Motorcycle Wreck

Started by Eruption, March 09, 2006, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eruption


yunt2ride

Thats terrible. People should have respect for motorcycles.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Brute Force

Man was he going too fast around that on ramp. That sent chills down my back especicially cause I just got a GSX-R 750.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

mrbones

Low siding on an entry ramp? Too fast...stupid rider.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

gery350

you know whats weird is why would someone just video some guy on a  motorcycle on an onramp. if you notice he focuses in on the bike from beginning to end. almost as if he knew........




things that make you go hmmmmm.......
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Yamaha72

Quote from: gery350 on March 09, 2006, 07:20:37 PM
you know whats weird is why would someone just video some guy on a  motorcycle on an onramp. if you notice he focuses in on the bike from beginning to end. almost as if he knew........




things that make you go hmmmmm.......

Most probably trying to show off unless it was one of those highway camara's???
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150

Eruption

Quote from: gery350 on March 09, 2006, 07:20:37 PM
you know whats weird is why would someone just video some guy on a  motorcycle on an onramp. if you notice he focuses in on the bike from beginning to end. almost as if he knew........
things that make you go hmmmmm.......

Good Point!  Makes ya wonder

geektrx

Quote from: yunt2ride on March 09, 2006, 06:31:47 PM
Thats terrible. People should have respect for motorcycles.

respect they put their lives on the line every day they ride cuz they don't give a sh*t about anything but going fast or being loud

i sold my cbr b/c of the way people talked about how i was gonna get killed on a motorcycle

when your on a bike you don't have anything to protect you execept you helment and on top of that you got 1000-5000lbs cars/trucks around you that can't see you b/c you are either speeding or in a blind spot

so when you say respect think of it this way, the bikers don't have respect for anything around them

i should know i didn't have any when i rode out
Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS

ATVXtreme

I disagree with you geektrx I have respect all the time, for everyone around me. When I ride the rode I have to have ears and eyes all around me, I am constantly scanning where to get off if something happens. Everytime I am out there, it is another day I could lose my life, that is the chance I take to riding on the road. Have you ever come close to losing that day - if you did you will know what respect is all about? I have been there, done that.

If anyone doesn't have respect it is the motorist that are out there. They will run you off the road and don't care. They will pull out in front of you, never see you or don't care. In order to survive on the road you have to ride with heads up.

Quote from: geektrx on March 10, 2006, 07:38:10 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on March 09, 2006, 06:31:47 PM
Thats terrible. People should have respect for motorcycles.

respect they put their lives on the line every day they ride cuz they don't give a sh*t about anything but going fast or being loud

i sold my cbr b/c of the way people talked about how i was gonna get killed on a motorcycle

when your on a bike you don't have anything to protect you execept you helment and on top of that you got 1000-5000lbs cars/trucks around you that can't see you b/c you are either speeding or in a blind spot

so when you say respect think of it this way, the bikers don't have respect for anything around them

i should know i didn't have any when i rode out

Moose

I had a rule that worked pretty darn good. Every other vehicle I could see was going to hit me, so I had to watch them close to dodge them. Saved my life a few times I figure.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

yunt2ride

Quote from: ATVXtreme on March 10, 2006, 11:17:06 AM
I disagree with you geektrx I have respect all the time, for everyone around me. When I ride the rode I have to have ears and eyes all around me, I am constantly scanning where to get off if something happens. Everytime I am out there, it is another day I could lose my life, that is the chance I take to riding on the road. Have you ever come close to losing that day - if you did you will know what respect is all about? I have been there, done that.

If anyone doesn't have respect it is the motorist that are out there. They will run you off the road and don't care. They will pull out in front of you, never see you or don't care. In order to survive on the road you have to ride with heads up.

