Raptor 700 v. DS 650x

Started by Anoriginal, April 10, 2006, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

Dynodon:

Chillin told me about your bike and said it was real nice. I appreciate the offer to try yours and I will take you up on it. I will more than likely come ride at "you know where" next month with Chillin. I used to ride there back in the ATC 250r days all the time.

I look forward to meeting you. I will not buy until I ride both. More and more folks seem to like the DS. I stopped into the local dealer here in Bradenton yesterday; however, they had none in stock. Talk to you soon.

thanks

cutngrs

like dino sayed  i will take my ds in onf and spank  any rapterd  the trails out there are planty wide  crome is a bit on the tite side   the ds is a much more powerfull  quad it has a lot of midrange  and for a big guy you will love it  and i too will be there  you know where  and you can ride mine 
THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

dynodon

We will see you fellas " you know where"  8)
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

debatethis

I owned an 04 DS and loved it. It has tons of power, awesome suspension, and is an all around great quad. It is the only one outside Honda that I've seen professionals call a "bulletproof" engine. It has great quality parts and is built to last. From the long travel suspension, to the 530 O-ring chain, to the durablue guaranteed axle, and stainless steel braided lines. The down side is that it site high and is not very capable on mx tracks if you want to compete with the smaller lighter 450's.
The Yamaha sits much lower and is not quite as wide and also has good power, but for a bigger man the DS is the way to go. It really does handle like a Cadillac with that smooth suspension and tons of power. Also for a couple hundred dollars in mods you will outrun just about anything unless it has a couple thousands worth of mods.
I suggest taking Dynodon or Cableguy up on taking theirs for a spin. Cableguy has his set up like mine except for the ported intake (which can be done at home with a dremel). That mod greatly improves throttle response and troque. not bad for a free mod.
Either way good luck with your purchase.
The world is filled with hypocrites and martyrs....the difference is one has the nerve to stand tall against injustice while the other uses injustice to stand tall

"I don't trust anything that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die "

floridaatv.com Home of the Short Bus !

bluesman

IAM 6 FT 3 AND 300LBS AND I LOVE MY DS650!

Hawgin4x4

find some people who have these bikes and ride em, or go to the dealership and take a test ride.
I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.

rubicon500kid

i would get the ds 650 they r so fast and nice  and they r very comfortable
i road one this past weekend and it was sooo fast all it had was LT duel exhaust  and boy its nice  this will be my next atv if i dont get a 450r
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Anoriginal

Thanks for the continued comments. The DS is looking more and more favorable to me.

TurboBanshee_kid

I would buy a 2007 Raptor 700R. Yamaha will have work out all the little bugs by then! Just my 2 cents!
New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs

RAD 450r

Theres barely if any bugs, Why wait 4 months??
XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L

Clutch

I don't know what bugs he is talking about, does he own a 700R?
700R Big Gun exhaust,Pro Design K&N filter,computer, Pro armor skids, AC blackline nerfs, Look for my 2005 SD Harley edition ITP beadlocks blackpowdercoated ITP HD tires

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com