase business.

wilburz

Quote from: Patricia Pearce on April 26, 2006, 12:52:51 PM
You are Right and Wrong. People  get hurt in this sport EVERYDAY, it doesn't
matter where they ride, if they have been drinking, if they are riding double, if they have helmets on or not. I read as many posts as possible on many websites everyday and there is never a day that goes by that I don't read about a bad injury or death. In National Forest's where I know they are not  drinking alcohol and even officers of the law. I also here about people being hurt and having accidents in the automobiles, boats ect. We all have to be careful every day with the choices we make and be aware  of the other guy as well as our limitaions and experience in the hobbies we choose. Almost all sports can be dangerous my god look at Rodeo, Nascar, watersports, Horseback riding, etc. Have FUN and keep on enjoying what you do, most of all be SAFE!!!!

Thanks,
Mark & Patti
SAFE!

How can you say it does not matter if people have been drinking? If a dude drinks a case of beer and then operates a piece of machinery he is increasing the likelyhood of great bodily injury exponentialy.

Where you are driving? If you are in a construction site you are increaseing your chances of being hurt.

Helmet or not? If you land  on your noggin with a helmet on you most likey will get back up. No helmet and you are going to get seriously hurt.

There are stickers all over a atv telling you not to ride double. You are increaseing your chances of great bodily harm.

I have to disagree that it does not matter. Those simple rules matter the most.

I am not bashing l-cross but that remark does not make sense to me.

Anyone else agree or disagree with this one?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Patricia Pearce

#22
I did not realize I was blowing "BS"! My son's are ages 25-19. The 19 year old is away at College. However they have all attended the ADULT EVENTS BECAUSE THEY ARE ADULTS! That's why we have them, so we can have FAMILY EVENTS & SEPARATE children from ADULT events.

Thanks,
Patti P
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

Patricia Pearce

Of course it MATTERS if you have been DRINKING, you increase the chances of getting hurt even if you are WALKING! I was just trying to say you can get hurt even if you are not. All of the things you do as far as proecting yourself with helmets and proper saftey gear decrease the chance of injury. I was just saying you can still get hurt with any sport or hobby even
if you have not been drinking or have the safety equiptment!

Thanks,
Patti
"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

wilburz

Thanks for the clarification. I also am one of those that need a little more guidance in life once in a while. ;D
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com