Final Word on TITLES and CROOM!?!?

Started by YFZRob, February 14, 2006, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFZRob

I have searched this to death and couldn't find a clear answer.  As of late, is Croom still wanting to see titles in order to get a decal?  The Withlacoochee state website on Croom says NOTHING about requring a title, which should be good enough of an argument to get you in without one.  I just bought a Rincon 680 out of state and have zero desire to pay sales tax to a state that does nothing for us OHV users (something promised when titles started being issued).  I paid plenty of sales tax on my other bikes, but I don't want to do it on my wife's rinny. 

It seems like the determining factor is the ranger running the entrance gate?  I can bring my MSO if they want to prove the bike's not stolen.  I just don't want to drive 85 miles to be turned around.

Thanks!
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

i went about 4 weeks ago and i dont have my title. all i neede was drivers licens and my registration that was it.
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

atvtrailer

well, every time ive gone, ive never seen them turn away just the vin # and money, and i see alot of people get in with just that, last time i was there, the ranger just said that they perfer verification(ie. bill of sale) showing that it is your bike, but he said that the vin and money is fine if u cant find a way to prove its yours
05 450r #13B

YFZRob

What registration are you referring to?  There isn't one issued on the quads, so was it your truck/cars?
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

YFZRob

Quote from: atvtrailer on February 14, 2006, 04:40:45 PM
well, every time ive gone, ive never seen them turn away just the vin # and money, and i see alot of people get in with just that, last time i was there, the ranger just said that they perfer verification(ie. bill of sale) showing that it is your bike, but he said that the vin and money is fine if u cant find a way to prove its yours

Ah, cool.  So brining the MSO should be plenty.  Thank you! 
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

TRX450R_Racer

All you need is the VIN # and the money. You won't have any problems getting in.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Mr. Fixit


YFZRob

Yes, helmets ARE required for anyone on an ATV.
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

Quote from: YFZRob on February 14, 2006, 07:32:04 PM
Yes, helmets ARE required for anyone on an ATV.

that should be a rule no matter what! even not at croom!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

Teej

The other requirement deals with children.

Besides helmets, all children are required to wear eye protection.
I called there yesterday.


FYI  Teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

rktek

Are they strict on size limits of atvs.  I read on there site that 500 lbs is max wait.  My Honda 350 is 503#.  I wouldn't think that should matter as much.  I don't want to travel the 100 miles and turn around.  I never have been there and wondering if it is a really busy park?

Chillinthemost

They dont weigh your ATV. Any ATV that you straddle to ride is allowed. No Rhinos, mules or gators.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Teej

I was at Croom today and registered 4 bikes. They never asked to see the titles. [I did have them with me though] I handed him a sheet that I had typed all the description and vin numbers on and my driver license, gave him a check and that was it. [however, he may have been able to see that my bikes did have the green FL title decals on them from where he was and that may be why he did not ask for them.

teej
Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons

561rincon

i looked on thier site and it says 500lb maximum on all vehicles??? do they inforce this because my new rincon is 600 stock??
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

YFZRob

No, do not worry about that.  They just go by general Florida guidelines for ATVs which was written probably 20 years ago when ATVs didn't exceed 48" in width or 500 lbs in weight.  ANY ATV can get in as long as it's not a side by side model.
-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.

Inyourdraft2000

I have a deacl on my bike and its kept in an inclosed trailer, I pull up and the ranger just waves us on. I have yet to be asked to open up to show them what color decal or anything. Bring you your own toilet paper incase you have my kind of luck, they are always out when I need it. lol
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/Lalapops/association_sig_banner.jpg[/url]
"No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care"
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25960.0.html#lastPost[/url]<<4SALE>>>