anyone willing to do a little landscaping work?

Started by Ida_Mann, February 23, 2006, 03:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ida_Mann

I can post pics, but I have a back yard that is about 80' long by about 40' wide and has a small pool, and a large patio in it, so the yard itself is not very big.  Well, the guy who owned the home before me decided to go with a "tropical" theme and put just about as much plant life as he could back there so that you cannot take more than three steps without hitting something.

I want to clear it all out except for one or two plants and really don't have the time to do it myself.

any takers? come to Deltona or look at the pics and give me a quote to rip up everything and haul it off.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Honda328i

You really mean clearing the land for a TRACK right?  ;)  (At least for the mini?)
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Ida_Mann

Quote from: Honda328i on February 23, 2006, 03:40:40 PM
You really mean clearing the land for a TRACK right?  ;)  (At least for the mini?)

that aint a bad idea,,,but nope, I want grass back there eventually.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

T2

IDA I Seen your backyard already. Yea its pretty darn full back there. I wouldn't know what to charge you on something like that. I would be intrested in helping you out because I need some money to make a trip to DT in march most likely the 10th through the 14th.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

2006YFZ450

"Honda250ex" dad does that kind of stuff but not sure if he will work that far from Clearwater ???
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on February 23, 2006, 05:11:18 PM
"Honda250ex" dad does that kind of stuff but not sure if he will work that far from Clearwater ???

Is he a jerk too?  ;D   Sorry, I couldn't resist
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on February 23, 2006, 05:25:05 PM
Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on February 23, 2006, 05:11:18 PM
"Honda250ex" dad does that kind of stuff but not sure if he will work that far from Clearwater ???

Is he a jerk too?  ;D   Sorry, I couldn't resist

Mike.... control yourself ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

Quote from: big-daddy on February 23, 2006, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on February 23, 2006, 05:25:05 PM
Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on February 23, 2006, 05:11:18 PM
"Honda250ex" dad does that kind of stuff but not sure if he will work that far from Clearwater ???


lol.

Is he a jerk too?  ;D   Sorry, I couldn't resist

Mike.... control yourself ;)
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

SoFlaEiger


2006YFZ450

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on February 23, 2006, 05:25:05 PM
Quote from: 2006YFZ450 on February 23, 2006, 05:11:18 PM
"Honda250ex" dad does that kind of stuff but not sure if he will work that far from Clearwater ???

Is he a jerk too?  ;D   Sorry, I couldn't resist

No :N

'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Ida_Mann

got pics.

hopefully they are thorough enough.

the wood bench and small wood deck are both gone now.







































Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Ida_Mann

just FYI, I want to keep the tall palm tree(whatever kind it is) for now and the little storage shed and the hibiscus bush my daughter is standing next to.

the rest needs to go.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Joedirt

LOL a little landscaping?......That is a decent sized job A LOT of tear-out. Quite a ways from my house but I do that kind of thing for stress therapy....very relaxing..lol...I will let you know if I can swing a weekend.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Ida_Mann

thing is, a lot of the smaller plants are still in their own pots,,,but yeah it is a lot of work,,,,,maybe if it were summer and the pool was not so cold, I would do it myself, but I kinda wanted all this done before spring hit so I could start growing grass back there,,,,,or maybe even sod the back yard,,,,dunno I'm undecided but I just want to see a blank slat to decide further.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

MachineDog

This is why we have atvs and atv trailers. :) There's nothing compared to trying to cut and haul out 5 20-25' pines out of the forest of trees in our backyard after a hurricane with a Recon 250cc. Thank god this time we'll have the arctic cat. lol
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

Kawa3

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

SoFlaEiger

quite a bit of that stuff is salvageable and expensive!! Sago's are a dead species down here (scales wiped em out) but they're nice plants and can be sold for a nice price if its a good size.

that is a lot of work...I did a job similar to that today (front and back yard) and got $1100 for the whole job, including  removal of some carolina jasmine vine (BIG work)

good luck...i think im too far to help ya out.

Bigscrb15

Yeah, my grandmother had a sago palm just a hair bigger than yours and before she moved houses she had someone offer her $700 and they would come pull it out. While she lived there some guy would come by and pay her to take the little seeds out of it. I think he payed like $25 per seed.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

SoFlaEiger

Quote from: CaribbeanCowboy on February 25, 2006, 04:03:19 PM
Yeah, my grandmother had a sago palm just a hair bigger than yours and before she moved houses she had someone offer her $700 and they would come pull it out. While she lived there some guy would come by and pay her to take the little seeds out of it. I think he payed like $25 per seed.

thats gettin carried away.  That sago there is about $125-$200 wholesale.  Can't plant them down here anymore because of that scales disease that they get.  You rarely see them anymore in south florida.

rubicon500kid

i would do it all for 300 $ but im too far from there and it would cost that much to drive up there
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

klutchbuster400

you have a 4x4 dont ya?
tie up a rope to the tree and 4x4 and start pullin ;)

Ida_Mann

nah,,,,nothing to grab on to with the quad cause the big trees are staying,,,,just most of the little trees and plants.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com