Another Durhamtown?

Started by Zoomer, April 14, 2006, 12:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoomer

Has anyone heard of Broad River ATV?  It sounds like another DP.  Our family is planning on checking it out this summer if anyone has been there let us know how it is?  It is somewhere south of Macon,GA.  There website is www.BroadRiverATV.com.

qt314nfla

Ask Seebeejim.  He was there not too long ago.  We might be going but it won't be until June.

Zoomer

It looks like we are going to be there around June 5th.  We are going to Coal Creek in Tennessee the last week in May.  Never been there  but it sure looks cool.  Coal Creek was listed as on of the top 10 places to ride in the US on ATV Pathfinder website.

Bigscrb15

It's nowhere near South of Macon, its actually a little north of Durhamtown, just south of Athens. It is supposed to be a lot better than Durhamtown if you like mud. I don't know how it is for sport bikes though. We are plannin goin up there sometime soon hopefully. Lauren, let us know when in June if ya'll go thats gonna be about when we want to head up there. Jessica lives about an hour away from there :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Zoomer

Thanks, now that I have had time to map out our trip I found out exactly where it is.  We are planning to go to Tennessee first and then come back down through Georgia and ride Broad River and Durhamtown area for 4-5 days.

qt314nfla

Our plan is to head for Texas June 14th to ride where they have the mudbog nationals.  From there we are tenatively hitting Red Creek Mississippi next, then over to Georgia and possibly Broad River and/or Durhamtown.  And back to Florida on Sunday or Monday 18-19th.

I'm not sure where exactly we are going or what the plan is.  All I know for sure is I'm taking time off work and going to be riding somewhere.

Bigscrb15

Alright, well let us know. We won't do the Texas or Red Creek, but the weekend of the 16th-18th is the weekend we were plannin Broad River, but Durhatown is great fun also.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

otto

Does anyone know what the rules are for Broad River? I have a 2 year old son I would like to take on a slow trail ride with me riding double.
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

randyz

Just got back from Broadriver a week ago.  Saw a few people riding two up, I dont think they would have a problem with it.  They do require everyone to wear a helmet though. 

cycole

They did have a forum that is down @ the moment
You can email them and they will answer all ?
I think that you can ride 2 up but you  must have a
Helmet.


                                      Cheers,CyCole
2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger

otto

Thanks. Yes I verified 2 up is ok. I am planning to visit in June.

Quote from: randyz on April 19, 2006, 07:33:45 AM
Just got back from Broadriver a week ago.  Saw a few people riding two up, I dont think they would have a problem with it.  They do require everyone to wear a helmet though. 

Did you like it randyz?
05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member

randyz

I did like it.  However it was a 400 mile one way drive.  The folks who work there were super.  I didnt realize it but they dont serve food everyday, we went on a day they dont serve.  I was there with my 10 year old son who was pretty hungry by lunch time.  Even though they were not serving lunch when the lady working the office found out my son was hungry she made us some hotdogs.  She certainly didnt have to do that but that shows what kind of people work there.  It has a nice main trail that is plenty wide for passing.  They keep it smoothed out and running at 25mph on a utility atv was no problem at all.  They have some small jumps and big mudholes on the main loop but each obstacle has a bypass.  They have a kids mx track and an adult mx track.  My son loved both.  The trails run off the main loop and are all marked with name and difficulty level.  We stuck to the easy/moderate trails and they were fun for him to ride.  I'd do it again just for the chance to take my son on a trip and spend the quality time.  As far as riding we have just as much fun at Scottsmoor and its only 45 mins away.  I would say try it though, I'm glad I did.

AintSkeered

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

stew12878

Randy, where in Scottsmoor do you ride? I live north of there and am curious.
If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space.

05 Polaris Sportsman 500 h.o.
05 Polaris Trailboss 330
04 Yerf dog 90

randyz