RODMAN DAM CLEANUP RIDE FEB 19 SIGN UP HERE

Started by Redgrizzly660, February 06, 2005, 07:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgrizzly660

The list to clean up Rodman Dam President's weekend. .
Meet at Rodman 8 am Saturday Febuary 19  
[/color]
Seabee will bring his truck to bring back the trash with him.

Grizz
Mama Grizz
Kodiak Girl
Lowe rider
Bigred
Budman
It's my quad
Mudbug
Broncoman
Bigworm
Id@ mann
Jbbj220
Bigpimping
Seabee  
Autotek   
Thrasher
NPR VINSON
LTZ 400 APK
Honda 328 I
Chuck Norris
IT 200
BiggPimpin

Here is the new list so if u want to join us please let me know
remember  that Elite cabin are full.I am staying at ELITE SITE NUMBER 170

U can  E=Maill me at Redgrizzly660@aol.com

budman

Wow,.... read 32 times and I'm the first post. In case you did't know, this is a 3 day weekend, and I'm riding ALL 3 DAYS!
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Bigred


BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

budman

And we still have Sunday and M ;Donday to ride
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Thrasher

#5
a definate maybe..


this is the kind of ride that if someone had a dinky utility trailer to pull behind them for trash..that might be handy , whoops maybe rough tho..

:/
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

Ocala_Redhead

Good evening all.  I'm one of the Off Highway Vehicle Volunteer Hosts that you met at the MLK weekend ride here on the Ocala NF.  I today met with the folks in the Lake George Ranger District about your proposed cleanup and I have good news and bad news.

First, the bad news:  The Forest Service will not be able to provide a dumpster for you for these days for several reasons, nor can it officially sanction this event.  The most important thing to know is that government agencies move slowly;  if you want to reschedule for mid-April, we can probably work things out.  Let's just say that there are a lot of things that happened (not with the volunteers) the last time a group tried a clean-up, and there are lots of details that need to be worked out.

THE GOOD NEWS:  While the FS can not officially sanction or participate in that President's weekend cleanup, if each of you that rides in the forest that day takes a trash bag, picks up along your ride, and takes that bag home with you, that would be great!  The FS just can not provide a dumpster or trash disposal area in February, nor does it have sufficient lead time to work out the details of any official event that weekend.

For your planning pleasures, you should probably plan a lead time of at least three months to permit an event, such as a ride;  it would probably be best if you run the date by the USFS before you broadcast it formally, as there may be other conflicting activities going on in the forest.

Hope this helps clarify things.

budman

Speaking for myself here....
Re: The bad news....While I would like the Forest Service to sanction this "event", it is not neccesary for me to pick up some trash. I know that I will make a difference.
The Good News... I'm still going and going to have fun....
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Redgrizzly660

Well I guess we will have to bring the trash back with us.
Trasher is right I am bringing a small trailer to carry the bulk trash back to the truck. I was going to Salt Spring any way because it's a 4 day weekend for the kids here in Dade and Broward county.

The Grizz

Da_Mtg_Man

#9
QuoteGood evening all.  I'm one of the Off Highway Vehicle Volunteer Hosts that you met at the MLK weekend ride here on the Ocala NF.  I today met with the folks in the Lake George Ranger District about your proposed cleanup and I have good news and bad news.

First, the bad news:  The Forest Service will not be able to provide a dumpster for you for these days for several reasons, nor can it officially sanction this event.  The most important thing to know is that government agencies move slowly;  if you want to reschedule for mid-April, we can probably work things out.  Let's just say that there are a lot of things that happened (not with the volunteers) the last time a group tried a clean-up, and there are lots of details that need to be worked out.

THE GOOD NEWS:  While the FS can not officially sanction or participate in that President's weekend cleanup, if each of you that rides in the forest that day takes a trash bag, picks up along your ride, and takes that bag home with you, that would be great!  The FS just can not provide a dumpster or trash disposal area in February, nor does it have sufficient lead time to work out the details of any official event that weekend.

For your planning pleasures, you should probably plan a lead time of at least three months to permit an event, such as a ride;  it would probably be best if you run the date by the USFS before you broadcast it formally, as there may be other conflicting activities going on in the forest.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Ocala_Redhead,
Thank you so much for joining our site. You are welcomed with open arms.
The bad news is not such bad news, We simply want to make a presence and let it be known to every official in ONF that we want to help make a difference in our cherished riding areas.
 We will be putting together another cleanup ride and will talk with Lake George to get their permission.  
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

CAOSPOP

Im going count me in with 2. Het grizz can cristy and I stay with you. I'll pay.

