Legal Help (sort of) *UPDATE*

Started by LakeMaryKid, March 01, 2006, 06:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LakeMaryKid

Well I have been looking at a truck for a LONG time now. Im 15 and turn 16 in August (3rd to be exact) I am about a grand shy of the amount needed for the truck, but could come up with it in no time, maybe even get a loan. Now here is where the help is needed. At 15, am I able to purchase the truck and have my name on the title? Could i purchase this truck and have it be legally mine? Or do i have to be a licensed driver? This is literally my dream truck and been busting my arse to try and get it. I want to buy it now before it is sold and i cant get it anymore.

Here is a picture cause i know yall wanna see.


5.0 motor, duals, 35's, 6" lift, Automatic good lord im drooling.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

o4250

Probaly gonna be under your parents names? How much is he asking?

klutchbuster400

#2
nice truck bro.

its an awesome feeling the first time you get a truck.
it feels even better when you earned it and it wasnt given.

sorry i dont know the answer. not sure if a minor(meaning you would have to be 18) can have a car titled to their name.

gery350 ;D

LakeMaryKid

Hes asking a lil under 5 grand for it.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

atvtrailer

you have to be 18 to have your name as the first on the title, if u are under 18, u can have someone who is 18 or older as the first name, and then yours as the second(thats how my truck is)
05 450r #13B

Sweet Z

#5
When I got my car at 16 I could have put it under my name but the insureance  would have been a lot higher. It comes out cheaper to have it under ur parents name.
2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE

Bigscrb15

#6
"There is not a statutory age limit on any persons for ownership of a motor vehicle. However, you may want to check with the insurance company before titling vehicle in the name of a minor. "


I had 2 vehicles in my name when I was under 18.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Moose

#7
I was under 18 when I got my first car, had my name on the title and the insurance. I paid for it all.


LMK, see if the guy will hold the truck with a down payment, then make payments as you can. I bet by the time you're 16 it'll be paid for.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

ppark350se

you can have your name on the title if you buy it out right.
[url="http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet"]http://r.yuwie.com/thecrappyhornet[/url]

LakeMaryKid

#9
Quote from: Moose on March 01, 2006, 08:24:05 PM

LMK, see if the guy will hold the truck with a down payment, then make payments as you can. I bet by the time you're 16 it'll be paid for.

With todays day and age, i wouldnt trust anyone. Anyways it is already almost payed for. Its just a matter of being able to get the truck with my name on the title but under my parents insurance. One reason for my name on the title is so if they say they couldnt take it away from me or if i did take it they couldnt say it was stolen(not that they would). Main reason is they cant take it away as i paid for it all.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Smoknbanshee

one word of advice....as long as you live in their house they can take whatever they want from you....actually until your 18 your not a legal adult and they can do what ever they want....no insurance no drivey.....just stay out of trouble and you won't have to worry about them taking it away....
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

o4250

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on March 01, 2006, 09:24:51 PM
just stay out of trouble and you won't have to worry about them taking it away....

:ThumbsUp.gif

I don't really know your parents curtis, but I wouldnt worry about them taking it away. I know the only way my parents would take away my vehicle is if I got in a lot of trouble (drugs, DUI, etc..) Hopefully you know better than that. ;)

LakeMaryKid

Yeah i know, trust me i dont get into much trouble, so really dont have to worry about it. Right now all im tryin to do is figure out away to get this damn truck. Even if its 6 months of driving with my pappy in it itll be mind and i can say i drive a bad ass truck.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

PowerStroke 7.3

Quote from: Smoknbanshee on March 01, 2006, 09:24:51 PM
one word of advice....as long as you live in their house they can take whatever they want from you....actually until your 18 your not a legal adult and they can do what ever they want....no insurance no drivey.....just stay out of trouble and you won't have to worry about them taking it away....


i agree 100%
03 Z450- JB frame and subframe, JB swingarm, Laeger Protraxx arms and stem, PEP shocks, Yoshi 450 kit, baldwin head,Sparks pipe, DG bumper, DG skidplate,DG grabbar,Quadtech shrouds, much moreGONE
2004 Walsh/Elka Yfz450GONE
2006 TM LTR450...Rath nerfs,bumper,houser stem,fastco bars. Come to come#112

Moose

Good thinking LMK, I drove with my parents at first just so I could drive. One part was nice though, my mom had just bought a brand new Firebird with a 350. That thing was so nice to drive.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Dr.Dirt

Calm down you guys. No need to get a perfectly good thread deleted.

450R_Matt

Nice Truck Curtis.   I had my eye on one of those F250's once. Then I bought a Chevy. :D  
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

o4250

Ahh this brings back the good ol' days. 8)

The Quad FaJa

Quote from: ppark350se on March 01, 2006, 08:30:10 PM
you can have your name on the title if you buy it out right.
+1 my little brother has a 89 240sx in his name

Mrs.Nightbreed

LMK,

I got my first car at 17 and my mom wanted her name nowhere near it LOL. I had the title and insurance in my name alone with no problems

o4250


450R_Matt

#21
Yall are too funny. The replies are disappearing as fast as they appear. lol Im still wondering about the legal end. Hell The quad Fa has a 1 year old brother that has a 240 in his name  ??? :o ;D   lol
Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: 1fast250r on March 01, 2006, 10:34:24 PM
Yall are too funny.  The replies are disapearing as fast as they apear. lol  Im still woundering about the legal end.  Hell The quad Fa has a 1 year old brother that has a 240 in his name  ???  :o    lol

LMAO me too. From the soudns of it, im ok with it. My dad is gonna check into it but i wanted to find out earlier.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

LakeMaryKid

Quote from: SlowestYfz450 on March 01, 2006, 10:39:54 PM
OK so LMK thinks young parenst are stupid, so lets all tell our kids that we where stupid for having them. Thats kinda like telling them that we wish we hadnt, Wich i know for a fact 99% of the Mature young parents wouldnt take it back
Ok to begin with your pulling words out of my mouth. Second of all you make absolutely no sense. Too bad another one of you will be running around, and you prove to everyone your the 1% immature young parents. Please cut the bullcrap in my thread before it gets deleted.
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

Nightbreed

Ya know, this is why i aint never havin no kids.....  um wait a min ???

Kid, give me a call tomorrow.
What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com