just how long............

Started by klutchbuster400, April 18, 2006, 09:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klutchbuster400

Well my two month of no riding mark has officially past. Sucks pretty bad when you have all these oppurtunities to ride, and you're not injured, but you just cant go because your bike isnt working. SinceIthink everything happens for a reason im not going to complain that much, but it sure gets annoying!!!!
Even worse is dad working his butt off, and he's pretty much the only one who can do anything to try and fix it, unless we take it too a shop, which is even more time, and money, which is pretty crucial now a days. My mom told me the other day that all he thinks about whenver he has free time is fixing my bike so HE can take ME riding.
love ya dad!! :Hug.gif :ThumbsUp.gif


So on the side note, whats the longest you've ever been without riding?
i'm on my two month mark and hope it goes away very soon.....

Chevy1500z71

bout a month wene i was grounded

Hawgin4x4

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

LostCause

8 years....Sold my quad to get married with the understanding that I could get another one.  Well that didn't happen.  To make a long story short.....I've been ridin again for 3 years.
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

odysseybmx

3 months bike was broken and was not home to fix it

Exmx54

I know all about not riding with my motor liking to break and frames liking to snap! Bones also like to break. I think my most time off was when I broke my wrist last year, that was like a good 11 or 12 weeks

PowerStroke 7.3

5 months......broken bones....no bike......then bike broke.....
03 Z450- JB frame and subframe, JB swingarm, Laeger Protraxx arms and stem, PEP shocks, Yoshi 450 kit, baldwin head,Sparks pipe, DG bumper, DG skidplate,DG grabbar,Quadtech shrouds, much moreGONE
2004 Walsh/Elka Yfz450GONE
2006 TM LTR450...Rath nerfs,bumper,houser stem,fastco bars. Come to come#112

Dr.Dirt


Ida_Mann

in '96 I ran away from home and the parental units sold my '87 LT230, in 2004 I finally got my 400EX and went riding again.

so a little under 8 years.

what's wrong with the quad?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Dr.Dirt

Quote from: Ida_Mann on April 19, 2006, 07:29:49 AM
in '96 I ran away from home and the parental units sold my '87 LT230, in 2004 I finally got my 400EX and went riding again.

so a little under 8 years.

what's wrong with the quad?

Id@

I don't think they know yet, they are trying to diagnose the problem but can't figure it out. They have replaced Carbs, CDI boxes, etc. and gotten no where.  :-\

MuddFreak77

What is it doing or not doing?  Is it running at all?  Will it fire up and then sputter?  I would check the grounds to the frame (if not already done), if they are corroded might be the problem.  Without more info of what its doing cannot offer any more suggestions.

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

garym

freak,

worry about your own bike.  I don't want to have to tow you again next time we ride. 

PS I just STARTED riding 9 months ago so I waited 40 years...

gery350

well i have tongiht and friday night off so i'm gonna put it together and start calling around to see who can fix it.
it sucks man. i tell ya its weird as heck. sputtering at high rpm like the cdi rev limiter kickin in but bought one on ebay and same thing. maybe the one i bought is no good too. nut whatever idont know what else to do.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

MuddFreak77

Quote from: gery350 on April 19, 2006, 01:48:19 PM
well i have tongiht and friday night off so i'm gonna put it together and start calling around to see who can fix it.
it sucks man. i tell ya its weird as heck. sputtering at high rpm like the cdi rev limiter kickin in but bought one on ebay and same thing. maybe the one i bought is no good too. nut whatever idont know what else to do.

Gary, I re-jetted my quad and it seems to be running, well does the word WOW say anything???......

Gery350
     Again, I would check all of the ground wires that are attached to the frame for corresion (sp?).
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

gery350

thanks freak. im gonna try it tonight before putting it together. ???
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com