Vinson 500cc Sluggish on Bottom End.

Started by Bigscrb15, March 24, 2006, 03:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigscrb15

I have not ridden my quad since March 5th and that was in Georgia. I had the quad COVERED in mud and spent all of my afternoon washing it the day I got back. It has sat in my warehouse since then. When I went to ride it this afternoon it felt very very sluggish on the bottom end. I didnt have much time to look at it but the air filter was fine. What else could cause this? I am going to go look at it tomorrow but want some ideas of what to look at. just throw out any ideas. I have never worked on the engines on these things before so if its a carb problem im screwed.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Dr.Dirt

It sounds like a carb problem to me. Probably got dirt in it...Take it off, spray it down with some carb cleaner...also, you might want to check this out, it will help keep dirt out of your carb. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3037&navTitle=Motorcycle+Accessories&webCatId=19&webTypeId=60&navType=type

qt314nfla

Drain the gas and put new gas in....that's in addition to checking the carb like dr.dirt suggested.  There may be dirt in there.  Check your fuel filter also, not likely but something to check.

Joedirt

It is a Suzuki so we know nothing major.....probably a clogged carb vent line.....I would change gas as well...
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Bigscrb15

Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2006, 02:52:04 PM
It is a Suzuki so we know nothing major.....probably a clogged carb vent line.....I would change gas as well...

Yea, i knew it couldn't be anything bad. Pretty good that I have had the quad over a year with hundreds of miles and this is the first problem i have ever had and its not even that big a deal, just a pain in the butt.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Joedirt

Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on March 24, 2006, 02:54:04 PM
Quote from: Joedirt on March 24, 2006, 02:52:04 PM
It is a Suzuki so we know nothing major.....probably a clogged carb vent line.....I would change gas as well...

Yea, i knew it couldn't be anything bad. Pretty good that I have had the quad over a year with hundreds of miles and this is the first problem i have ever had and its not even that big a deal, just a pain in the butt.


well get on it!!.....I will be working into the night tonight to finish my snorkles on the Grizz....for the weekend...:)
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Bigscrb15

well, it seems to be running good now. i drained the fuel out of the carb and then pulled off the thing that flies by your head at 90mph while the spring gets lost under the quad. once i found all the parts i got it back together and it worked! don't know what i did but i don't care either, lol.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."