Ocala Thunderbowl Quad Flattrack Sat May 13

Started by HillKiller, April 23, 2006, 10:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

     Yes I know the 13th is 3 weeks away...why so long? Since the schedule change, Quads are now 2nd and 4th Sat and Winged Sprints are 1st and 3rd Sat...April began and ended on a weekend. Yes I know the Thunderbowl Speedway.com webpage schedule still hasn't been updated. I don't make the dates I only pass along the info from the track.

   Entry totals from last night April 22nd:
Beginner      13 entries
Intermediate   8 entries
Open              9 entries
Peewee          3 entries
  Unfortunately Lisa in registration left before I got the score sheets for the main events so I know less about this weeks results than last week but here's what I remember..as always if someone know more post it.

Beginner         1st Bennie              Honda 400

Intermediate   1st Gary Sisson      Suz 450
                      2nd Scooter            Suz 450

Open              1st Scott Sheffield   Honda 250R
                      2nd Tim Sisson       Yam 450
                      3rd  Dave               Banshee
                      4th  Brian                Honda 450
                      5th  Doug               Honda 450
                      6th  Raymond        Banshee
                      7th  Steven            Honda 450
                      8th Derek               250R            DNS
                      9th Gasgas Man     GasGas 300  DNS

Obviously I need help on the results from the other classes...

      Total of 33 Quads, the highest turnout to-date. If the turnout continues to grow more classes may be formed. The track officials have also asked that some general rules be posted mostly regarding safety equipment. As of now mandatory equipment includes:
*boots
*helmet
   Recommended includes:
*eye protection
*gloves
*chect protector
*neck collar
   It was pointed out to me that we, the quad guys, wear the least safety gear out of all the classes out there and we don't have a cage around us.  Steve (GasGasman) crashed hard. Hope you are doing well. I expect you will be banged up for a few days. Looked wild from my view.

   There was alot of two and sometimes three wide racing especially in the corners which isn't something we haven't seen in past weeks. Tim, the track mgr, constantly works on the track throughout the night. He is always open to ideas. What did  everyone think about the track surface?
 
   If anyone out there is just hearing or reading about the track and has questions send me a PM through this forum or post your questions, someone will answer. Cya next time.

[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

LT-R450ApK

I think when we ran the  2nd heat the track was near perfect!!
In main I was spinning 3/4 of the back Straight from it being to wet
All N all the track was pretty good last night! other than the 1:20 min intermission!
See everone in 3 weeks
Heel up round man
Oh and cant forget..........


GET IT RAGS!!
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Hoosier Daddy

One note, they said in the drivers meeting the neck brace was optional.. but its a smart idea to have it.

      I agree with scooter the track was really wet in the A main.  on the far side of the track there were 15x30ft puddles that would spray your shield everytime you went around. It was hell fighting the bike to keep it from looping in every corner but then again we griped about it being dusty... so got what we asked for.

The only two complaints i have is how late were getting out, I WILL have to cut out 50% of my races due to this or I will have to leave early. how long does the break need to be? they are only working 4 hrs! Also, if the races are supposed to start @7 then lets start at 7, not 8 or 830... They change our schedule and were still leaving as late??
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

1fastltr450

they changed our schedule and I got home an hour later.  Thanks Chris for the exact measurements on the water puddles lol.  One suggestion might be to split the beg. class but once again this adds to the time we get home.  I agree with Chris we need to try to start at & and cut down on the intermission and I think things will go real smooth. I thought the track was the most consistant I have ever seen it but there again Tim put water down after every heat which adds to a late night.
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

1fastltr450

Open              1st Scott Sheffield   Honda 250R
                      2nd Tim Sisson       Yam 450
                      3rd  Dave               Banshee
                      4th  Brian                Honda 450
                      5th  Raymond         Banshee
                      6th  Doug               Honda 450
                      7th  Steven            Honda 450
                      8th Derek               250R            DNS
                      9th Gasgas Man     GasGas 300  DNS

oh yeah I forgot to ask you Dave how does that 3rd position feel lol had to do it
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

Scott270r

Hey Chris,

Just wanted to say it was good finally meeting you and so say hello to everyone before I go back to sleep....lol.

P.S. Doug if you are reading this what's up man.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

superstar

Awesome!!!   Thats perfect. well be there.

