Holey Land is the best place since BadLuck now.

Started by JackL, March 16, 2006, 11:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackL

Went out for a quick ride Sunday afternoon. I normally park at the bridge and ride that area on the south side.
This time I went to the end by the pumphouse and entered at the sign going northward.

What an great place, rode the trails and holes back there for hours before
sinking my bike in a serious hole at dusk...

Long story short, I walked out monday AM at a great drop in on the very west side of the area N26.36035 W80.79321 three miles from the sign. lol
Very great trail if you have a GPS check it out!!

Went back with the boys yesterday and pulled it out and rode the place best we could all day. I love it, it is close and legal. I recommend it highly and will be back ASAP!!!!

A good tip for that area is, don't expect to run into ANYONE out there past 6:00 pm on Sunday evening, MetroPCS sucks and walking ten miles on the
gravel road isn't fun at all. I'll never be parking way down there again!

Have some pics to post, I guess I'll put them in the pictures forum.

I suppose riding alone isn't very smart either...

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

AintSkeered

FYI - It is illegal($50 fine) to ride on the north side(Holeyland WMA) where you were riding. That is, from the end of coot hunting season(January) until 1 May. But, it is legal to ride on the south side(Everglades WMA). See ya there late Saturday afternoon/night!
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

dirtyface

06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

Thrumud

My crew and I do some night rides when the north side is open and man let me tell you that is an awesome ride.  Better have your quad equiped with some major lights if you plan to ride at night.  There is a great trail that very few know about in the north side but after Hurricane Wilma passed thru alot of knocked down trees and it's tough to pass the trails.  I have to say Holey Land is the next best place to ride after Badluck. 

Just please keep your speed under 25mph on the levys.
[url="http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png"]http://www.floridaatvrally.com/images/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

bigAl300ex

I've been wanting to ride Holey Land but have never been there.  Is it dry for sport quads at this time and are there good/plenty of trails or mostly levy riding?  Could also use specific directions on how to get there and a good place to park for trail heads (if there are some).  I live in Miami and have no problem driving for a good place to ride.  I know, lots of questions but it's getting frustrating finding good places to ride lately.  And many of you are definitely right about Badluck being the best place to ride in south Florida.  I use to go there all the time :'(.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

LTR450 994

Quote from: bigAl300ex on March 17, 2006, 10:17:41 AM
I've been wanting to ride Holey Land but have never been there.  Is it dry for sport quads at this time and are there good/plenty of trails or mostly levy riding?  Could also use specific directions on how to get there and a good place to park for trail heads (if there are some).  I live in Miami and have no problem driving for a good place to ride.  I know, lots of questions but it's getting frustrating finding good places to ride lately.  And many of you are definitely right about Badluck being the best place to ride in south Florida.  I use to go there all the time :'(.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
its great for sport quads when its dry like now. i was there this past sunday and rode my raptor just about every where.

directions: take us27 north to the broward / palm beach county line then make a left on the paved road and follow that till the paved road ends and you will see all the people parked there on the sides. about 45 min drive from Miami

Simulcaster

Does anyone ride bikes out there? Are they allowed? I saw a few weeks ago in the paper a young kid was killed out there. He wanted to do one more jump before loading up. The article metioned his "Bike" broke sending him into a tree. I was always under the assumption it was hunting property. Thanks for all the info everyone provides.

dirtyface

06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

AintSkeered

Tom, it'll prolly will turn into a Saturday night. However, I may have the old ball-and-chain with me to dampen our pleasure. LOL. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon. The tentative plan is to get there around 4:30pm. I'll PM you with my cell #. So far, I've only got my 14 y.o.(very good rider) on a Raptor 350 and my buddy Steve(you met) with his new Honda Rincon 650. But, I'm hoping Larry and the rest of the boys will go. 
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

dirtyface

Steve got the new bike. Good. Hope larry can go too. I haven't talked to keeter. maybe he might go. I will go out eariler saturday for a day ride, also. And then  I'll meet up with you guys for a night ride. Talk to you soon.
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

JackL

Quote from: AintSkeered on March 16, 2006, 09:27:14 PM
FYI - It is illegal($50 fine) to ride on the north side(Holeyland WMA) where you were riding. That is, from the end of coot hunting season(January) until 1 May. But, it is legal to ride on the south side(Everglades WMA). See ya there late Saturday afternoon/night!

I would PAY $50 to ride there!! Hell, I wish they would have "busted" me in the middle of sunday night.
Thanks for the heads up though.
Saturday it is!!! I had some good fun on the north side as well. WTF is that big camp with the full tracks right by the pump house?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

dirtyface

Jackl, What time you going out saturday. I will be there are 11:00 am If nothing happens from now till then.
Do you mean the camp south of the road?
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

JackL

Quote from: dirtyface on March 17, 2006, 08:15:08 PM
Jackl, What time you going out saturday. I will be there are 11:00 am If nothing happens from now till then.
Do you mean the camp south of the road?


Yeah, south of the road...I guess I will find out myself tonight. :)
Hope to see you guys out there, going around 3:00 pm or so if all goes well.
I got a red Vinson with stock tires...can't miss it.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

dirtyface

Did not see you jackl. I am going out again tomorrow. I drive a green h2.
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

rubicon500kid

can u drive a jeep out there in the mud ?
my dad just got a jeep with a lift and sum 33s and he wnats to take it mudding next weekend with me
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

AintSkeered

A jeep can go out there now. It's so dry that it'll be turning to dust in another week or two. Night ride, next Fri or Sat from  the bridge to I75 and back.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Metalcore4x4

unforntunatly...aintskeered its correct...I got busted for riding in holylands a few weeks ago...The FWC officer said that it is mating season until may 30th. And it is the same every year. It is also illegal to ride in rotenberger(west side of the L-5 pump. I like ridin in Area 3...lots of mud and i have a camp out there  about 9 miles off the levy. Its a really great place.

rubicon500kid

so trucks could go off the levy ? also dose any 1 have a map to show where to go and not to go ? thanks
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

dirtyface

Enjoyed riding with you last night, Robert and meeting your family. I am in for the night ride next weekend for sure. I am heading out in a little while maybe I will see you there.
06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com