"Alternative" tie-downs, I don't think so...

Started by Honda328i, February 21, 2006, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honda328i

I bought these tie-downs at Home Depot while I was moving, but I never liked the other set of these I have because they were cheap, and I was going to get my $$ back.

I looked at the back last night to see about returning them, but I'm not setting foot in the place now!  ???

No joke, your eyes are seeing it just as I did, no photoshop.  :B

I'm sent this one to Jay Leno.

[attachment deleted by admin]
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

FishaHallic


Moose

Look close and read.

I don't use that type of strap for anything other than a cooler, gas can, etc.

I've heard of to many quads falling off trailers at 60-70 mph to trust the cheapest straps I can find. Some say I over do it strapping my quads down, but you won't find one of mine on the road looking like a wad of tin foil all wadded up in a ball.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Dr.Dirt


FishaHallic

I was trying to read between the lines but I got it now.   ;D

gery350

hey those are the ones iuse. same color and all.

i've never had aprob. with them but now that i know i'ma gonna get me some good ones. ;) ;)
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

PLEDGER#76

I only use ANCRA tie-downs and they are not even ratchet ones either, only the pull tight ones, the ANCRAS are on the pricey side but well worth it...
1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R

Ida_Mann

yeah I bought some cheap ones at wallyworld and that was all I had to tie my new ute down in the back of my truck from Cocoa to Deltona,,,,,,you better believe I was the slowest driver out there,,,I had old ladys in Chevettes honking at me ;-)

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Joedirt

I try  to use 3 tie downs on a quad , can never be to safe with 12k worth of toys in the back... I found truck stops ( Flying J , Petro) have the best and longest lasting Ratchet tie downs. They are made to be abused.
2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com