LT-R450ApK

Good Point Gary how did chris get the exact measurement on the mud slick? ahh ill leave it alone i pick on chris enough as it is! Dont get to comfortable out front there gary!If all goes right Daddy's gonna hve a new bag of tricks here soon Thanks to my New Sponsor M&D Racing ;)
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

z400chic

Had a great time last night. Last night was one of the best track conditions we have seen.  Good to see such a big turn out. Hopefully we will get more people out racin every weekend.
Scott & Derek- glad to see you could make it and it didnt rain. How was the trip home? What happened to Derek in the main?

Quad32x

Good  to  put  some  faces  with  screen  names.  Not  bad  for  your  first  time  Dreth !  Honda328i , glad  to  see  you  have  gotten  past  your  frog  issues.  They  can  scar  you  for  life.  My  round  brother  GASGASMAN  got  to  see  the  track  surface  up  close  but  he  shall  return ! Ware  bros.  looked  good  and  scooter  was  bringing  it  for  Team LFG !  Its  hard  to  get  around  Garys  road  grader  sized  quad.  Mr. Sission  is  one  fast  large  man , gotta  love  an  old  large  man  that  can  roll  like  that !  Had  fun  and  see  yall  next  time ! ;)
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

LT-R450ApK

I agree Dreth and 328i did great for their first time out there! hope to see you guys again,Dave had that Shee Runnin thats the best ive seen that thing run,the track was working for him lastnight!,Wtih a name like Tim you know the old man can bring it!,Thats the last time ill ask Gasgas Hows the track lookin ;) Heal up Brotha its not the same when you and timtation isnt there! Good Seein Everyone Again
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: Scott270r on April 23, 2006, 01:45:30 PM
Hey Chris,

Just wanted to say it was good finally meeting you and so say hello to everyone before I go back to sleep....lol.

P.S. Doug if you are reading this what's up man.

you too scott, hope to see you guys out there agian.
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: 1fastltr450 on April 23, 2006, 12:30:18 PM
they changed our schedule and I got home an hour later.  Thanks Chris for the exact measurements on the water puddles lol.  One suggestion might be to split the beg. class but once again this adds to the time we get home.  I agree with Chris we need to try to start at & and cut down on the intermission and I think things will go real smooth. I thought the track was the most consistant I have ever seen it but there again Tim put water down after every heat which adds to a late night.

I had gary sit on it and it was the same size as his azz.. :P
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: LT-R450ApK on April 23, 2006, 02:53:01 PM
Good Point Gary how did chris get the exact measurement on the mud slick? ahh ill leave it alone i pick on chris enough as it is! Dont get to comfortable out front there gary!If all goes right Daddy's gonna hve a new bag of tricks here soon Thanks to my New Sponsor M&D Racing ;)

I see how it is... the suzuki guys jumping on me! All i can say is bump and run... bump and run...  >:D    Dave will remember this " I was Just tring to rattle his cage"  bristol several years ago...   :-[
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Hoosier Daddy

I have now changed my avator from a banshee to a 250r...
BTW nex race ill be racing beginner with the new motor then ill be moving up...
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

1fastltr450

hey guys Chris will go from running a (stock 2 or 3??r) to next race a with a new motor (stock 2 or 3??r) lol/// oh well scooter just bring it just because you got some tricks dont think DADDY cant pull a trick out from the old hat. Got to say if it is me up front or you and me in 2nd all I can say is it will be them zuki's up front ware they belong. hey ware why are you checking out my a$$ that close this is scary I used to think you as a friend but I dont know anymore lol
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

LT-R450ApK

i hear ya brotha long as them Zuki are run 1st &2nd like they tend to do H3ll Im happy!!!! As far as them tricks go...........
Lets Just Say im Playin with a BIGGER bank account Now haha ;)
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Hoosier Daddy

Quote from: 1fastltr450 on April 23, 2006, 07:11:53 PM
hey guys Chris will go from running a (stock 2 or 3??r) to next race a with a new motor (stock 2 or 3??r) lol/// oh well scooter just bring it just because you got some tricks dont think DADDY cant pull a trick out from the old hat. Got to say if it is me up front or you and me in 2nd all I can say is it will be them zuki's up front ware they belong. hey ware why are you checking out my a$$ that close this is scary I used to think you as a friend but I dont know anymore lol

nah man liz was joking about that junk you carry around..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

dreth

Quote from: LT-R450ApK on April 23, 2006, 02:53:01 PM
Good Point Gary how did chris get the exact measurement on the mud slick? ahh ill leave it alone i pick on chris enough as it is! Dont get to comfortable out front there gary!If all goes right Daddy's gonna hve a new bag of tricks here soon Thanks to my New Sponsor M&D Racing ;)



so your Mom&Dad are now backing you ;D ;D ;)  you looked good out there Scooter..............i know cause i was behind you all night :dunno.gif i need to work on that. i did figure out a few things in that last main race so ill be a little  better next time!


