Deltona place near the power lines

Started by Ida_Mann, February 26, 2006, 08:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

For those of you who live in or near Deltona, you may or may not know the area in town that is near the power lines(I'm trying not to list the address so as not to attract attention).

I went there and took the ute out for a short ride with my daughter on the back on Saturday after her balet class.  Both her and I had a blast and even met a fellow ATVFL member who had almost sunk their Kawi.  I proceeded to drive through a "puddle" that I thought was shallow,,,,much to my surprise I was suddenly thrust quad-first into water that came up over the front fenders,,,,but the Rubi took it like a champ and I plowed through to the other side without missing a stroke.  Soon thereafter, I noticed that many of the people I had seen coming in were gone, so I investigated and found a previously known to me(some few know why) Volusia County deputy sitting there in his car looking at my truck and trailer.

He informed me that the area was private property and that I was trespassing.  I took that as my cue to leave and he soon took off after it was obvious that I WAS loading up to go home.

Anyway, the point I am getting to is that after getting home and settled, I decided to do a little research and found out that the beginning part of that area where people ride IS in fact private property but most of it is owned by the Volusia County School system.  In driving around there on my quad I noticed a ton of trash and various debris cluttering up the area that was obviously left by people coming in and having a party then leaving everything behind,,,,some looks like someone cleaned out an abandoned house and dumped the waste there, and in one spot it looks as if a roofer didn't want to make the trip to the dump after ripping someone's roof off.

In my research I found the legal owner's name and address and I would like to contact him and let him know who ATVFL is and would like to offer our services in cleaning up the area in return for permission to ride at reasonable hours(daylight) in that little spot.

So I ask this of my fellow members here,,,,can you please post if you would be willing to help in cleaning up the area if the owner would allow people to ride there?

Please no joking around in this thread because my intention is to print the entire post once it's ready and send that along with my letter to him to show how many good people are out there that are willing to clean up his land in order to have a little fun.

Anybody?

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

01ZX12R

Ida, Let me know what you come up with on this. I will come out and help. I live a few miles away near Pine Ridge. I have been riding in this place since the mid 80's. Not as much riding room now since all the water, but it is still a great place to play.
K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132

Bigscrb15

Ida, Im in Winter Haven and have never been there before but let me know if the owner agrees. I would be more than happy to come out and clean up the property.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

vspec1

Let us know if the owner agrees and I'll come out and help.
2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc

Honda328i

[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

SkyHighT100

Id@ - If this is this place I am thinking of, I live about 5 minutes away so definately count me in for a clean up ride (minus the ride, lol). Just set a date and I'll be out there, even if it is during the week, I get out of work at 2. :)
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

bigscrub79

Let me know what he says and i would be more than happy to go up there and help out.
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Moose

Hey you can put me down to help, I can haul a bunch of trash on my 14' trailer and the truck. I used to live there, would be good to see the place again.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Ida_Mann

keep em coming ya'll, I'm hoping to make a good impression on the dear sir.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

knucklehead

I have only been there 2 times but I would be there to help if it will be a place for us to use . So count me in also
85 lt250r quadracer

03 z400 with mods

Im not fat Im squeezable

Brute Force

I've never been there but have passed it on several occasions. I would be more then happy to come and help clean up that area. I have a truck and a 12' trailer we could load up w/ trash.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

350x_rider

I have not been down in a while ,but am close.I would help clean up

vspec1

Ida, any word from the owner? have you made contact? Thanks
2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc

Ida_Mann

I have not written my letter yet, but I plan to do that next week or even Friday,,,,,I have a business trip over to Tampa on Friday and I will not be driving so I'll take the tablet with me and write out a letter then.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

carmine82

 ;Di can help to. i live just down the road and can bring a 12 trailer to help haul the trash. that is a great riding place, alot of fun. count me in!!!!

Brute Force

Quote from: Ida_Mann on March 01, 2006, 07:56:01 AM
I have not written my letter yet, but I plan to do that next week or even Friday,,,,,I have a business trip over to Tampa on Friday and I will not be driving so I'll take the tablet with me and write out a letter then.

Id@

Hey Ida, did you ever get a chance to write that letter and send it in? Just wondering what's the status.
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4, HMF pipe, dyno jet, HP clutch, HP Belt, 2inch wheel spacers, 28 inch ITP 589, 2 inch lift, Bayou Snorkle, ICM Power Pak, Stereo.

2003 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4, 2 inch lift, 27 inch ITP 589, Home made snorkle.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com