Looking for another bike but cant decide. wanna help?

Started by SlowestYfz450, February 10, 2006, 05:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowestYfz450

I am between biulding up another Blaster, A brand new Ds650x or biulding a Banshee. I stick to trails, MX and drag so its a toss up. My 650 was the fastest bike i've owned and it did great on the trails and drag racing but I never took it to a track...... opinions anyone

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK

if you are going to be on the track a yfz or 450 is the only way to go!
[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/MOTOMAV/Home.aspx[/url]

SlowestYfz450

the only problem with that, i have ridden a few yfz and the suspension sucks. If i ended up with one of those im gunna need to put well over a grand in shocks..... I was happy with the suspension on the DS650 and the banshee, just get some used Works and its ok

53yfz450

the suspension on a yfz is way better then the banshee. ???
WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  [url="HTTP://gandgracing.com"]HTTP://gandgracing.com[/url] CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

[url="http://myspace.com/jakegunn53"]http://myspace.com/jakegunn53[/url]

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.

kfx400rob

yea dude banshee shocks havnt been changed since the 80s, so maybe ud just need to adjust them to your likengs
06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.

Dr.Dirt

#5
Quote from: kfx400rob on February 10, 2006, 08:35:54 PM
yea dude banshee shocks havnt been changed since the 80s, so maybe ud just need to adjust them to your likengs

The YFZ stock suspension is way better than a Banshee's stock suspension.  

klutchbuster400

yfz suspension is one of the best,  but recently getting a close up of one of the new 650's, their suspension is sweeeeeeett!!!!!!
for trials i would say something like a yfz or z400, drag would be a banshee or ds, and mx would have to be the yfz.

Chillinthemost

Every machine that you mentioned is great but they are not in the same class.......apples and oranges.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

SlowestYfz450

I know, Well the YFZ suspension just wasnt my liking. I love my DS and it performed great in the Drags and the trails, but can it be used on a MX track. Actually perform well?

SlowestYfz450

PS . i just watched a video of the new raptor 700r. that thing looks sweet....

gearhead400

arnt ds's too heavy and to "tall" for good track riding? I suppose you could use it on a track and have fun, as long as you didnt want to do any serious racing. Never been on one though so im not really helping  ;D
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

SlowestYfz450

I have hit quite a few big jumps with my 2001 DS. I am looking into a 2006 DS baja X. Wich is a few inches shorting in overall length, I believe 50lbs lights and have better suspension.... Anyone rode a raptor 700r yet?

SlowestYfz450


2006YFZ450

If your doing mostly Trails & Drags get a Raptor 700R.. ;)

If you do mostly MX get a YFZ 450 ;)

Each bike is designed for their own type of riding applications.   Raptor 700R is a trail Beast.  A YFZ 450 rules the track.  Banshee's rule the Dunes ;)
'06 YFZ 450
'03 F150 SVT

[url="http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450"]http://www.sponsorhouse.com/members/2006YFZ450[/url]

Honda250ex

#14
well. my cozin just had one and he flipped it over 3 times :D but it was very fast ;D The third gear will rip your arm off :P He said that his YFZ  is alot better because he rides track ::) and its not as tippy, and of course the low end power is awsome. I personally think the raptor is the best trail quad, and one of the good track, and flat Track quads. ;) and my cozin is 200YFZ450 :D
'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

SlowestYfz450

I was told the 700r had a lowe center of gravity compared to the 660r and they werent very tipsy. To bad, I guess I was improperly informed :(

mikeE36


MachineDog

Hmm... I wonder how the polaris outlaw stacks up in trails with it's IRS. :o
[url="http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg"]http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg[/url]
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/[/url] - Click to see our pics.

klutchbuster400

i saw a STOCK ds650x at the track today and it was doing awesome!!!

Chevy1500z71

a z400 can be used for trail or mx with the rite parts, but for drag a banshee is the only way to go, and a yfz will be the best for mx

KD 428

HONDA CRF450R

SlowestYfz450

I think I'm pretty much set on the ds650x, unless I get a chance to rip on a 700r.

klutchbuster400

Quote from: SlowestYfz450 on February 12, 2006, 10:47:35 PM
I think I'm pretty much set on the ds650x, unless I get a chance to rip on a 700r.
the 700 isnt bad, their were two of them at the track also, both modded, had almost the sameout come as the ds, i think the rappy would be better though, it's lighter, and maybe even faster!

bluesman


SlowestYfz450

Bluesman- The die hard DS650 man..... I though you would have told me o get one of those...... The suzuki dealer up here in GA said they wont have them for 3-6 months..... If I decide to get one sooner I wont wait..... To inpatient ;D

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com