dreth

my opinion is we need an  A, B, C, and begginer class because some of those guys did not belong in class at all.

the track conditions were great in my opinion............1st time ever doing that type of racing but if it gets any better than that ill think im in heaven.

CUT OUT THE INTERMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its way to long and it seems unecessary considering they groom the track throughout the night.


thanks again........................

Scott270r

#20
Quote from: z400chic on April 23, 2006, 03:03:16 PM
Had a great time last night. Last night was one of the best track conditions we have seen.  Good to see such a big turn out. Hopefully we will get more people out racin every weekend.
Scott & Derek- glad to see you could make it and it didnt rain. How was the trip home? What happened to Derek in the main?

Doug,

It looks like Derek lost his crank. We will take it apart next Saturday but if he destroyed the bottom end we will be out for a good while. We might come down and just spectate in the meantime.

Dreth, Quad32, LTR450APK, and many others, sorry I didn't get to meet you. If you guys saw any of the open class race I was on the Yellow 250R. I was in staging when you guys raced so I really didn't get to see much racing either. Gary was out in front and looked good, but there was alot of close racing so it looks like the intermediate class has some tight racing. Our friend Pork Chop(Gary is his real name), had a blast in the beginner class and took hope 3rd in his first race ever on my 400EX.

GasGasman,

I sure hope your O.K. bro. That sure is a neat looking bike you have I had never seen one before last night.
1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

[url="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg"]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg[/url]

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Sounds like you guys had an awsome time. I was set on the 6th to race the minis but we will be there on the 13th.   :ThumbsUp.gif
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

wareracing02, toofittyr

  as most of you know i've been a way from the track for awhile,  but that is going to change, it will be nice to out there with you guys again.
  sat night was really interesting,  i saw a lot of improvement in a number of riders.   i don't thing i want to race against any of you guys or girls anymore  way to fast.   
   everyone please remember, its for fun, ride safe, ride clean.
   
  if you guys will allow me a minute to toot the horn,  team ware,  tyler j. was riding as intense as ever, (he needs flat track tires)  i though dave was looking good when he got the banshee hooked up, and chris, riding my bone stock 250r, put that thing out front in the heat race and kept it there.  i am very proud of the way you guys conduct your selfs and the way you help other rides out, even when they are racing against you.

      papa ware
old school, high teck, toofittyr

1fastltr450

Quote from: wareracing02, toofittyr on April 24, 2006, 02:33:12 PM
  as most of you know i've been a way from the track for awhile,  but that is going to change, it will be nice to out there with you guys again.
  sat night was really interesting,  i saw a lot of improvement in a number of riders.   i don't thing i want to race against any of you guys or girls anymore  way to fast.   
   everyone please remember, its for fun, ride safe, ride clean.
   
  if you guys will allow me a minute to toot the horn,  team ware,  tyler j. was riding as intense as ever, (he needs flat track tires)  i though dave was looking good when he got the banshee hooked up, and chris, riding my bone stock 250r, put that thing out front in the heat race and kept it there.  i am very proud of the way you guys conduct your selfs and the way you help other rides out, even when they are racing against you.

      papa ware

I think you need to get back out there with us we got plenty of classes now come on back out and give it a try,I might would let you run a fast bike if you dont want to run one of those 2sissyr 
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

2fast4u

Chris glad to see you are gonna give that 250r another chance. Sounds like you guys are getting a great turn out up there. Maybe Matt and I will let you guys practice some more before we show up. lol. I would love to be there in may. 1fast250r has 100partsofa250r right now. Myself I have no excuses. I'm sure we will trek up from Naples but probably after summer is over.(Hate Rainouts) Maybe Clewiston will open and you guys can meet us There to race too. I had fun with you guys in Dade City so I'm sure we'll race again soon.
P.S. Spend all the money you want on new quads. The last Racing Quad was rolled out of production after 1989. ;) :bow.gif Yes the Mighty 250r
go fast turn left any questions?

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com