Quote from: geektrx on March 10, 2006, 07:38:10 AM
Quote from: yunt2ride on March 09, 2006, 06:31:47 PM
Thats terrible. People should have respect for motorcycles.

respect they put their lives on the line every day they ride cuz they don't give a sh*t about anything but going fast or being loud

i sold my cbr b/c of the way people talked about how i was gonna get killed on a motorcycle

when your on a bike you don't have anything to protect you execept you helment and on top of that you got 1000-5000lbs cars/trucks around you that can't see you b/c you are either speeding or in a blind spot

so when you say respect think of it this way, the bikers don't have respect for anything around them

i should know i didn't have any when i rode out

That is correct but every day in front of my shop I see someone that leaves the stop sign wide open on them, Thats not respect. I had several and wish I had one now but when i was younger I had respect for it but in return I was known to drive it fast also. That was a time that I had forgotten what could happen while riding because it was fun at the time. I have never crashed on one but I did have some close calls and most of them was when I had turned my head for just a second or just wasn't paying close attention.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

LakeMaryKid

Not quite sure how that video has to do with respect.....he was on a blind on ramp and you could tell the motorist slowed down but wasnt sure which way to go. Now if the motorist moved over onto him or did something dumb that, has no respect.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

yunt2ride

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on March 10, 2006, 02:48:21 PM
Not quite sure how that video has to do with respect.....he was on a blind on ramp and you could tell the motorist slowed down but wasnt sure which way to go. Now if the motorist moved over onto him or did something dumb that, has no respect.


The guy on the motorcycle was trying to see how fast he could take that curve. That is no respect for the motorcycle.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

ATVXtreme

It doesn't seem to make a difference whether there is respect for the motorcycle, it is knowing your limits, and never going over that limit. It is never running out of talent so to speak. Once you are over the line, it is too late. Respect as to how fast I can go without approaching the limit.

Quote from: yunt2ride on March 11, 2006, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on March 10, 2006, 02:48:21 PM
Not quite sure how that video has to do with respect.....he was on a blind on ramp and you could tell the motorist slowed down but wasnt sure which way to go. Now if the motorist moved over onto him or did something dumb that, has no respect.


The guy on the motorcycle was trying to see how fast he could take that curve. That is no respect for the motorcycle.

2006YFZ450

Man that was seriusly bad.  First the biker huals B@lls through that onramp then a car hits him and the driver of that white car doesn't even try of stopping.
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

yunt2ride

Thats correct, you need to know your limits but you also need to know the bikes limits with your riding ability. If the guy wanted to try that then he should have been on a closed course. I see people every day on the highway out front that sees just how quick they can get their speed up or trying to ride a wheelie on them. That is no respect on the open road. The person in the car did nothing wrong and you all say they never hit their brakes. Now that person will have to deal with it for the rest of their life and they did nothing wrong. Stupid people. He was in the road before the person in the car knew it. He played a deadly game and lost. Keep it off the streets doing stunts like that.

Quote from: ATVXtreme on March 11, 2006, 11:52:45 AM
It doesn't seem to make a difference whether there is respect for the motorcycle, it is knowing your limits, and never going over that limit. It is never running out of talent so to speak. Once you are over the line, it is too late. Respect as to how fast I can go without approaching the limit.

Quote from: yunt2ride on March 11, 2006, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: LakeMaryKid on March 10, 2006, 02:48:21 PM
Not quite sure how that video has to do with respect.....he was on a blind on ramp and you could tell the motorist slowed down but wasnt sure which way to go. Now if the motorist moved over onto him or did something dumb that, has no respect.


The guy on the motorcycle was trying to see how fast he could take that curve. That is no respect for the motorcycle.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

ATVXtreme

yunt2ride - your 100% correct - I didn't think we would ever come to an agreement. That is the reason why I ride off road - not only to keep my skills on the top but also to keep me from doing something like that on the road.

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: yunt2ride on March 11, 2006, 10:52:28 AM

The guy on the motorcycle was trying to see how fast he could take that curve. That is no respect for the motorcycle.

I thought you meant about other vehicles giving respect. That you are right about. Its just dumb riding.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft