Durhamtown 3/9 - 3/13

Started by Chris505, February 27, 2006, 10:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris505

Well time is getting close. me and about 7 in our group are going up to durhamtown and staying in
BILLS place... Im hoping for some dry days but a little rain makes it fun...
Anyone else going up that weekend because none of the other cabins are vacant,,, we were on a waiting list for bills place and that weekend became open....

4 days of red clay woooaaaa!
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

T2

Chris, Flea_jumper and I will be up there we are leaving fri the 10th and coming home on the 13 we should see you guys up there.I'm with you I hope the ground is dry and not like last time we were there.  A big mud fest :D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

bigscrub79

I will let yall know the conditions, I am going up there friday. Man i cant wait.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Chris505

QuoteChris, Flea_jumper and I will be up there we are leaving fri the 10th and coming home on the 13 we should see you guys up there.I'm with you I hope the ground is dry and not like last time we were there.  A big mud fest

what cabin-shack are you guys staying in???

i knew that there had to be some floridians heading up,, being that it was booked up  that weekend...

Are you guys going to do a night ride?? that is what im looking foward to...
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

Bigscrb15

The Parts Unlimited sales rep was in our local cycle shop the other day and we were talking to him, he had just got back from Durhamtown and said it was pretty muddy. He said they had just opened the MX #5 track through the woods and said it was awesome!!! He mentioned something about a 120' step-up.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

T2

Quote from: Chris505 on February 28, 2006, 12:14:24 PM
QuoteChris, Flea_jumper and I will be up there we are leaving fri the 10th and coming home on the 13 we should see you guys up there.I'm with you I hope the ground is dry and not like last time we were there.  A big mud fest

what cabin-shack are you guys staying in???

i knew that there had to be some floridians heading up,, being that it was booked up  that weekend.
I dont know what shack Flea booked for us, But I know I will be doing the night right on sat night.

Are you guys going to do a night ride?? that is what im looking foward to...
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

 :M

what, you guys don't wanna be washing your quads when they look like this?

Id@

ps: remember Tony, bring a hose and I'm sure some friendly ATVFL members will allow you to wash off at Bill's place :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

rappy350

I am goin to gatorback that weekend the nationals are comin to town.
2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
Big Red (sister in-laws)

Hollywood

If the weather is good and nothing comes up between now and then me and the family will meet you guys there Saturday and probably stay for the weekend. Need to figure out exactly where it is but I'll check the website.
'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr

T2

Look foward to seeing you HW. ;)
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Chris505

they have the directions on the site .. it is easy to  following them..
here is an overview once you leave I75 in macon


[attachment deleted by admin]
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

bigscrub79

Just wanted to let yall know, the trails were pretty nice not to dry but not to wet. They were also a bit rough, but not to bad. I didnt ride the tracks because i have a utility and they wouldnt let me, but everyone seemed to be enjoying them. I didnt hear anyone complain about them. Hope yall have a good time.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

wyldelee

Thanks that sounds great! Can't wait till Friday, will be there with my 9year old son and 13 year old daughter. We are staying in Turkey Roost Friday night, then moving to Green acres till Tuesday when we leave.

Lee

wyldelee

Hey Flea_jumper and T2, you guys still going? Checked the weather and it looks good. Some light showers Friday morning, and then clear Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We are heading up Friday morning. Let me know if you guys are meeting up?

Lee

T2

Have to check with FJ to see if his bike is put back together yet. I still dont like the sound of any rain in the forcast on the red clay. Its giving me a flashback of the last time I was there.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

wyldelee

Ok, I haven't been there before so I called them and they said the weather was all good for riding. It sounded good to me. If you decide you are going give me a shout on the cell 321-231-8361.

Lee 

T2

 I'm still wanting to go I'm all packed up and ready I'm just checking on the weahter. You have a place to stay at. I believe FJ made the plans for the cabin, I guess I will have to check with him to see if its still avaliable. Here is my # I need someone to convince me on going even if there is rain in the forcast.
(407) 595-6588 Tony is the name aka T2 ;D
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Chris505

from what i read there is only rain friday morning...DUST CONTROL
T2 you dont need convincing get in the truck and go..
We should be leaving around 1-2 am
trailer is packed and just waiting
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

wyldelee

Tony,
Friday night they are putting us in the Turkey Roost cabin. We will have one extra single bed available, so if flea isn't coming you can ask them to add a cot (if you need it). If Flea is coming then you guys probably want to call them about the Mossy Oaks RV for Friday night.
On Saturday till we leave on Tuesday, they are moving us into the big cabin (Green acres). We are only using 1 bedroom, so we will have 1 extra bedroom (with a double bed and a single bed), and the loft for 2-3 that we are not using. So there is plenty of room if you want to go.....

Why don't you check with Flea and I'll give you a call this afternoon.

Lee

T2

I will give a call soon, hes at work right now, Talk to you guys soon,
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

T2

Ok it looks like I'm not going due to the weather, rain on fri, and sat, and if its anything like the last time I was there in the rain, its not that much fun, just have to wait for dry season to come. Who ever is still going have lots of fun and a safe trip up there. Talk to you guys soon.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

AintSkeered

We will be there if they let me off work and I won't know that until next Friday. We'll just bring our tent(s)/airbeds/sleeping bags/lamps cause they have public showers/johns right in the camping area, anyways.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

susieblazer

how was the riding ? As it is now 3/24 a week later........ and nothing about the ride you all had.................
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

wheelie_boy

^ also is there really and mx track 5?
05 kx 250f

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Your custom content or HTML goes here