Need Help!! (kodiak 400 '06)

Started by Big Kev, March 26, 2006, 08:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Kev

I went riding today in some water pits, and my back racks where under for a bit (engine still going) and got pulled out...Now it seems like it won't go out of first gear (kodiak 06 is ultramatic belt drive)..I emptied the belt drive drain and it still is running slow,I can reverse fine and it when going in drive it is topping like 12 miles per hour...any soloutions? I guess it would be tranny??
[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled

2006YFZ450

Did you check the Oil???

Check your Air Filter and make sure it's clean

You might have to change the Oil & Oil filter if water/mud got in thier.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

qt314nfla

No might in the oil.  Darn good chance you got water in it.  If it's milky you'll have to do several changes before it's back to the color it should be.

Also check your front and rear differentials.  Probably have to change them also.  Check the air box.  Check transmission oil.  Also might need to change the belt.  That it's slipping when you get the speed up.

Big Kev

I did get a keep getting water in the belt drive, if i leave plug open will it possibly air out?? Checked oil and it was normal but going to change tommrow, never hurts.
[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled

qt314nfla

Not likely to dry out.  You need a new belt.  Also if you're going to play in water like that you  may consider snorkeling it.

MuddFreak77

At least snorkel the front and rear diff's, Tranny/Belt housing up to the handle bars.  if you want to snorkel the air intake also there is a good chance you will need to rejet the carb. 

     I snorkeled my rincon and I'm now running lean and its causing a hot condition.  I need to install a fatter jet, cause after snorkeling its basically an open intake.  More air same fuel is lean, less air same fuel is rich mixture.

Freakk
Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!


'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand

Big Kev

Ahh, I just hope I can get it fixed for April 7-9 C & R motorsports event.  :-\
[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled

Joedirt

Sounds like you got the belt soaked , it will dry out ..pull the plug and let it idle , revving it up in neutral , this "should"get the water out of the belt housing , that sounds like why you could not go fast..as a safe measure you may want to open the belt housingĀ  up and visually check the belt for chunks missing , then of course check your oil , if it milky start draining it and replacing it and the filter , then do it again until it runs clear. Let me know if I can help any further or if it helps at all.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Big Kev

I'll try that. I checked the oil and it looked clean..but going to change anyways.
[url="http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg"]http://home.comcast.net/~kevindmb88/KodiCrap1.jpg[/url]
06' Kodiak 400 4x4.
     -Overfenders
     -26" 589's
     -K&N air filter
     -2500 Warn Winch
     -Snorkeled