AutoTek


NPRVinson

I'm in, I don't think I have to work but won't know for sure until a couple of days before.

Thrasher

#13
Hea, Ocala Redhead, and thanx for the info!
as mtg_man said, the bad news isn't really that bad, we just use the alternate method of disposing it...take it...I got a truck, it's not like it's gonna stink up my cab, and I don't mind. :D


u ,know...I just realized something else...and this has to change :)

seems like every time we get an Ocala ride setup, it's the SAME WEEKENDS AS MUD SWEAT AND GEARS! whats up with that?

I wanna do both and I cannot split myself AND my quad to be at both places at once!

oh if such traumas in life were this trivial..

now i'm not sure of which to do!


2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

budman

#14
April ride and MSG are 2 different weekends....
I pointed that out before...conflicting dates..hate that...
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Redgrizzly660

Quoteu ,know...I just realized something...and this has to change :)

seems like every time we get an Ocala ride setup, it's the SAME WEEKENDS AS MUD SWEAT AND GEARS! whats up with that?

I wanna do both and I cannot split myself AND my quad to be at both places at once!

oh if such traumas in li.
fe were this trivial..

now i'm not sure of which to do!



This will be a 4 day weekend for some of us There is a limit of how many time U can go in the same mud hole.

So Thrasher I will make the decision I will put you down for Rodman Dam clean-up

The Grizz

budman

QuoteThis will be a 4 day weekend for some of us There is a limit of how many time U can go in the same mud hole.

So Thrasher I will make the decision I will put you down for Rodman Dam clean-up

The Grizz


I second that...as long as we don't have to tow you around... ;D
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

NPRVinson

QuoteThis will be a 4 day weekend for some of us There is a limit of how many time U can go in the same mud hole.

So Thrasher I will make the decision I will put you down for Rodman Dam clean-up

The Grizz


LOL That's one way to get more help.

Thrasher

I guess I am going to Rodman that weekend...

heh



Budman, i'll call u shortly, I was in a meeting when u called before.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

TandBlove2ride

We are not able to help, that weekend. That is also the Daytona 500 race. That is where we will be.  We want to help next one. We enjoy clean ups and grooming the trails. ( if you do that here )  Watch for traffic, it is going to be awfull.   :o  :o

Till we ride again!
Brenda

Ida_Mann

I will make the cleanup ride if I can, I am planning on a couple of friends coming up to the cabin and us all studying(Mikes and Corey, you know what for) and believe it or not, very limited riding.

If I can convince my friends to come and help, that will be two more sets of hands, but they don't have quads.

Id@

ps: I am officially a resident of Salt Springs, so I have access to the trash sites on 88 and in Ft. McCoy and can take a trailer full of trash if needed.

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

I also may be taking off that Friday, so I'd like to be up there Thursday evening,,,,so if anyone wants to ride on Friday, I can lead a small group around the good trails ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Thrasher

I wont be there on friday till l8r on...probably 8ish...

I do have monday off, so I'll stay till sometime monday then head back home.
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

LTZ400ApK

We'll ill see if i can get a few friends together,if not ill be there

Ocala_Redhead

You are the best!  Thanks for being so proactive on this.  I just found out something that may be a real bonus for you.  I mentioned before that there were lots of other activities going on that weekend.....well, one of them is a press day/ecology fair at Rodman on the Greenways side.  I understand that  media will be there, along with some visiting dignitaries.  I certainly think if the press finds out what you're doing, there will be some who will stop by with their cameras and provide some hot publicity for atvflorida.com!  You might want to see if you can designate someone to talk with the media, should that occur.

If any of you have any identifying t-shirts, you might want to wear them for the cleanup.

Also, if you don't fill your trucks and stuff with the Rodman trash, I've been advised there's an area on 31 near Hog Valley that's being used as an illegal dump.  If, on your way out, you wanted to take your licensed vehicles by and toss in some of that, the Forest Service would be grateful.

We're looking forward to seeing you that morning.  We'll be there with the rules/regs/map handouts for anyone that doesn't have one or needs another, and to be of help anyway we can.


Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com