No High RPM????

Started by gotmonkeys1, March 09, 2006, 01:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gery350

thats awesome bill. glad to hear it.
hey why dont ya rub some of that stuff on my sons bike.
i'm waiting for the coil but it seems like i'm going around in circles.
well hopefully my sons will ne next.
gery
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Old_School

Quote from: gotmonkeys1 on March 16, 2006, 11:52:12 PM
Well the suspition of the carb being to big was right. i took a chance and out the 155 main jet  back in and i solved most of the problem. It ran great but still had a little bute of break up at top end. So i took the air box lid off and HHHHoooooollllllllyyyyyyy SSSSHHHH@#$#@#$$#@#$ttttttt. The bike just came right alive. No bogging or missing. I just need to make sure i am not running to lean now. i want thank all that posted and gave me suggestion, especially old school. Whith out your help i dont think i would have figured it out. I would have had to take it to a shop and pay an arm and a leg to get it fixed. Old school, let me know when you want to come up and try out my little area. That goes for the rest of you that posted a reply to my cry for help.      Thanks again,   Bill :T

Awesome Bill! I figured it was timing or too much fuel but hard to tell on the internet. Glad you got it running right. When my friend took my airbox lid off for the first time I stood the bike straight up not knowing the powerband was going to hit so hard. I got the pics looks pretty cool. I like place that I can open the bike up. Let me know when you are going.  -Mark

EDIT: Gery, is this the same quad that you had the prob with when you posted a thread about a month ago? Carb probs?  -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

gotmonkeys1

There is one thing i am still a little confused about. The 155 jet that i put in, that is the jet that i origanally started with in the beggining. So it is possible that there was a problem in the electical dept. to. Either way, atleast i know that all that stuff is new and upgraded, and shouldnt give me a problem for some time. I am going to play with the jetting a little more, just to make sure i am not running to lean. Whats your opinion on that carb? Do you think it is to much for the stock top end? I plan on going to the spot on sunday. If you want to go just give me a ring and i will give you directions. My number is in my origanall post.   Thanks   BIll

knucklehead

GREAT ! now are you interested in fixing mine LOL :D I only need a little bottom end work  ;)
85 lt250r quadracer

03 z400 with mods

Im not fat Im squeezable

Old_School

Bill, with no porting and stock bore I would say that the carb might be a little too big but you could always raise the needle and lean out the main and idle and see where you stand. No sense in getting rid of a good carb if you can make it work. Try that then if it does't work then buy a stock carb and sell the PJ.

Knucklehead, rebuilding bottom ends I'm still new at it. To be honest I usually have that work done somewhere. That way if any of it breaks I can go back and have them fix what they didn't rebuild right or get some of my money back..... well at least try.  ;) But if you need someone to disassemble it I'm good at that.  ;D   -Mark
90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd

knucklehead

Oldschool I was just kidding  :) because I am concidering having ATP do it but I just want to get a ballpark from them and try to build up as much as I can so I learn something for the next time this happens. who have you had do yours so I can compare prices. I am mechanicaly inclined so I can send this motor to them if I need to ...Thanks for all your insight    mike
85 lt250r quadracer

03 z400 with mods

Im not fat Im squeezable

Quad32x

Glad  to  hear  you  got  the  beast  going !  Now  go  do  some  riding  for  me ! ;) ;D
Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32

gery350

Quote from: Old_School on March 17, 2006, 02:54:32 PM
EDIT: Gery, is this the same quad that you had the prob with when you posted a thread about a month ago? Carb probs?  -Mark

yeah it sure is,. that thing still aint runnin. i ordered a coil on ebay. we'll see.
thanks bud.
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

gotmonkeys1

Hey grey350, who did you order the coil on ebay from? The company i ordered from(on ebay) was out of alabama and i took 14 days to get it. They claimed to have fast shipping. Hopfully it wasnt the same company i ordered from. Best of luck.     Bill

gery350

i bought a used one from buyer id "bear81"
hopefully it will work but as the days progress it just gets more and more frustrating. i repair cars which are much more complex then these bikes and this ones got me pulling my hairs out.
damn leprechauns! >:(

thanks bill.
i'll keep ya'll posted. ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]