Rabbit Run

Started by yunt2ride, January 27, 2005, 02:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yunt2ride

Does anyone have any information as to when it is.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Flea_Jumper

What is the rabbit run?

AutoTek

It's around Easter you can go apollomotercycle.com web site for info on it..it's the same club that puts on the pumkinrun

AutoTek


yunt2ride

Thanks Autotek, I sent them an email asking them as they have not updated there website since 08/04
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

AutoTek

Yea they are slow when it comes to updating the web sight ..
generally the dates are the same from year to year..the rabbitrun is the same set up as the pumkinrun ....hang around all day then its a poker style run around 9pm at night..about
20 miles long with a timed run starting first..its fun but the run is lot of stop and go do the fact the turn out is around 900 atv or so

yunt2ride

We attended the pumpkin run last year. Plan on going to the rabbit run this year.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

SkyHighT100

As far as I know, they are no longer doing the timed run and it is all fun runs. At least thats how it was last year. The run starts around 7. There were over a thousand people at the Pumpkin Run, but not as many show up for the Rabbit Run because this is only the 3rd year of that. I believe it is April 20-something, it was last year. They are reallys low about updating the website, try looking again mid-Feb.

Also, they may be doing the same sign-up procedure as they did the last Pumpkin Run. Due to so many people attending it is now invite only and prepay only. If you have attended previous rides, you'll get your form in the mail. Otherwise... not sure what to tell you. But it may be different because the Rabbit Run is so much smaller.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

RnkOutlaw

Well last year a good friend of mine went to the rabbit run and he said that they ended up leaving because of all the dust. I guess its no fun for 4x4
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

yunt2ride

QuoteWell last year a good friend of mine went to the rabbit run and he said that they ended up leaving because of all the dust. I guess its no fun for 4x4


There was plenty of places for Mud or sport drags. It was a little dusty but fun altogether. If you trail ride in florida Its probably gonna be dusty anyways. Had a good time and we own 4X4s
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

SkyHighT100

Usually it is really muddy. One of the times I had gone they made us all leave at the half way point because the last half had over 500 bikes stuck!! But last year's Rabbit Run defiantely stunk. My friends and I were the very first ones on the trail and even then it was dusty to the point you couldnt see, I cant imagine how bad it must have been for everyone else.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

RnkOutlaw

Yeah well the pumkin run and rabbit run are the same place as far as I know, I had a great time at the pumkin run last year but that was because there was alot of water and mud.
But i dont like to ride dirt trails or play with dust. I bought a 4x4 to play in mud
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

SkyHighT100

Yes, they are both held at the same location, they just change the trails every now and then. It all depends on the weather if its going to be "muddy" (not all of it is mud)... or dusty.
The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list :)

[url="http://www.myspace.com/humrz28"]http://www.myspace.com/humrz28[/url]

RnkOutlaw

Yea I would like to go but do they have the same things set up, like the food guys and do they have the mud pits set up
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

yunt2ride

QuoteYea I would like to go but do they have the same things set up, like the food guys and do they have the mud pits set up

They did at the Pumpkin Run
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Truegrit

QuoteWell last year a good friend of mine went to the rabbit run and he said that they ended up leaving because of all the dust. I guess its no fun for 4x4

Its ALWAYS dusty. Sometimes its harder to figure out whats dustier the trail or the parking/camping area. My red truck comes back tan every year.

As far as utility/4x4 bikes, there are easily 3 times as many of them as sport quads. The trails are usually slow due to those bike getting stuck in the trails.

Since a lot of the trails are only 4-5 ft wide it can slow down quite often. If you gstart toward the end it can actually get quicker since people end up "blazing" new trails around congested areas. However, I did have friends get back from the Pumpkin Run last year around 3AM. and they skipped half the trails.  

It is a blast, tons of fun you just have to bring lots of patience along with you.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

RnkOutlaw

Thats what we started to do last year was make our own trails. But people were looking at us like we were crazy.
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

ucfneed2ride

yeah we ended up cuttin our own trails as well...i did not have my patience with me. So, you cant go unless you get something in the mail? I went to the Pumpkin Run so does that mean i should be gettin something?
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

RnkOutlaw

I dont think you get anything in the mail, But I loved the pumkin run, but I could have sat in traffic in Miami, Now I know why people just went for the day and then left. I had more fun playing in the mud holes.
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

BCConviber

UCF- You should get something since you gave them your address when you registered at the pumpkin run. I'll keep you posted if I get something in the mail. Doubt I'll make the rabbit run, but I am definately going on the pumpkin run again.
Bart
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

ucfneed2ride

BCC what you got another wedding to go to? ;) If the rabbit run falls on the same weekend as MS&G then ill be heading to that instead most likely. The traffic on the pumpkin run was just a little too ridiculous to me.
[url="http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg"]http://www.islandnet.com/~rescuetees/rtcom/images/patches/pa250-l.jpg[/url]

Truegrit

You will get the entry form in the mail about a month before the event. Its the same one you download off the site.
'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
[url="http://www.hondaforeman.com/"]http://www.hondaforeman.com/[/url]

yunt2ride

I'm waiting for mine, just wondering, I went to the Pumpkin Run last time but now I have a couple more people that want to come with me. Does anyone know if they are going to be letting you bring someone if you get the invitation. Which I will.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

fl750mudder

The Pumkin Run is a blast! There seems to be quite a bit of mud and water ever time I have been. The Rabbit run does seem to be alot more dusty. The Pumkin Run this past time was kind of ridiculous because there were alot of people getting stuck and it caused large back ups. I think they should allow the 4x4 quads to go first that way we do not get held up. Alot of people started making their own trails. This is not a good practice because this is private land that we are on and if we destroy the property the owner may decide that he does not want us there anymore. My wife was hit in the head by a tree when someone decided to make his own trail. They were knocking down small trees. I guees they do not care about their quads either. I am sure I have ruffled somebodies feathers but I would like to see this event continue.
2005 Brute Force- HL Lift Kit, 29.5" Outlaws, 1.5" Wide trac spacers, HL Temp Gauge, Ramsey 3000 Winch, HL Diamond plate bumper and bash plate,HL ICM, Bayou snorkel kit
[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos"]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jack_raley/my_photos[/url]

RnkOutlaw

Yea your right you do get something in the mail, but since last year was the first year I went I did not recieve a letter. But as soon as they have you in there records they send you something every year.
Honda 04 Es, 27x12(back) 27x9.5(front) Outlaws,Clutch Kit, Jetted, FMF Exhaust, Lifted, Lift Springs, Warn 3000, Snorkeled

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com