what's the best way to clean mud?

Started by donnie_darko, March 05, 2006, 03:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevy1500z71

a freind of mine said if u spray baby oil on ur bike it all sticks to the baby oil and rinses rite off,no stains

LakeMaryKid

If you want your aluminum looking good DO NOT USE greased lightning. It will tarnish it and make it a yellow tinge.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

bigscrub79

I use Zep Citrus Degreaser, I mix it 50/50 with water and spray it on everything. I leave it on for about 10 minutes then pressure wash it off. I have yet to have a problem with it. It hasnt tarnished any aluminum or messed up anything else.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

rubicon500kid

i gave up cleaning mine cuz sum 1 is always taking it out and if i clean it one night the next when i get home its muddy lol

but when i do clean it (like now its clean)
i use a mix of simpel green,Greased Lightening,water and dish soap it works good
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

PLAYBOY_400

I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF DIFFERENT WAYS TO CLEAN THE MUD OFF. BUT THE BEST WAY I HAVE FOUND SO FAR IS TO USE A HIGH PRESSURE NOZZLE ON THE HOSE AND GET ALL THE BIG CHUNKS OF MUD OFF. THEN SPRAY DOWN THE FRAME AND ENGINE WITH 88 DEGREASER. AFTER THAT YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH JUST DRY IT OFF AND SPRAY IT DOWN WITH WD40. ASIDE FROM MY PLASTICS ALL SCRATCHED UP FROM THE TRAIL RIDES IT LOOKS BRAND NEW. LIKE SOMEONE SAID ALREADY THE PRESSURE CLEANER WORKS GREAT BUT IT TAKES AWAY STICKERS.
2005 400EX. FULL DMC AFTERBURNER, STAGE 2 DYNO JETS, WHITE BROS REV. BOX, SPROCKETS, K&N FILTER. KEEPS UP FOR A LIL BIKE...SUCKS GAS AND HAULS A$$. IM ALSO THE PARTS GUY YOU NEED TO TALK TO FOR ALL YOUR FORKLIFT AND MACHINE NEEDS. [email]RICKY@MRLIFT.COM[/email]

Teej

Make it easy on yourself before hand, especially if you are going to be riding in GA clay. Go to Walmart and buy their generic brand of WD40 [you are going to spray it off, might as well buy cheaper stuff] and spray everyting down except your grips and seat. All the mud and dirt will spray right off. And the sooner you wash off the better..........

Speaking of generic's. I just found out that NAPA makes it's own brand of Chain Lube. It is a lot cheaper than the chain lubes the bike shops try to sell you. I am all for saving money and making cleaning easier.

Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

kawGIRL

Quote from: LakeMaryKid on March 06, 2006, 08:16:33 PM
If you want your aluminum looking good DO NOT USE greased lightning. It will tarnish it and make it a yellow tinge.

If you wash it off within 10 seconds it is fine  ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Joedirt

Well I have found that a good pre rinse to get the chunks off then some kind of cleaner under on the frame and such....another good rinse... soap and water with a hand sponge.....in every spot...rinse then a spay down with Tire foam....keeps it shiny and mud washes off a lot better...
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com