Main Menu

GPS

Started by bombmom, April 13, 2006, 02:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombmom

What is the best handheld GPS system???  Thanks

Ida_Mann

if that aint a loaded question, I don't know what is.

by the best,,,,you need to say how it's gonna be used because you can spend anything from $150 to $1K for "the best".

I like my Garmin eTrex Legend,,,load it with topo maps of ONF and I don't think it can be beat unless you get the color version,,,,and I think you can pick one up for about $100-150.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Chris505

for use in the car- boat- and atv the best is the garmin 276c
it is at the top end of that price range but if you use it like i do it is well worth the $
i have made some nice routes threw the ONF with this unit with cross-overs at # roads.and dead ends..

I almost can get from rodmans damm alll the way down to scrub and a little south to sr 42 without
riding on a # road..
it is an awesome unit capatable with the topo maps and computer intergration(sp?) 
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

bombmom

Thank you for the info :)

wilburz

Garmin E-trex is on sale at Outdoor world this weekend for 130.00. I paid 160.00 for mine.
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Chris505 on April 13, 2006, 02:49:25 AM
for use in the car- boat- and atv the best is the garmin 276c
it is at the top end of that price range but if you use it like i do it is well worth the $
i have made some nice routes threw the ONF with this unit with cross-overs at # roads.and dead ends..

I almost can get from rodmans damm alll the way down to scrub and a little south to sr 42 without
riding on a # road..
it is an awesome unit capatable with the topo maps and computer intergration(sp?) 

you need a GPS for that? ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Moose

Hit search at the top, and enter GPS. Lots of good info to be had, been tossed around many times.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen