Largest tires on Honda Foreman 500?

Started by JEMatyas, March 13, 2006, 01:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEMatyas

I want to upgrade and want to know what is the largest tire I can run without affecting the performance.
Foreman 500 4X4 ES
Recon 250

o4250


rubicon500kid

i ran 27s on my rancher but i have mods on it
do you have any mods on ur 500
i would go with 27s or 28s
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

Bo322

Here's Rancher350Kid's old (well really pretty new) 27's on a Rancher. Pulls them just fine so your 500 will not have any problem. I had to trim the left rear fender just a little to fit them. The right side was fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

450R_Matt

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

Ida_Mann

I got 27's on my Rubicon, and it runs fine.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Moose

Running big tires is not a problem for the most part. You will find the real answer to your question when you drop off into some deep mud. If the tires are to big for the quad, it won't turn the tires over in the deep stuff, and I mean mud, not water.

I run 26" with a 450 foreman, and would think a 500 would turn the 27" good.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

SWAMP_DONKEY

Always remember ...Unspung weight I.E. Tires and rims are your enemy when it comes to robbing you of power. An extra 1/2 inch of ground clearance means nothing if you cant turn the tires over. Go with the lightest tire you can get with the most agressive tread IMO ITP Mud Light works the best. I noticed a HUGE difference going from 589's to mud lights on my KING QUAD.