Lost my Best Friend today

Started by TRX450R_Racer, April 19, 2006, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRX450R_Racer

If it seems like I just made a post like this not too long ago, you are right. Eleven months ago I had to put down my 13 1/2 year old Doberman Jake. He had really bad cancer. Two years prior to Jakes death I got another Doberman. A stray from Belle Glade, Cindy. She was 8 years old when she pasted. After 6 weeks of doctors, specialist and countless thousands of dollars, this morning an MRI revealed a tumor on the stem of her brain. So I had no choice but to but her down. Here is a pic of the two of them, she is on the right. She is afraid of the camera, that is why she is looking away.



[attachment deleted by admin]
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

LakeMaryKid

Very sorry to hear that man, we almost just had to put one of ours down. It is one of the worst things in the world to have to do! My condolences to you and your family!
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

stacktester

sorry for your loss Racer. I know it hurts like hell to lose a pet. Hope you have a lot of pics and good memories.
Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend

gery350

i feel for ya. i had to put my german sheperd down a couple years ago and it was the hardest thing i did. i swear i have never seen a more loyal dog. i could get home and smack him silly cause he got in something and that dog never snarred at me and was always happy to see me. the morning i put him down was terrible cause i held him when they gave him the shot and i held him as his life slowly left him.

i dont care what anybody says, no dog will ever replace him.

sorry for your loss.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

briandealy

Sorry about your dog which is mans best friend. My family had a 13 year old dachsund that had a disc go out in his back so he wasn't able to walk on his back legs so I rigged up a leash to take him out to use the restroom. We took him to have back surgery which cost $3,000+ but he was able to walk again. The cost don't matter because they're part of the family. After surgery we foud out he had cancer in his head so we had to put him down and it was terrible. I'm sure you gave him a good home unlike some people that don't care. So try to cheer up because everyone goes thru it.

mikeE36

sorry man. i love dogs and i hate to see this happen.

FishaHallic

That sucks man, I know it's hard but you did the right thing, as much as we love our pets it's hard to let them go when they are suffering.   I have been there myself and I don't want to do it again but our Border Collie is only a year old so hopefully we have another 10-15 yrs with him.   Good luck

wilburz

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Sahara311

I am so sorry for your loss, it brings a tear to my eye just thinking of losing my guys, but I hope these help.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this--the last battle--can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
Don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
You'd not want me to suffer, so.
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me til the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
it is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close--we two--these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

*******************************
The Rainbow Bridge Story
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal who has been especially close to someone dies, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

Animals who were ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them from days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one thing: they miss someone very special to them; the person they left behind.

All of the animals run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. Happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together
2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen

TRX450R_Racer

Thanks everyone your replys mean a lot.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Old_School

TRX450R_Racer - I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I dread the day I have to do the same. I also have a doberman and love him with all my heart. Just remember the good times you had with him. May both rest in peace.  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

raptor426

Sry about ur loss.  I kno how u feel.  :(
2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Clutch

real sorry I love dogs too, hope your hurt eases
700R Big Gun exhaust,Pro Design K&N filter,computer, Pro armor skids, AC blackline nerfs, Look for my 2005 SD Harley edition ITP beadlocks blackpowdercoated ITP HD tires

MAP24

Really sorry for you loss!  I had to do the same to my 14 y/o English Bulldog a few months ago and it hurts tremendously.  I know your pain and I'm really sorry.

The Pet we loved will remain with us forever,
and cherished memories will abide within our hearts
reminding us that the love we shared together is
eternal.  -Amen


geektrx

it's painful  but life goes on and you will always have those 13 years you had with him

my american bulldog pup died at 3 days old and he was the smallest, so i was always hand feeding him and holding him, and spending the most time with him so it really hurt
Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

TRX450R_Racer

There are a lot of good people on this site. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

honda guy250

hy there.. i know exactly how you feel...im 22 now but about 5 or 6 years ago i had to have a dog id had for about 6 years put to sleap due to a heartworm problem...on the 17th of this month i had to put my other dog of 11 years to sleep due to a failing heart and kidneys...so i sympathyze with you and understand.

SwampRat

I have a dog now with terminal cancer and dread the day when I must say goodbye.  You have my deepest sympathy. 
06 F-250 4x4 PSD TowCommand
06 Weekend Warrior FS2300; Onan 4KW Genset
05 Suzuki King Quad; 27" 589's; 2.5 Warn Winch; Garmin Map76 GPS
[url="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg"]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SwampRat_/Avatars/mudriders.jpg[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com