Polaris belt help

Started by Teej, February 22, 2006, 02:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teej

Just got a 2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330 2x4. I bought it used and did not get an owners manual.

I need instructions for changing the belt please and a source for purchasing a replacement belt.

Thank you,
Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

yunt2ride

Be sure to by a polaris brand. I purchased one from the auto parts store and it did not seem to last as long and was alomost the same price anyways. To change the belt all you have to do is unscrew the side cover and roll the old one off and roll the new one on. Its real easy. You may have to take off the bolts to the step also but thats easy to. It will not take all that long to do it.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Teej

Thanks, have you heard anything good or bad about Dayco belts? I don't know if they have the one I need, but I was going to check.

Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

yunt2ride

The one that I purchased from the auto parts store was a Dayco and it did not last as long as the polaris brand and it was only about $5 cheaper
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo