Extended warranty coverages

Started by Mudneck, March 14, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudneck

Is it worth it?
I have 3 newer quads now. Is it worth $1800 for all the warranty coverage? Or should I self insure & pay repairs myself? Do you have to fight with dealer to get stuff covered?

I can do some repairs myself,mainly light troubleshooting & remove & replace......

Any good or bad warranty stories appreciated!
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Bigscrb15

I find it worth it incase they are stolen. I believe in insuring everything.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

AintSkeered

#2
Warranties are only as good as the dealer honoring them. I've had excellent experience with them on PWCs and on my 2003 Outy. However, the dealer has been a personal friend of mine, since 1996. I'd say that if you're buying one of the latest/greatest higher-priced ATVs, anything over 500ccs with EFI, GPS, etc., you plan on keeping it for 4-5 years and ride it like you stole it,  buy an extended warranty.  I have one on my son's 05 Raptor 350. But, the engine has been around for several, it has no electronics and he'll probablu outgrow that in another year. So, the only value I'll have for spending my money on the extended warranty will be to convince a potential buyer it comes with a warranty.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

YFZ450-Tampa

A friend of mine has the extended warranty on his YFZ 450 and his frame broke, he just call the dealer and they told him to take the quad, they will take pics, and send them to Yamaha?? if they give the OK they will fix it, so what is all this about, when they sell the warranty they offer all kind of stuf, when it comes to claim for it is a different story. >:(
Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC

Bigscrb15

I read your post wrong. I thought you asked about actual insurance, I just skimmed over it and didn't read it all the way.


I never buy extended warranties, for anything! I just think its a way for them to get extra money and always hear people having trouble getting a claim through.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Honda250ex

Quote from: YFZ450-Tampa on March 14, 2006, 08:54:29 PM
A friend of mine has the extended warranty on his YFZ 450 and his frame broke, he just call the dealer and they told him to take the quad, they will take pics, and send them to Yamaha?? if they give the OK they will fix it, so what is all this about, when they sell the warranty they offer all kind of stuf, when it comes to claim for it is a different story. >:(

Yea thats true but if it happens to the person twice yamaha might say NO!

I bet 06yfz450 will have a long post about his 700r problem :D
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

geektrx

If you buy a factory extended warranty it is much easier than a dealer offered warranty

powersports 3.5 years house warranty is 400
honda factory warranty is 500 for 3.5 years

Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

Honda328i

It may depend on the specific manufacturer, but if you modify or do a lot of aftermarket mods, the warranty may be voided anyway, so unless you ride stock, read the fine print on the extended warranty before you buy.
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

VForcedave

DON'T DO EXTENDED WARRANTIES! THEY ARE A RIP OFF!
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Mudneck

Yea Im thinking with 3 utes in the family that with mods & lifts I think ill put away the $1500 or so for the warranties & if something happens tap into that.

Does anyone have stories of things that should have been covered that dealer refused to do????

Thank's for imput! ;D
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

Blue160

i dont have any stories about atv's but i had 2 different instances with my jet ski that they said that is not covered even after paying all that money for the extended warranty, the only thing the warranty has covered so far is the speedo not working and that is a $50 deductible and the dealership never fixes it right. One was a wear ring that shreded all to pieces in the pump housing and they say that it is a wear ring it wears out but that cost me like $300 and another was the rod that connects the trim and they said that they dont ever see any problems with it so i must have broken it so it wasnt covered. sorry if this doesnt help but it does go towards extended warranties.
2005 Yamaha Raptor 350
2002 Kawasaki Lakota 300
2004 Suzuki Quadsport 250

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com