HOW MANY DRAG RACERS WILL SHOW IF I BUILD A TRACK IN ORLANDO

Started by LE450-RACER#77, March 16, 2006, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LE450-RACER#77

I am thinking of starting a drag race in Orlando & wondering how many of you will show every 2 weeks ? The races will be on Friday nights with registration from 6 to 8:00 & races starting at 9 sharp. It will be at Jesse Blacks Saloon on Oakridge Rd.


Tell me who will show & we will make it happen within 3 to 4 weeks.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

Blue160

well that sounds like fun if i get my new quad i would try racing but it is only a 96 warrior or a 02 lakota with mods so i am sure i wont ever win. but if there were different classes i would give it a shot.
Jason
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
2002 Kawasaki Lakota 300
2004 Suzuki Quadsport 250

superstar


dynodon

Stevie my brotha, You know all of the "old" crew form Salts will be there. The only bad thing is on oakridge??, What end of it are we talking about ?? Just dont want to have to chain down the bikes when not running them. ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Blue160

i would say it is on the end that you have to chain them down my buddy worked at the saloon there and it wasnt the best part of town since while we were close by a guy walked into a taco bell and threated to blow them up. but he didnt even have a bomb just some homeless dude. i have only been there once so dont know to well.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
2002 Kawasaki Lakota 300
2004 Suzuki Quadsport 250

Hoosier Daddy

well if its in the hood.. i dunno... I dont feel like carring a pistol to keep my stuff from getting stolen..   If its not... then Im all for it!
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Ida_Mann

I'd show,,,just not sure if I'd race, but I'd be there.

is there gonna be a class for fat guys with no nitrous? ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

RTR_380/450R

Im from the hood! So I dont give a shizzit! Ill be there!
RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com

cutngrs

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL

knucklehead

85 lt250r quadracer

03 z400 with mods

Im not fat Im squeezable

Chuck_Norris

I love the idea but to far for me to roll especially on a Friday night when I dont get off work until 7:00pm sometimes

PAPA_TRIBAL

As bad as I would like to see a new track in FLA.. I wouldn't be able to make it. My work week is Monday nite thru Friday nite. :( :( :( Its a great Ideal though Steve.. Good Luck!!!

535banshee

i would love to go but friday night is out for me. how much shut down

LE450-RACER#77

The bar is right outside of thehood but they have a chain link fence around the parking lot & security walking around so you wouldn't have to worry about your bikes when not racing. We are feeling it out to see if it would be worth it or not to start something like this on Friday nights. Saturday night is to busy to have the races so it would need to be on Friday night if we are going to do it. Let me know if you guys want this to happen or not. If you want it to happen then it can so I will leave it up to ya'll. We should be able to do either a 200' with 300' shut down or possibly a 300 with more shut down. I need to go out & do some layout of where we would put it & then I will know more.
04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs

LT-R450ApK

You know ill be there brotha  ;)

Man i might be able to ride the Z again  ;D
Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock

Chillinthemost

We are already standing in the parking lot waiting ;D. Dont know about twice a month but I'm up for once.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Hoosier Daddy

once is good for me too...... if you build it they will come..
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

535banshee

its gotta have alot of shut. with these new motors and drag frames you need more room. 300ft with 600 to 900ft to stop

1fastltr450

if it on my weekend off I would try it once a month and the rest of our crew could most likely do that
2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)

tribal banshee

200 ft would be cool. different and wouldn't be able to get going too fast if there wasn't a lot of shut down. 300 and you would have to have a lot shut down like Jeff said. sounds good though! ;D
'04 Grizzly 660 lifted w/mods and 29.5 outlaws mine
'04 Grizzly 660 stock girlfriends
'04 kodiak 450 stock kids

dynodon

I am in for it also, But the shut down is another concern. It is not like the ol` saltsdale days !!! Everybody has STEPPED it up alot since then !! ;D
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

tribal banshee

quick ? Stevie what would the track be? parking lot or actuall track? paddles or prowedges or street tires??
'04 Grizzly 660 lifted w/mods and 29.5 outlaws mine
'04 Grizzly 660 stock girlfriends
'04 kodiak 450 stock kids

dynodon

Paddles, from what Cut told me earlier today, after he talked to Steve
The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it

Chillinthemost

Quote from: dynodon on March 16, 2006, 09:35:14 PM
I am in for it also, But the shut down is another concern. It is not like the ol` saltsdale days !!! Everybody has STEPPED it up alot since then !! ;D
Not everybody Don. All I have is the same old chit, with a LOT more miles on it.  200ft. sounds good to me, it doesn't give the fast bikes a chance to catch me :drive.gif
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Blue160

yea i need like 20ft since if i go i will probably have the slowest bike. the slightly moded kawasaki lakota. would be cool though.
Jason
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
2002 Kawasaki Lakota 300
2004 Suzuki Quadsport 250

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com